Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

Heppell 10
McDonald-Tipungwuti 6
Kreuzer 4
Zaharakis 4
B Goddard 2
L Jones 2
M Murphy 2

Marc Murphy has polled coaches votes in 13 games this season - the most of any player along with Dangerfield, Ryder and Dustin Martin.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

TIPPING

@#$%&!

WOODY

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:28 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rod Waddell wrote:
Plenty of discussion around Levi/Simmo/Murphy. Their games were probably not as bad as discussed nor as good. Agree mistakes are made by many throughout the course of the game but it's the ones in the last qtr that linger.

The moments that stood out for me involved 2 of our youngest players:

SOJ 3rd qtr OOF and the behind in the last. His set shots are not at the level we would like. Is it technique or fatigue?

Weiters struggled one on one against Hooker in the last. Hope he becomes better at the physical element of the game.

Finally l hope Simmo does go around again and reaches his 300. Perhaps a different role or position for the wily one could be found

For Silvagni it's fatigue : he runs his guts out all day. He'll be nailing those as ge matures physically.
Weiters will get better at that as he matures too: he would have spent a lot of his life backing his judgement and superiority so he's just learning to play on grown ups.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BigGartos wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
Plenty of discussion around Levi/Simmo/Murphy. Their games were probably not as bad as discussed nor as good. Agree mistakes are made by many throughout the course of the game but it's the ones in the last qtr that linger.

SOJ 3rd qtr OOF and the behind in the last. His set shots are not at the level we would like. Is it technique or fatigue?

Weiters struggled one on one against Hooker in the last. Hope he becomes better at the physical element of the game.

Finally l hope Simmo does go around again and reaches his 300. Perhaps a different role or position for the wily one could be found

For Silvagni it's fatigue :

He misses early in games, early in quarters. I think its too simple to say its fatigue. His technique is flawed. Nowhere near the level of Casboults but he needs to address it over the pre-season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Tony Lockett the best set shot I've seen. Just does it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFkNruKMENs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 pm 
Robert Walls

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

Heppell 10
McDonald-Tipungwuti 6
Kreuzer 4
Zaharakis 4
B Goddard 2
L Jones 2
M Murphy 2

Marc Murphy has polled coaches votes in 13 games this season - the most of any player along with Dangerfield, Ryder and Dustin Martin.

Matty Kreuzer. Just love the big fella. Best 2nd effort big man in the game by a fair margin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:

For Silvagni it's fatigue :

He misses early in games, early in quarters. I think its too simple to say its fatigue. His technique is flawed. Nowhere near the level of Casboults but he needs to address it over the pre-season.

His kicking for goal technique at VFL and TAC level looked very good (certainly better than his old man) I'm at a loss as to why he's struggling with it at AFL level.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 am 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
Bloody Carlton medical reports again?

https://twitter.com/heraldsunsport/stat ... 4673051648

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:27 am 
Bruce Doull

:garthp:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:30 am 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:

https://twitter.com/JYM40/status/894700983090991104

Yes who cares that Cripps had a crack in the jaw or that Lamb was knocked out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:44 am 
Robert Walls

it's simple - if players stop their sniping and off the ball dog acts there's no need for medical reports......

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

no no no , it's all our fault !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

https://twitter.com/JYM40/status/894700983090991104

Yes who cares that Cripps had a crack in the jaw or that Lamb was knocked out.

And clear video of the incident.

Where was the uproar when North's medical report crucified C Judd.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:34 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Crippa wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
SackedByMack wrote:
I might be in the minority here but I actually saw a few encouraging signs from Boek. I recall a few instances of little 1%ers but the main one that stood out was one occasion where an Essendon**** player (possibly Hooker on one of his 15 shots at goal in the last) had the ball on the 50 after a mark and was looking to handball off to Daniher, however BB was smart enough to recognize it and block Joe's run and it never eventuated. Nothing huge but I really value things like that when the game is on the line.

I think he shows something as well.
Unfortunately for him, we are not playing the style of footy that suits his speed.
Also, he looks like Freddy Mercury.
That has to be a minus.

I agree that was good from him but it's too little from a player in his third season. A declining game talley of 11, 7 and 4 isn't the trend of an improving player. Don't forget he was a mature aged rookie to start with I think.

I've said it before so sorry if I am being a bit of a broken record but he just gets pushed off the ball so easily / buffeted out of the contest.

14 possessions.
Only 2 contested.
Zero clearances.
Even if his role as an outside runner doesn't require clearances and contested work, his disposal efficiency of just 50% on the outside in his uncontested possessions wasn't good.

His 5 tackles were a sign of his effort on the positive side.

As I said in an earlier post however it was a great game with great signs from many and I am very happy with the effort and direction of our boys and our coaches.

GO BLUES!

Whilst I partially agree, you can't expect the kid to gain consistency and confidence when he gets axed after two games and sent back to the 2s. The season is shot, leave him in for the rest of the year and see what you've got with him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

scottopee wrote:
Crippa wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
Was Murph always such a butcher of the ball ?
I can't seem to recall him being this bad earlier in his career.

Went at 78% today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

32 disposals. 20 handballs. 12 kicks. 4 clangers. I can think of 3 shocking clangers by foot and if the fourth was also by foot then he went roughly 65% by foot.

17 contested possessions
8 clearances!
4 tackles

These are all really good stats so overall he probably had a good game but I remember getting really annoyed at some poor decisions, poor kicks and a bunch of nothing kicks that hit the target but didn't improve our field position. Even his effective possessions are rarely damaging possessions. He's a warrior. He's all heart. But his impact has fallen since the first handful of games this season.

Yet he'll win the B&F

Yep good call!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

Daniher wins MOY. Beats Howe????

Could not have picked that. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Puke. So obviously wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

And yet you knew it would happen.
Same with Rioli beating Eddie and Lance. Rioli's was 3rd best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

I thought Grundy's was the best mark out of the 3 myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7