Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
Are we calling to sakc the coach and board again yet or are the rational still in the majority?

Gonna be a dirty end to the season but who cares? We know where we are at, our best 22 is pretty good and our injuries have shown our depth is still pretty poor. We've unearthed a lot of 10 year potential both forward and back which will take a couple of years to really flourish. We desperately need to bolster the midfield now, which we can do over the next two drafts at which point the rebuild is complete, mids forward and back are all solid and developed along with some decent depth.

Looks to me like we're tracking nicely; don't get too high or too low. Lots to like this season and the inevitable end-of-season beltings won't detract from that for me.

Rational. I think you're right.

Cunners, SPS, Fish in the midfield a really young, undeveloped, raw and skinny. But geez they have a go against more seasoned players. No fear.

More Midfielders for the next 2 drafts and that will be the end of wholesale change.

There were plenty of good signs I saw on Saturday.

Docherty, Charlie, Cripps, Weiters will be AA's one day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Scotty12000 wrote:
Are we calling to sakc the coach and board again yet or are the rational still in the majority?

Gonna be a dirty end to the season but who cares? We know where we are at, our best 22 is pretty good and our injuries have shown our depth is still pretty poor. We've unearthed a lot of 10 year potential both forward and back which will take a couple of years to really flourish. We desperately need to bolster the midfield now, which we can do over the next two drafts at which point the rebuild is complete, mids forward and back are all solid and developed along with some decent depth.

Looks to me like we're tracking nicely; don't get too high or too low. Lots to like this season and the inevitable end-of-season beltings won't detract from that for me.

Good post :clap: :clap:
Just need to bolster our midfield over the next two drafts - pity we don't have a 2nd rounder this year (Marchbank was well worth it however) and hopefully we don't have to use our 1st rounder next year on Ben Silvagni.
Somewhere along the line we will need to recruit another ruckman as well - it would be great if we could get a bargain basement pickup like Richmond did with Nankervis.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:39 pm 
Bruce Comben

bondiblue wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:

Rational. I think you're right.

Cunners, SPS, Fish in the midfield a really young, undeveloped, raw and skinny. But geez they have a go against more seasoned players. No fear.

More Midfielders for the next 2 drafts and that will be the end of wholesale change.

There were plenty of good signs I saw on Saturday.

Docherty, Charlie, Cripps, Weiters will be AA's one day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:40 pm 
Bruce Comben

Weitering our new Luke livingstone.. doesnt like the physical contact

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:41 pm 
Bruce Comben

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

harmsey wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

harmsey wrote:
It was a shit post the first time. I don't think you really improved it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

moshe25 wrote:
harmsey wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:45 pm 
Bruce Comben

moshe25 wrote:
harmsey wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:50 pm 
Bruce Comben

well enlighten me Mr Moshe what impresses you about weitering thus far apart he was no1 draft pick.... lots of of No 1s at Carlton mate..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Jacob was pretty impressive in his first few games for the club. Things slowly declined after the shoulder injury against the Dons last year. Has had a few good stints up forward.

I'd like to see him become a forward . He will be a gun defender once he gets his body right but teams are landing gun defenders late in the draft.
The way he shifted Rance around in marking contests round 1 this year showed his strength. At the moment he is getting moved around himself by skinny forward pockets but im guessing that has more to do with his injuries. If i was to guess id say sore groin or plantar fasciitis holding him back. Shoulders look knackered also.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

I agree with moshe we are now hopping into 19 year old key position players in their second season

Got to be patient I think he will be very good

Has second year blues not unexceptional for a young key position player in a team that doesn't have many experienced key position players to protect the younger ones

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

harmsey wrote:

No one likes getting smashed. No one.

Weiters, if you care to remember has been injured since the heavy corkies he copped in round 1and round 2, and every game he puts himself in harmsey's way...I mean harms way. He didn't cop hits because he was scared to be in the line of fire. He didn't go off for the rest of the game. He went off and returned, and he's done so every week since.

He is enduring and learning to endure.

He continues to put himself in precarious spots and he continues to front every week.

I don't see him complaining or shirking anything.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

bondiblue wrote:
harmsey wrote:

No one likes getting smashed. No one.

Weiters, if you care to remember has been injured since the heavy corkies he copped in round 1and round 2, and every game he puts himself in harmsey's way...I mean harms way. He didn't cop hits because he was scared to be in the line of fire. He didn't go off for the rest of the game. He went off and returned, and he's done so every week since.

He is enduring and learning to endure.

He continues to put himself in precarious spots and he continues to front every week.

I don't see him complaining or shirking anything.

this

he's not as physically/mentally mature as perhaps we thought he might be, so it's a big tick for him that he's grinding out games under adversity

kid's got guts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:41 pm 
Horrie Clover

I'm tipping Weitering has been playing injured for some time...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:45 pm 
Wayne Johnston

pinnell wrote:

As has Murphy, but not many here allow that as any sort of excuse.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:22 pm 
John Nicholls

sinbagger wrote:
pinnell wrote:

As has Murphy, but not many here allow that as any sort of excuse.....

The query on Murphy's fitness/injury has been noted for some time. I suspect he is playing injured as are many players at this time of year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Murphy's shoulder looks stuffed again. I think it partially explains his reluctance to tackle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stefchook wrote:
Murphy's shoulder looks stuffed again. I think it partially explains his reluctance to tackle.

It looks that way.

Whilst his shoulders may be gone, I still feel he could/should do more line breaking with his leg speed.

I don't know how Pressure Acts are measured.
39 Pressure acts are good, but did they lead to us winning the ball.
Did those pressure acts get other Carlton players involved in the game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:10 am 
Harry Vallence

PROS

Wasn't a great game by Murph but under siege he did get plenty of contested ball and clearances which he hasn't been getting the last few weeks.
Samo is coming along very nicely.
Casboult got some reward on the scoreboard.
Charlie has a real presence in the air. The best thing is he can not only take pack marks but is also mobile around the ground.
McKay showed a couple of glimpses. But he needs to put more effort into getting a better position in marking contests instead of jumping from a standing start.

CONS

Thought Jones had a shocker. Yep agree the midfield didn't help him but Jones just didn't want to play tight on Hawkins letting him go numerous times.
White! Did anyone see what happened to him when he went to ground then got up hunched over like he had been hit while his opponent ran into the forward 50 by himself? The trainers come out and he waived them away while limping around on nobody for a good couple of minutes. Get off the ground FFS!!
Gibbs went missing for the first 3/4 quarters.
Not many green shoots from the kids this week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next