Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

R22: Carlton Vs Hawthorn Pre Match Discussion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

The streak to continue :sad:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

Is Marchbank going to be available? It would be good to get he & Cunningham back into the side for the last couple of games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Had we played them in the so called first round we would have won but they are hitting their straps as we are fading.
If we can back up tonight's effort and run the ball again, it will be another good game to watch, regardless of the result.
One thing is for sure, he master has no idea which way the apprentice will go, unlike in previous weeks where they knew exactly how we would set up and how we would play.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Their season is over, don't have much to play for, so who knows. I'd just watch out for that sniper Hodge in his second last game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 pm 
Robert Walls

Call me crazy, but if McKay is not fit, why not do something crazy and give Jaksh a game?

Couldn't be any worse than kicking it to Casboult in 5 on 1s and watching it come straight back for a turnover goal.

And I'd prefer cunningham over smedts.
If we're going to win the spoon, there's no further point in playing smedts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

dane wrote:
Their season is over, don't have much to play for, so who knows. I'd just watch out for that sniper Hodge in his second last game.

Play Armfield on him in his second last game and give him instructions to quietly whisper in Hodge's ear, "do not touch any of our young shoots, I have nothing to lose."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Please win. Please end this. My son is 11 years old and has never seen Carlton beat Hawthorn. Make it stop!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:45 am 
Bob Chitty

Bluey44 wrote:
Call me crazy, but if McKay is not fit, why not do something crazy and give Jaksh a game?

Couldn't be any worse than kicking it to Casboult in 5 on 1s and watching it come straight back for a turnover goal.

Hey Crazy. You just called for KJ to be delisted over in the List Management thread! The MC have done a perfect job this season and they haven't played KJ for 21 rounds so you can guarantee there is good reason unrelated to the goals he sometimes kicks. Let's move on shall we?

Name one time last night where a kick to Casboult in our forward 50 came straight back for a turnover goal? It didn't happen you crazy crazy dude.

I'm glad they brought Cunningham back via the VFL after injury instead of straight into the 1's against bigger bodies but agree I'd like to see him in next week over Smedts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Crippa wrote:

I'm glad they brought Cunningham back via the VFL after injury instead of straight into the 1's against bigger bodies but agree I'd like to see him in next week over Smedts.

They didn't. He flew to Perth.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
dane wrote:

Play Armfield on him in his second last game and give him instructions to quietly whisper in Hodge's ear, "do not touch any of our young shoots, I have nothing to lose."

Not a bad idea.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:08 am 
Robert Walls

Crippa wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:

Hey Crazy. You just called for KJ to be delisted over in the List Management thread! The MC have done a perfect job this season and they haven't played KJ for 21 rounds so you can guarantee there is good reason unrelated to the goals he sometimes kicks. Let's move on shall we?

Name one time last night where a kick to Casboult in our forward 50 came straight back for a turnover goal? It didn't happen you crazy crazy dude.

Fair enough, but I (along with others) thought that jones was set to be delisted... Until he was given a chance to show whether his vfl form was good enough to translate into first grade form.. And it did
I'd argue that it could be worth giving kristian a similar go..

Reward his form, for whatever it's worth.

I'd love to have the luxury of being able to select two 'stay at home' talls, and let curnow roam free and swing back and forth. Make our forward entries less predictable

Who knows, maybe sos already has plans to offer KJ another year as a rookie.

Last edited by Bluey44 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dane wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
dane wrote:

Not a bad idea.

Bring in McGregor on the unestricted international rookie rule during the week and suggest he use Hodge as a leadup to the Mayweather debacle in waiting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Dawks have one day less break and really will have nothing to play for (thank God not Hodge's last game). Based on our best this year and past 2 weeks, I have a good feeling about this game, just as I did before Rd3 Bombers win.

Cunners, Byrne and Marchy could all be back too, so let's hope the lads believe and can do it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree about time we beat these b.....
How about actually hitting the first quarter with real purpose they are bloody slow lets take them on and run them off their legs
Get ready for Hodge et al to rough up our young guys so if he starts it you Casboult get into him and if you do who cares one less game you play for Collingwood or Freo

Any danger of also putting scoreboard pressure on by making the most of the opportunities

12 bloody years get it done

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:35 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blue Vain wrote:
Crippa wrote:

They didn't. He flew to Perth.

Oh I didn't know that. I wish they had played him then. I love how he's been progressing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:39 pm 
Bob Chitty

Bluey44 wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Bluey44 wrote:

Fair enough, but I (along with others) thought that jones was set to be delisted... Until he was given a chance to show whether his vfl form was good enough to translate into first grade form.. And it did
I'd argue that it could be worth giving kieran a similar go..

Reward his form, for whatever it's worth.

I'd love to have the luxury of being able to select two 'stay at home' talls, and let curnow roam free and swing back and forth. Make our forward entries less predictable

Who knows, maybe sos already has plans to offer KJ another year as a rookie.

I certainly don't have a solid opinion for or against KJ and probably shouldn't assume he will be delisted either.

Bolts surprised me with the game style last night and there is no harm changing things up a bit with a couple of stay at home forwards as an experiment. I'd like to see that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:03 pm 
John Nicholls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
dane wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
dane wrote:

Not a bad idea.

Bring in McGregor on the unestricted international rookie rule during the week and suggest he use Hodge as a leadup to the Mayweather debacle in waiting.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

We Can't Afford to Win at this late stage of the Season. Simple as that...

Winning this week means giving up the prized 2nd pick and possibly drifting back above the Kangaroos and Gold Coast and then ending up with only pick 4 or 5.

Can't take this risk... so keep tanking boys.... :donk: :donk: :donk:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:04 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Dodo27 wrote:
We Can't Afford to Win at this late stage of the Season. Simple as that...

Winning this week means giving up the prized 2nd pick and possibly drifting back above the Kangaroos and Gold Coast and then ending up with only pick 4 or 5.

Can't take this risk... so keep tanking boys.... :donk: :donk: :donk:

I know you're joking about the tanking but the rest is true.
Last or third last makes no difference in the overall scheme of the rebuild but it might make a lot of difference in whom we can pick up.
We need the best clearance midfielder in the draft and so do Bris and North.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next