Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:30 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Crippa wrote:
club29 wrote:
Prefer the Swans and Dogs model. We are wasting a position on Casboult for 5% rucking a 2 or 3 contested possessions(marks). Then you have to deduct his blunders.
It doesn't have to be this way. Especially when it's a formula that has failed to bring us wins.

Yeah and we can do without all those goals he's kicked as the teams leading goal kicker too. Who needs your leading goal kicker in a side that averages equal lowest number of goals a game! :banghead:

Especially with so many better options killing it in the seconds.

If a different formula created 50 goals a year and stopped 20 the other way would that change your mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:36 pm 
Bob Chitty

club29 wrote:
Crippa wrote:
club29 wrote:
Prefer the Swans and Dogs model. We are wasting a position on Casboult for 5% rucking a 2 or 3 contested possessions(marks). Then you have to deduct his blunders.
It doesn't have to be this way. Especially when it's a formula that has failed to bring us wins.

Yeah and we can do without all those goals he's kicked as the teams leading goal kicker too. Who needs your leading goal kicker in a side that averages equal lowest number of goals a game! :banghead:

Especially with so many better options killing it in the seconds.

If a different formula created 50 goals a year and stopped 20 the other way would that change your mind.

Yes it would. But having admitted that, I trust Bolts (and Craig and Barker) to implement the best formula for our current list rather than try Sydney's.

Im also very happy with our defence this season. Especially with Rowe, ASOS and Marchbank out for big chunks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

Clayman wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
club29 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
The one thing confirmed from this game.
Rhys Mathieson is a weak cheating @#$%&! dog.

He is good at what he does. Even his facial expressions fit. He will probably finish up with a house from football.
Makes us good hard working folk feel a bit down to be honest.

He's a disgrace. Look at the first free kick. Cunningham had both arms below his armpits and he still threw his head back and squealed like a pig.
He's nothing more than a cheat.

I agree BV but the commentators thinking it was genius by Rhys frustrated me more.

Think I heard Derm talking him up for it, like it was a skill or good trait. FFS!
Had heard he was a tosser and free kick milker but geez, that was some performance. Especially the first one he goaled from.
Even Weiters wanted to give him one.
Flog of the highest order.
Brions never bothered me too much but developing quite a dislike for them, especially after our boys let them run amok in the first half.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

club29 wrote:

Swans and Dogs model?? Callum Sinclair and usually Tom Boyd?? The same model we play.............. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kennyhunter wrote:
Clayman wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
club29 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
The one thing confirmed from this game.
Rhys Mathieson is a weak cheating @#$%&! dog.

He is good at what he does. Even his facial expressions fit. He will probably finish up with a house from football.
Makes us good hard working folk feel a bit down to be honest.

He's a disgrace. Look at the first free kick. Cunningham had both arms below his armpits and he still threw his head back and squealed like a pig.
He's nothing more than a cheat.

I agree BV but the commentators thinking it was genius by Rhys frustrated me more.

Think I heard Derm talking him up for it, like it was a skill or good trait. FFS!
Had heard he was a tosser and free kick milker but geez, that was some performance. Especially the first one he goaled from.
Even Weiters wanted to give him one.
Flog of the highest order.
Brions never bothered me too much but developing quite a dislike for them, especially after our boys let them run amok in the first half.

When you keep finishing on the lower reaches of the ladder for long enough you'll end up with quite a dislike for 17 other clubs.

:razz: :wink: :lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:02 pm 
Geoff Southby

Knew we were going to lose, but thr uncompetitive first half was just disgraceful.
Thought we were past performances like that, particularly against sides we should beat.
The delivery into 50 was embarrassing, particularly by the likes of Simmo and Murph.
Can't see us winning another game.
Roll out the tank.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

Take whatever FA pick we can get for Casboult and run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Before the game I didn't want to be 40 points down before we started our come back.... Got my wish... We were 50 points down...
Shocking play, shocking coaching.
We were run to the wings and opened up through the corridor.... Standard Essendon* play as well.....
Frustrating part is that we did nothing about it for a half... Even after that we didn't switch play, and still kicked long to out numbered contests....

Our structure was used against us FAR too easily... I fear for the remaining games if we are going to play that dumb

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

Man, we need a forward line.

We have nobody that our midfield can look forward to kicking it to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

From 2016. I see nothing has changed..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cazzesman wrote:
Rhys Mathieson was fast becoming a laughing stock in the TAC the way he played for every free kick at every contest. I see they haven't knocked it out of him up north.

In his 1st 4 contests he immediately went in a Crocodile like 'death roll' to win 3 free kicks. He got a standing ovation from Kevin Bartlett and the upcoming Oscars are looking a shoe in.

He better get some new stic', because although at the moment he is making Leroy Jetta and Angus Monfries look like chop liver in the faking it stakes, the Umpires will soon tire of his antics.

Sad that his Coaches haven't put a stop to it. He was told enough times in 2015 to cut it out.

Regards Cazzesman

He goes better than an Italian soccer player looking for a free kick. :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

mikeychook wrote:
Man, we need a forward line.

We have nobody that our midfield can look forward to kicking it to.

What midfield?

Forward line has the makings with Curnow and McKay.
We need quality midfielders pronto.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

missnaut wrote:
I am sick of losing to this bunch of spuds

I am sick of losing full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

God I miss the old days when Wayne Johnstone, Rhys Jones or Greg Williams could just knock Matheson out for that sort of cheating! Not a great day to be a blues fan, I actually thought at half time, please not another honorable loss.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Really hard to fathom what the hell happened despite thinking all week we would get beat.

As someone posted earlier in this thread perhaps the Lions are underrated. This is probably true as in the month of July they have been smashed once by Geelong, beat bombers coming back from 5 goals down in the last and lost to Tigers by 5 goals.

What they have are hardened running midfielders who love it tough - Zorko, Beams, Rockliff - and they get up each and every time against us.

Posters are querying why Zorko wasn't tagged. Well Bolts ran a few on him but they couldn't get the job done. Perhaps he could have handed this role to Armfield with the simple edict to sacrifice his game (yes Denis does have a game style) and niggle, harass Zorko at every opportunity ala what Rockliff did to Gibbs. Just on that, why didn't Bolts drag Gibbs to the forward line to try and break the tag and mix it up a bit? Felt that the coaching was stagnant allowing the Lions to dictate terms in the 1st half.

The attitude/intensity in the 1st half was deplorable. Who takes responsibility for this? The players? Bolts? Both?

Lions have 2 winnable games at home: Suns & Roos. On current form the Roos may pip us to the wooden spoon....it will be a close run race!

Either way we should be making a submission for a compo pick just like the Lions who got one last year at the end of Rd1. The pertinent points:

1. Lions got one last year and yet they have beaten us 5 out of the last 6 games
2. Since 2016 we have have finished last 4 out of the last 15 seasons (with potentially another on its way) and the Lions zero
3. Our last 4 years : 2014 (13th); 2015 (18th); 2016 (14th); 2017 (currently 16th)
4. Membership has stalled. We struggle to reach 50,000 members
5. Financial position is not strong

Over to you Triggy and please do not allocate this responsibility to the Vet!!

Enjoyed Harry's 1st game.

Have been patient with Levi throughout his career but for goodness sakes when will he kick more than 1-2 goals in a game? Lions defence is not great and l expected him to kick at least 3 goals minimum today and ragdoll a few. The footy dept will decide where he ends up in 2018.

Finally scratching my head trying to understand why the MC select Graham. He doesn't bring much to the table. What are his strengths?

Outs for next week: Graham and Thomas and the ins l'm not so sure about. Perhaps Billy up against his old team and raffle the last spot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

showbag wrote:
Take whatever FA pick we can get for Casboult and run.

After we apply and get knocked back for a priority pick maybe the AFL will give us a "Frawley" compo pick.
But then again we are Carlton so wont happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:50 pm 
Wayne Johnston

scottopee wrote:
club29 wrote:

Swans and Dogs model?? Callum Sinclair and usually Tom Boyd?? The same model we play.............. :roll:

You haven't been watching the Swans . They have moved from Parker to Towers (188cm) for second ruck.

Dogs are just throwing anyone in there. Bont mainly. Redpath occasionally if the stoppage is forward.

Hawks use Tim Obrien.

Melbourne let Tom Mcdonald contest a couple forward but run with Gawn all game.

Who played second ruck for Brisbane today?

Crows use Jenkins in a ruck/forward model that similar to ours but he is far more nimble and effective that Casboult.

All i am saying that we shouldn't keep Casboult because he can also play second ruck. We can easily cover that ruckwork with a little tweaking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

One passage of play which highlighted a lot to me, was a mark Casboult took around deep half back. Then found Harry McKay with a kick on the wing. Next thing you find is that Cas marks the ball at half forward and goes back and kicks long....yep Harry Mac - marks. It just highlighted how hard they both worked and how good it was to have to genuine KP forward working together. Throw in Charlie and SOJ .... and well I can't wait to see them all forward to be honest with a Pickett and Fisher roving. Just wish we would have a stay home KP forward all the time like Geelong do!
Speaking of Fisher, the amount of work he does without the footy is magnificent. Can't wait until he get's his offensive goal kicking game going, which he will.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

club29 wrote:
scottopee wrote:
club29 wrote:

You haven't been watching the Swans . They have moved from Parker to Towers (188cm) for second ruck.

Dogs are just throwing anyone in there. Bont mainly. Redpath occasionally if the stoppage is forward.

Hawks use Tim Obrien.

Crows use Jenkins in a ruck/forward model that similar to ours but he is far more nimble and effective that Casboult.

All i am saying that we shouldn't keep Casboult because he can also play second ruck. We can easily cover that ruckwork with a little tweaking.

I see you have seen one Swans game for the year?? Sinclair hitouts for year 224 Towers 4 :roll:

Ive got money on the Swans from 4weeks ago to make the top 4 and win the flag so I have watched plenty of Swans games :wink:

Dogs are throwing anyone in because Boyd is out but has done it for most of the year.

We haven't got anyone apart from McKay to play forward/ruck its to early for him. Casboult will see out the year as our ruck/forward. If we get decent compo if he goes at the end of the year well fine. Phillips was praised last year on here and did half as much as Casboult do you want to go back to that?? :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:01 am 
Harry Vallence

scottopee wrote:
club29 wrote:
scottopee wrote:
club29 wrote:

Hawks use Tim Obrien.

I see you have seen one Swans game for the year?? Sinclair hitouts for year 224 Towers 4 :roll:

Ive got money on the Swans from 4weeks ago to make the top 4 and win the flag so I have watched plenty of Swans games :wink:

Dogs are throwing anyone in because Boyd is out but has done it for most of the year.

We haven't got anyone apart from McKay to play forward/ruck its to early for him. Casboult will see out the year as our ruck/forward. If we get decent compo if he goes at the end of the year well fine. Phillips was praised last year on here and did half as much as Casboult do you want to go back to that?? :banghead:

Next year I'd like to try Jones as relief ruck
Jones rotates, back and into ruck.
Most times it would be with his opponent.

Leave Harry, Charlie, SOS forward
Asos Marchbank Weitering Plowman Byrne Williamson backs
Kreuzer and Jones
Leaves 10 mids/ smalls
Much more flexibility and run.
More midfield rotations means our guys won't be so knackered.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 am 
Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
That was plain bloody lazy and undid all our good work this year. I want strips torn off them at the post match meeting.

Agree with this actually - just a complete joke of an effort.

I'll be embarrassed if we get pick 1 or a compo pick. We really don't deserve either

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next