Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

Be interesting to know happened with Jaksch. Consistent multiple goalkicker when forward, good lead, great contested mark and beautiful kick. When in defence consistently takes marks. Form was rarely bad. Had to be attitude as form dictated he should've been in long ago.

Would like to hear what happened there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:45 pm 
Craig Bradley

Seems Harry will play.

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/late-m ... 078d792dce

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:53 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

Pleased to hear McKay is a likely in. Also pleased to hear Cuningham and Williamson have been named. Terrible news for Sumner and Jaksch not being picked.
Fitness permitting, the four ins will be Thomas, Cuningham, Williamson and McKay.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:05 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:
Get a feeling we will regret this. Hope I'm wrong.

I can only forsee one possible scenario where we could regret this. That's if he gets a game elsewhere and is a handy player for somebody.

We may not know the truth but the rest of the leagues recruiters will, so let's see if he gets a gig elsewhere.

High draft pick
Early 20's
No significant injuries
Showing form in the VFL

If he doesn't get picked up by another club I think we can all sleep easy knowing there is something we can't see that stops him from being an AFL footballer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

jim wrote:
Be interesting to know happened with Jaksch. Consistent multiple goalkicker when forward, good lead, great contested mark and beautiful kick. When in defence consistently takes marks. Form was rarely bad. Had to be attitude as form dictated he should've been in long ago.

No sign of any problem with team mates. Just a single case of coaches taking themselves too seriously with a player, in my humble opinion. Happens with every coach.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

What I feel we won't regret is our proven KP players and those not seen much, or at all.
If Jaksch was going to make it, it was forward with several backmen that have spots down there.
I still reckon McKay and Kerr will become best 22 players. And we know about Charlie and then there's SOS no. 2 still to come.
If we lose Casboult next year, however, then Jaksch might still be on the list in 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:54 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:

No sign of any problem with team mates. Just a single case of coaches taking themselves too seriously with a player, in my humble opinion. Happens with every coach.

What do you mean "coaches taking themselves too seriously"?
Honest question. No agenda from me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:

He's a 22yo young lad with ability and we're a team struggling to field a competitive side and looking to improve. I just think the coaches need to take a breath and give the lad a go. They've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain. As I said, just my humble opinion, from the outside looking in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:17 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:

He's a 22yo young lad with ability and we're a team struggling to field a competitive side and looking to improve. I just think the coaches need to take a breath and give the lad a go. They've got nothing to lose and a lot to gain. As I said, just my humble opinion, from the outside looking in.

Thanks. I assumed that's what you probably meant but was just interested to be sure.

My opinion is different as stated in an earlier post but I get where you are coming from.

Anybody know what time today the final team is announced? The anticipation is killing me! Fingers crossed we get to see big H run around.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:

heard from within the club that his "intensity" is not what they would like............whatever that means!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane‏ @AFL_PKeane 8s8 seconds ago

Carlton Rd18 changes v Brisbane Lions
Thomas, Cuningham, Williamson, Macreadie, McKay in for Silvagni, Buckley, Sumner, Boekhorst, Byrne.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bris Lions v Carlton Int; Cox, Lester, Mathieson, Barrett. Emerg; Paparone, Cutler, Close. Barrett, Gardiner in for Robertson, Cutler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Williamson, Cuningham, McKay, Graham. Love those selections, got the bench I wanted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Beatle wrote:
jim wrote:

heard from within the club that his "intensity" is not what they would like............whatever that means!!

It's not exactly that hard to work out, he doesn't train hard, he doesn't put in the extra hours to try and learn the gameplan, to study what he's meant to. I'd be fuming if the match committee gifted someone so completely undeserving of a game. Good riddance, he will never play AFL again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Best of luck to Harry.

I've come to hate our annual Gabba horror show.

Hope this time will be different.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Very excited with those inclusions. Cuningham, Williamson, Macreadie, and McKay are the future and hopefully all long term players for us. Disappointed that Byrne is back out as I think he is a big part of our future as well.

I reckon Boekhorst is pretty unlucky, racked up 36 touches 2 weeks in a row in the 2's and I thought he held his own and was far from our worst on the weekend. Probably deserved another game IMO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:28 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Will be fascinating to see how Harry and Levi stay out of each others way. Hoping for no friendly fire injuries.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

nck wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:
jim wrote:

It's not exactly that hard to work out, he doesn't train hard, he doesn't put in the extra hours to try and learn the gameplan, to study what he's meant to. I'd be fuming if the match committee gifted someone so completely undeserving of a game. Good riddance, he will never play AFL again.

do you know all that first hand ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

nck wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:
jim wrote:

Agreed. We often talk on here about how it's important to get the club culture right. Maybe giving a game to a guy who doesn't buy into the culture would do more harm than good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
nck wrote:
Blue Beatle wrote:
jim wrote:

do you know all that first hand ?

I won't go into how I know it but I don't go around pretending to know things.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next