Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:36 pm 
Wayne Johnston

jim wrote:
sticks wrote:
Consider Casboult gone at the end of the year. My opinion is Carlton is building up Casboult's trade value and will be traded to Richmond for a late 1st round pick. Or we don't match a rival clubs offer and get a compo pick. Either way, it will be good to see him go. He's a dumb footballer with no skills other than marking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's an unrestricted free agent. They'll be no trading.

If Richmond lose Dusty and don't want to dilute their compo would Richmond prefer to trade for Casboult?

I doubt we would get a first rounder either way though. Late second more likely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

club29 wrote:
jim wrote:
sticks wrote:
Consider Casboult gone at the end of the year. My opinion is Carlton is building up Casboult's trade value and will be traded to Richmond for a late 1st round pick. Or we don't match a rival clubs offer and get a compo pick. Either way, it will be good to see him go. He's a dumb footballer with no skills other than marking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's an unrestricted free agent. They'll be no trading.

If Richmond lose Dusty and don't want to dilute their compo would Richmond prefer to trade for Casboult?

I doubt we would get a first rounder either way though. Late second more likely.
Are they trading Rookie picks now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Very true.......

lucky we can offset that by using our Henderson pick...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

We can't possibly carry the Hendo pick pun into the trading season can we?!?!?!
At least Dick's no longer on the list.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:04 pm 
Bert Deacon

wen lions tired we got back into the game , anyside that has quick ball movement our team gets exposed so simple this has been happening for years and this bulls....t f....k long bomb into our fwd line is so predictable . we need to find mids in the draft and NOT kelly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

kennyhunter wrote:

Goodness me......

a DICK list...!

thing's escalate so quick around here...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

It's a shame we didn't get a Dick pick.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dominator_7 wrote:
trublu wrote:
Are you serious? Kerridge and Cunningham were given the roles to stop him.

I will guarantee Sam Kerridge will be dropped this week for not playing to coaches orders.

Bolt ripped Kerridge a new one at half time is what I was told and he didn't hold back.

When we had our run going and were within 11 pts, saw Doc screaming at Kerrige to pick up Rich, only for Kerrige to look at him dumbly as Rich was given the ball and bombed the goal from 55 that broke our momentum. Every man and his dog could see that Rich was lurking around and was going to be given the ball.... everyone except SK.

Rich was able to do it about 3-4 times throughout the game, Hipwood at least once. Very costly in the last quarter. I understand that fatigue sets in, but very frustrating...

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

Franc de Borges wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
trublu wrote:
Are you serious? Kerridge and Cunningham were given the roles to stop him.

I will guarantee Sam Kerridge will be dropped this week for not playing to coaches orders.

Bolt ripped Kerridge a new one at half time is what I was told and he didn't hold back.

When we had our run going and were within 11 pts, saw Doc screaming at Kerrige to pick up Rich, only for Kerrige to look at him dumbly as Rich was given the ball and bombed the goal from 55 that broke our momentum. Every man and his dog could see that Rich was lurking around and was going to be given the ball.... everyone except SK.

sticks wrote:

Agreed.. For all his good contested marking, he does too many dumb things too often. Makes sense to play him, and make noise about wanting to keep him if we want to get something decent for him.

Franc de Borges wrote:
Bolton's green shoots are turning into weeds.

Its not the kids who are letting us down.
It's the experienced guys you'd expect better from.

Aware of that.

If you are aware of that why make such a strange comment that the 'green shoots are turning into weeds'. :screwy: :screwy:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm 
Rod Ashman

tommi wrote:
kennyhunter wrote:

Goodness me......

a DICK list...!

thing's escalate so quick around here...!

kindest regards tommi

Didn't let me down Tommi ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
It's a shame we didn't get a Dick pick.

Well, to be fair we did, but we delisted him.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

:lol: :lol:

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

Interesting post from someone on Big Footy who was at the game...

"hey Everyone,
long time lurker first time poster....
Went to the game last night and the main thing that stuck out that you don't see on tv, in the forward line was the amount of times Harry or Cas would lead into a hole, only to be ignored,then to turn back towards the square to make position again but by that time the ball is kicked high on top of their head, giving them no run at it and little chance to take the mark and often to the advantage of the defender.
The players are spending way too much time thinking about a kick rather than get it in fast to leads being made... I reckon at least 7-8 times I watched leads ignored only to go high to a contest for brisbane to run the ball out or kill it across the line. Easily could have had 5-6 more goals from right in front if leads were honoured."

If he's right we need to honor those leads no matter the game plan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:

"hey Everyone,
Went to the game last night and the main thing that stuck out that you don't see on tv, in the forward line was the amount of times Harry or Cas would lead into a hole, only to be ignored,then to turn back towards the square to make position again but by that time the ball is kicked high on top of their head, giving them no run at it and little chance to take the mark and often to the advantage of the defender.
The players are spending way too much time thinking about a kick rather than get it in fast to leads being made... I reckon at least 7-8 times I watched leads ignored only to go high to a contest for brisbane to run the ball out or kill it across the line. Easily could have had 5-6 more goals from right in front if leads were honoured."

There are exceptions, but that's been a common occurrence all season...

In addition, Kreuzer often finds space and is not seen and/or ignored.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sick of Brisbane getting a hold of us two years in a row, even the year before, too. They set themselves for us knowing we are both developing sides and on a similar trajectory. Coupled with that flog Mitch Robinson's desire to physically hurt us given we gave him the boot.

If Bolts and the MC don't instruct the players to physically intimidate this rabble the next time we play them, then we deserve to stay around the bottom of the table. Sick of getting owned by the likes of Zorko the sniper and robbo the dumb footballer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 pm 
Laurie Kerr

I haven't been on this site in years. Good to see it's still up and running.

Putrid performance, absolutely no heart at all in that first quarter. We looked like a team who had utterly no intention of trying to win the game yesterday, from a playing and coaching standpoint.

Zorko flogged us. Not only was he allowed to run riot and play a huge part in the overwhelming deficit at half time, he was able to act like an arrogant flog whilst doing it. Soft as butter from everyone wearing Navy blue yesterday.

Our forward line setup was like something you'd see at an under 10s game. The fact that a first gamer looked like our most dangerous player inside 50 is embarrassing.

We had very little rebound off half back, and the few times we did get a quick rebound it was halted with a sideways or backwards kick because no one was ahead of the play or players leads were ignored.

I said it when he was appointed and I'll say it again, Marc Murphy is not a captain. When it was his turn to rally the troops, he was silent and invisible. Shithouse from a Captain of 5 years.

On a brighter note, I absolutely love Charlie Curnow. SPS showed some good signs along with Jack. There was a passage where Cunningham blasted into goal and put one through, vintage Judd. We have some good young kids, but unfortunately we are a mile off it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SackedByMack wrote:
I haven't been on this site in years. Good to see it's still up and running.

Putrid performance, absolutely no heart at all in that first quarter. We looked like a team who had utterly no intention of trying to win the game yesterday, from a playing and coaching standpoint.

Zorko flogged us. Not only was he allowed to run riot and play a huge part in the overwhelming deficit at half time, he was able to act like an arrogant flog whilst doing it. Soft as butter from everyone wearing Navy blue yesterday.

Our forward line setup was like something you'd see at an under 10s game. The fact that a first gamer looked like our most dangerous player inside 50 is embarrassing.

We had very little rebound off half back, and the few times we did get a quick rebound it was halted with a sideways or backwards kick because no one was ahead of the play or players leads were ignored.

I said it when he was appointed and I'll say it again, Marc Murphy is not a captain. When it was his turn to rally the troops, he was silent and invisible. Shithouse from a Captain of 5 years.

On a brighter note, I absolutely love Charlie Curnow. SPS showed some good signs along with Jack. There was a passage where Cunningham blasted into goal and put one through, vintage Judd. We have some good young kids, but unfortunately we are a mile off it

On yesterday's showing you are right SBM. But we've been much better than that for most of the year. We've beaten 3 of the top 8 and pushed another 2 all the way. That's not the form of a hopeless team. So we are no way miles off it.

We need an influx of class mids via the trade and draft and we sorely missed Cripps yesterday too. Our backline before the loss of Marchbank and Rowe was one of the best going around for a fair while, and we've unearthed Liam, who'll take Rowe's place now.

Without Cripps we'll struggle to win again this year. But possibly getting access to the best mid in this year's draft will be huge for us going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Really missed Gibbs too.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:

"hey Everyone,

Seriously
If you were a midfielder and you saw Casboult leading away from goal there is not a snowball chance in hell you would kick it to him.
You would wait until he doubled back to goal square with the hope that he clunked it 10 meters out.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 am 
Stephen Kernahan

He is kicking at a high percentage this year.
SPS missed a sitter
MacKay missed a sitter.
Even Cunningham, whom I rate as one of the best set shots ging around (small stat base for sure) missed a sitter.

Last week Gibbs missed a sitter.
Jack missed a sitter

Levi will always miss some but he is not Robinson Crusoe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next