Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

it was against the eagles at the MCG

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

grrofunger wrote:
it was against the eagles at the MCG

Yeah it was. My bad :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

He was terrible that day , i was in Melbourne for the game.

Won't be going to the subiaco shithole for this one, our last game here and good riddance !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:28 am 
Harry Vallence

We play simmo on kennedy and leave no doubt, who wins the coleman medal. ..

That would make the Essendon* scum and cocky daniher squirm! !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:25 am 
Craig Bradley

grrofunger wrote:

You can say that again. I was pretty keen for him to get a go. But he was very, very disappointing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:40 pm 
Robert Walls

IN: Jaksch
OUT: Smedts

Smedts had 5 touches. I like him as a player, but he just doesn't impact games. Jaksch to play as the deep target - if he gets 5 touches at least they're likely to be scoring opportunities.

Casboult, Fisher and Pickett also had sub-10 disposal games, but Casboult has structural importance and Pickett had a 'good' game (even if he barely touched it). Fisher might need a rest as he hasn't really had much impact since his first game, but for his long-term development senior games are probably a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:03 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluechampion wrote:

Smedts had 5 touches. I like him as a player, but he just doesn't impact games. Jaksch to play as the deep target - if he gets 5 touches at least they're likely to be scoring opportunities.

Casboult, Fisher and Pickett also had sub-10 disposal games, but Casboult has structural importance and Pickett had a 'good' game (even if he barely touched it). Fisher might need a rest as he hasn't really had much impact since his first game, but for his long-term development senior games are probably a good idea.

Smedts had a lot of tackles as well.
I'd like to see him get another game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:15 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Big ground, dry conditions, everything in place for a fast, run and carry game.

Pity we don't play that way.

Here's the plan. We fly over early, have a great preparation, let WCE get out to a five goal lead in the first quarter when they take us by surprise and run it through the corridor from half back. We then play chippy chippy footy and turn what could be a fast, free flowing spectacle into a low scoring, boring slugfest. We claw our way back into the game with over possessive footy, never using the speed we have in the team for anything other than to get a few htb decisions for running down their runners. WCE finish off the game and win by twenty points They score seventy five we score just under fifty.

TC blame Levi for missing a goal with three minutes to go and we get ready for the following week.

You've lost your way BS.
Ive known you and your opinions since around 2002.
We care from the same genre and we've always held similar beliefs.
You were one who stuck up for all things Blue.
You could identify the flickers of life where others couldn't.
The class of Houlihan was one of those who were the much needed outside players we needed who could deliver.

During the Mathouse disaster you hated his boring game plan along the boundary and his no B plan.
Like most Bluebaggers, you, but more importantly, even our Executive gave in to the need to rebuild the club properly.

The process to find a new coach Tick
The signs from the get go first few BB games in the NAB cup vs Hawks and Swans Tick.
We need to turnover the list aggressively and go young. Tick
We expected floggings but despite the youthful profile of our team we didn't/ haven't been copping 100 point hidings we wree accuctomed to under Pagan, Ratts and Malhouse. Tick

We couldn't defend for the previous 13 years.
We'd get into a shoot out with cracking speed from the Amigos and Judd and his No 1 draftees, and a beacon target called Fevola.
We won spoons, but we rose to 5th or 6th then fell. We didn't get far, because Ratten didn't have a defensive mindset for the pure defensive beasts like Swans and Eagles closed us down as did the Bombers that day they unleashed their drugged up team of thugs.

Open running games must also be complimented by a dependable defensive midset.
BB tried to get our team to play a faster line breaking game in the early rounds, and you and blind Freddy could see we were not ready for that and had to resort to what we could do...and you know what we have won games and got close too. 11 games all up which gave us happiness and bitterness, but we put up a fight.

One Boekhurst running on the outside doesn't make a game plan. Surely you get that. I know he can run and bounce, but he needs to show more, and we need players in front of him to take advantage of his 5-10 runs along the wing.

IMO BB is a scapegoat for you and a couple of others.
We don't have the neck speed across the board to conjur up a game plan to exploit that.
We are obviously building a team from defense: Weiters, Marchy and Plow.
We recruited tall forwards to develop McKay, Curnow, Silvagni.
We know what comes next and we've heard it from BBs lips.
He isn't denying we need midfield depth and outside speed.
He knows that, we know that, you know that.

We haven't got the cattle to play the game you are looking for.
The game evolves and you get ugly games and pretty games.
I still think the 2005 and 6 GFs between Swans and Eagles were 2 of the toughest and best Gfs ive seen.

We are in th midst of a rebuild and we are developing and mate, after we have the list sorted please give the kids a chance to physically grow too.
It will take a couple more years, but at least we are getting there.

You've got to look for green shoots and respect what BB is trying to do whether its your style or not.
They are kids. They are not full grown bodies like Crows, or drugged up beasts like the brave Bombers.
Remember where we've come from
Remember what we have improved.
Remember what we are developing.
Remember what we need to go out and get over the next 2 years.
Give us a break.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

Smedts had a lot of tackles as well.
I'd like to see him get another game.

Work rate was definitely there but if a few of Byrne, Williamson, Cuningham are available he's an obvious out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Here's the plan. We fly over early, have a great preparation, let WCE get out to a five goal lead in the first quarter when they take us by surprise and run it through the corridor from half back. We then play chippy chippy footy and turn what could be a fast, free flowing spectacle into a low scoring, boring slugfest. We claw our way back into the game with over possessive footy, never using the speed we have in the team for anything other than to get a few htb decisions for running down their runners. WCE finish off the game and win by twenty points They score seventy five we score just under fifty.

TC blame Levi for missing a goal with three minutes to go and we get ready for the following week.

You've lost your way BS.
Ive known you and your opinions since around 2002.
We care from the same genre and we've always held similar beliefs.
You were one who stuck up for all things Blue.
You could identify the flickers of life where others couldn't.
The class of Houlihan was one of those who were the much needed outside players we needed who could deliver.

During the Mathouse disaster you hated his boring game plan along the boundary and his no B plan.
Like most Bluebaggers, you, but more importantly, even our Executive gave in to the need to rebuild the club properly.

The process to find a new coach Tick
The signs from the get go first few BB games in the NAB cup vs Hawks and Swans Tick.
We need to turnover the list aggressively and go young. Tick
We expected floggings but despite the youthful profile of our team we didn't/ haven't been copping 100 point hidings we wree accuctomed to under Pagan, Ratts and Malhouse. Tick

We couldn't defend for the previous 13 years.
We'd get into a shoot out with cracking speed from the Amigos and Judd and his No 1 draftees, and a beacon target called Fevola.
We won spoons, but we rose to 5th or 6th then fell. We didn't get far, because Ratten didn't have a defensive mindset for the pure defensive beasts like Swans and Eagles closed us down as did the Bombers that day they unleashed their drugged up team of thugs.

Open running games must also be complimented by a dependable defensive midset.
BB tried to get our team to play a faster line breaking game in the early rounds, and you and blind Freddy could see we were not ready for that and had to resort to what we could do...and you know what we have won games and got close too. 11 games all up which gave us happiness and bitterness, but we put up a fight.

One Boekhurst running on the outside doesn't make a game plan. Surely you get that. I know he can run and bounce, but he needs to show more, and we need players in front of him to take advantage of his 5-10 runs along the wing.

IMO BB is a scapegoat for you and a couple of others.
We don't have the neck speed across the board to conjur up a game plan to exploit that.
We are obviously building a team from defense: Weiters, Marchy and Plow.
We recruited tall forwards to develop McKay, Curnow, Silvagni.
We know what comes next and we've heard it from BBs lips.
He isn't denying we need midfield depth and outside speed.
He knows that, we know that, you know that.

We haven't got the cattle to play the game you are looking for.
The game evolves and you get ugly games and pretty games.
I still think the 2005 and 6 GFs between Swans and Eagles were 2 of the toughest and best Gfs ive seen.

We are in th midst of a rebuild and we are developing and mate, after we have the list sorted please give the kids a chance to physically grow too.
It will take a couple more years, but at least we are getting there.

You've got to look for green shoots and respect what BB is trying to do whether its your style or not.
They are kids. They are not full grown bodies like Crows, or drugged up beasts like the brave Bombers.
Remember where we've come from
Remember what we have improved.
Remember what we are developing.
Remember what we need to go out and get over the next 2 years.
Give us a break.

Absolutely well said BB.
Get the foundations of the rebuild right, the strength will be there for years..

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:

Early forecast is rain/showers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Sombrero wrote:

The only issue with our game recently is we half to be reminded what it is sometime during the first 1/4 .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:40 pm 
Bruce Comben

I like BB's point that when we faced Geelong they had a near full strength side except for Menzel. Go to the next week and they have to replace Cockatoo, Danger...etc with some youth and you can see what happens to them against the Swans. We have those bodies all year and right across the park. Patience is required.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:43 pm 
Robert Walls

grrofunger wrote:

Won't be going to the subiaco shithole for this one, our last game here and good riddance !

Most players have terrible days, even 'really terrible' days

Only difference is that most players aren't judged on 1 f##$% game

And can someone correct me here...did I hear that he played with a broken rib(s) that day?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:43 pm 
Bruce Comben

P.s where is Navyblue95 lately with his Carlton only highlights I looked forward to those each week as I can't get to see most games live

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thommo wrote:
P.s where is Navyblue95 lately with his Carlton only highlights I looked forward to those each week as I can't get to see most games live

I'm missing the Carlton only highlights too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:44 pm 
Wayne Johnston

nck wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Subiaco is 15m longer than the mcg. 20m Narrower.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:55 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

club29 wrote:
nck wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Subiaco is 15m longer than the mcg. 20m Narrower.

Made for KJ getting a few out the back on the slingshot :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Will be KJ's night Rexy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Will be JK's night Rexy.

fixed

Kennedy to kick 10

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next