Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Good fight back in the 2nd half, but reality is shouldn't have been in that position in the first place!!!
I don't like losing - period - and patience I will have, but to play against the bottom sides the way we do (twice Brisbane have done this to us) is pathetic, young side or not.

Curnow is one of the only reasons why you would watch Carlton at the moment, the others show glimpses, but are stagnating after a long season.

Pick 1 or 2 in the box seat we are (channeling yoda)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Effes wrote:
Harry's four marks inside 50 equalled the most Casboult has taken I50 in a game this year.

Levi takes most of his outside 50 at half forward or on the ball. Can only be a good thing that as he's a long way from goal. Would be happy with McKay and Charlie hold the key posts and let Levi focus on helping Kreuzer. There we have two blokes that ruck that contribute around the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:31 pm 
Bob Chitty

For you to something like that BV means it's true.

You are always measured with your comments.

That's good enough for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:34 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

jim wrote:
Effes wrote:
Harry's four marks inside 50 equalled the most Casboult has taken I50 in a game this year.

Levi takes most of his outside 50 at half forward or on the ball. Can only be a good thing that as he's a long way from goal. Would be happy with McKay and Charlie hold the key posts and let Levi focus on helping Kreuzer. There we have two blokes that ruck that contribute around the ground.

you can't have a bloke in the side only for 5% ruck time... and ordinary ruck time at that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:43 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:
Effes wrote:

you can't have a bloke in the side only for 5% ruck time... and ordinary ruck time at that

Good thing then that he's our leading goal kicker and has the best hands in the league to give us countless link up targets up and down the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:45 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:
Effes wrote:

Good thing then that he's our leading goal kicker and has the best hands in the league to give us countless link up targets up and down the ground.

McKay outperformed him in his 1st game with far less game time

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:
Effes wrote:

Probably a bit more than that. He's taken alot of marks for someone in the ruck 5% of the time. Not interested in ruck taps interested in his marking and contesting. That has been good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rexy wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:
Effes wrote:

How would he have gone without Levi taking a defender away from him and providing us with another tall option?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rexy wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:
Effes wrote:

Simple thinking in the extreme to use one game. Casboult has had a good year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

club29 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
The one thing confirmed from this game.
Rhys Mathieson is a weak cheating @#$%&! dog.

He is good at what he does. Even his facial expressions fit. He will probably finish up with a house from football.
Makes us good hard working folk feel a bit down to be honest.

He's a disgrace. Look at the first free kick. Cunningham had both arms below his armpits and he still threw his head back and squealed like a pig.
He's nothing more than a cheat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:00 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue Vain wrote:
club29 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

He is good at what he does. Even his facial expressions fit. He will probably finish up with a house from football.

He's a disgrace. Look at the first free kick. Cunningham had both arms below his armpits and he still threw his head back and squealed like a pig.

Hear hear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

He has a good mentor at the Lions (see attachment).

Attachments:
Christensen.jpg
Christensen.jpg [ 154.85 KiB | Viewed 2359 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
club29 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

I agree BV but the commentators thinking it was genius by Rhys frustrated me more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:02 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
club29 wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

it's sickening that coaches, umpires and the AFL football management accept this garbage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Prefer the Swans and Dogs model. We are wasting a position on Casboult for 5% rucking a 2 or 3 contested possessions(marks). Then you have to deduct his blunders.
It doesn't have to be this way. Especially when it's a formula that has failed to bring us wins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:08 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Effes wrote:
He has a good mentor at the Lions (see attachment).
Well we fixed him. Now to bring Andy Walker back for one game next year to fix Mathieson too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Last edited by moshe25 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I wonder what odds would've been on offer that McKay got more possessions than Gibbs?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:19 pm 
Bob Chitty

club29 wrote:
Prefer the Swans and Dogs model. We are wasting a position on Casboult for 5% rucking a 2 or 3 contested possessions(marks). Then you have to deduct his blunders.
It doesn't have to be this way. Especially when it's a formula that has failed to bring us wins.

Yeah and we can do without all those goals he's kicked as the teams leading goal kicker too. Who needs your leading goal kicker in a side that averages equal lowest number of goals a game! :banghead:

Especially with so many better options killing it in the seconds.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
A pathetic effort first half all of them
Very ordinary effort and coach should give them all a bake
Yes good to play and develop kids and encouraging that they are going to be good
First half was atrocious as bad as Essendon** match last year
Really disappointed this and the north game worse losses of the year
Terrible that side cannot even give a yelp in the first half
Delivery or work in forward line is terrible
Casboult was as bad as everyone else not sure why anyone is lauding his game
Simpson docherty gibbs Murphy casboult Thomas all very ordinary
Why can't we get the side to play well against crap sides
Third time we don't even give a yelp against bottom sides
Time for team to grow up and dig in when things are not going right

We got to within 11 points in the last, doesn't that address your last point?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

I am sick of losing to this bunch of spuds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next