Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 am 
Harry Vallence

doofdoof wrote:
mikeychook wrote:
Man, we need a forward line.

We have nobody that our midfield can look forward to kicking it to.

What midfield?

Forward line has the makings with Curnow and McKay.
We need quality midfielders pronto.

Chicken or the egg stuff that. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:01 am 
Bob Chitty

club29 wrote:
scottopee wrote:
club29 wrote:
Prefer the Swans and Dogs model. We are wasting a position on Casboult for 5% rucking a 2 or 3 contested possessions(marks). Then you have to deduct his blunders.
It doesn't have to be this way. Especially when it's a formula that has failed to bring us wins.

Swans and Dogs model?? Callum Sinclair and usually Tom Boyd?? The same model we play.............. :roll:

You haven't been watching the Swans . They have moved from Parker to Towers (188cm) for second ruck.

Dogs are just throwing anyone in there. Bont mainly. Redpath occasionally if the stoppage is forward.

Hawks use Tim Obrien.

Melbourne let Tom Mcdonald contest a couple forward but run with Gawn all game.

Who played second ruck for Brisbane today?

Crows use Jenkins in a ruck/forward model that similar to ours but he is far more nimble and effective that Casboult.

All i am saying that we shouldn't keep Casboult because he can also play second ruck. We can easily cover that ruckwork with a little tweaking.

Your opposition observations are valid but the conversation around Levi isn't. We haven't kept him for his ruck work so the conversation is a bit pointless. But i have pointless conversations all the time so who am I to judge? We keep Levi for his ability to give us a target around the ground and in the F50 where we know he will either mark it or halve the contest at minimum and bring the ball to ground in consistent spots. He's no superstar but we'd be a significantly poorer team without him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:05 am 
Bob Chitty

CK95 wrote:
jim wrote:
That was plain bloody lazy and undid all our good work this year. I want strips torn off them at the post match meeting.

Agree with this actually - just a complete joke of an effort.

I'll be embarrassed if we get pick 1 or a compo pick. We really don't deserve either

Oh we deserve it alright - that's why you feel so embarrassed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 am 
Wayne Johnston

Crippa wrote:
CK95 wrote:
jim wrote:
That was plain bloody lazy and undid all our good work this year. I want strips torn off them at the post match meeting.

I'll be embarrassed if we get pick 1 or a compo pick. We really don't deserve either

So true. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am 
Wayne Johnston

Crippa wrote:
club29 wrote:
scottopee wrote:
club29 wrote:
Prefer the Swans and Dogs model. We are wasting a position on Casboult for 5% rucking a 2 or 3 contested possessions(marks). Then you have to deduct his blunders.
It doesn't have to be this way. Especially when it's a formula that has failed to bring us wins.

Swans and Dogs model?? Callum Sinclair and usually Tom Boyd?? The same model we play.............. :roll:

You haven't been watching the Swans . They have moved from Parker to Towers (188cm) for second ruck.

Dogs are just throwing anyone in there. Bont mainly. Redpath occasionally if the stoppage is forward.

Hawks use Tim Obrien.

Melbourne let Tom Mcdonald contest a couple forward but run with Gawn all game.

Who played second ruck for Brisbane today?

Crows use Jenkins in a ruck/forward model that similar to ours but he is far more nimble and effective that Casboult.

All i am saying that we shouldn't keep Casboult because he can also play second ruck. We can easily cover that ruckwork with a little tweaking.

Your opposition observations are valid but the conversation around Levi isn't. We haven't kept him for his ruck work so the conversation is a bit pointless. But i have pointless conversations all the time so who am I to judge? We keep Levi for his ability to give us a target around the ground and in the F50 where we know he will either mark it or halve the contest at minimum and bring the ball to ground in consistent spots. He's no superstar but we'd be a significantly poorer team without him.

Personally, I think we would be better without him. Get some run and overlap . Be bold and stop kicking to marking contests around the ground. Will take time to adjust but we are bashing our heads against a wall doing the same thing each season. Hard to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 am 
Bruce Doull

Crippa wrote:
CK95 wrote:
jim wrote:

We've had a pretty good season, & should be well & truly on our way in a couple of years with decent drafting.

Personally I don't think any side in the AFL should need 5 no.1 picks on its list in order to be good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 am 
Wayne Johnston

Very rare that the No1 pick turns out to be the best player drafted that year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 am 
Bruce Doull

Are you dissing Anthony Bannick??

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:44 am 
Wayne Johnston

Never. Banno had his own thing going on.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 am 
Serge Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
I think I have just witnessed the worst coaching display by a carlton coach ever.
Beating Brisbane id pretty simple .
Stop Zorko
It took BB half a game of football to try shut him down.
It should have happened before the game started.
Its almost an exact repeat of what happened last year
Disgraceful effort by BB and coaching staff

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are you serious? Kerridge and Cunningham were given the roles to stop him.

I will guarantee Sam Kerridge will be dropped this week for not playing to coaches orders.

Bolt ripped Kerridge a new one at half time is what I was told and he didn't hold back.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:07 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Not nearly enough credit for Zorko and the lions who basically pantsed us in the first half. We'll learn from it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:33 am 
Bruce Doull

Glad I wasn't able to watch the match then given the comments on Mathieson's game, I quite possibly would've needed a new TV.

Players whose first instinct is to try to draw a free are everything that's wrong with the AFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 am 
Bruce Comben

Consider Casboult gone at the end of the year. My opinion is Carlton is building up Casboult's trade value and will be traded to Richmond for a late 1st round pick. Or we don't match a rival clubs offer and get a compo pick. Either way, it will be good to see him go. He's a dumb footballer with no skills other than marking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:10 am 
Rod McGregor

Entirely predictable performance, which is what pisses me off the most. The type of thing that makes you question if we'll ever get out of this hole.

Bolton's green shoots are turning into weeds.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 am 
Geoff Southby

trublu wrote:

I will guarantee Sam Kerridge will be dropped this week for not playing to coaches orders.

Bolt ripped Kerridge a new one at half time is what I was told and he didn't hold back.

When we had our run going and were within 11 pts, saw Doc screaming at Kerrige to pick up Rich, only for Kerrige to look at him dumbly as Rich was given the ball and bombed the goal from 55 that broke our momentum. Every man and his dog could see that Rich was lurking around and was going to be given the ball.... everyone except SK.

sticks wrote:
Consider Casboult gone at the end of the year. My opinion is Carlton is building up Casboult's trade value and will be traded to Richmond for a late 1st round pick. Or we don't match a rival clubs offer and get a compo pick. Either way, it will be good to see him go. He's a dumb footballer with no skills other than marking.

Agreed.. For all his good contested marking, he does too many dumb things too often. Makes sense to play him, and make noise about wanting to keep him if we want to get something decent for him.

Franc de Borges wrote:

Its not the kids who are letting us down.
It's the experienced guys you'd expect better from.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:34 am 
Stephen Silvagni

It's not easy losing to a similarly lowly side, but I had to keep telling myself to be patient. I look at McKay and think how good he will be in three years time, which will also mean Curnow, Silvagni, Petrevski-Seton, Weitering, Marchbank, Cuningham, Williamson and Fisher will also be advanced by three years. Add in Cripps and Byrne and hopefully Polson and a couple from this year's draft and maybe Kelly and/or Hopper, plus Docherty - I think we have an okay base that needs a few more years exposure and still quite a few holes to plug.

Silvagni was wasted in defence.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:40 am 
Rod McGregor

Dominator_7 wrote:
trublu wrote:

When we had our run going and were within 11 pts, saw Doc screaming at Kerrige to pick up Rich, only for Kerrige to look at him dumbly as Rich was given the ball and bombed the goal from 55 that broke our momentum. Every man and his dog could see that Rich was lurking around and was going to be given the ball.... everyone except SK.

sticks wrote:

Agreed.. For all his good contested marking, he does too many dumb things too often. Makes sense to play him, and make noise about wanting to keep him if we want to get something decent for him.

Franc de Borges wrote:

Its not the kids who are letting us down.
It's the experienced guys you'd expect better from.

Aware of that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Can confirm 50,000th member very unhappy with team's performance yesterday.

50,000th member's father also unhappy.

:oops:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
Can confirm 50,000th member very unhappy with team's performance yesterday.

50,000th member's father also unhappy.

:oops:

The 49,999 other members share this feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

sticks wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's an unrestricted free agent. They'll be no trading.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next