Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Bluesman44 wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
Reckon SOS will have a real easy job cleaning out our list.
Also, had enough of Levi. If he wants to leave to chase the $$$, see ya.
Play McKay and or Kerr for the rest of the year. Got nothing to lose.
They may not deserve a spot in the seniors on current VFL form, but neither did Anyone else.

I thought Casboult had turned his form around with the coaching he got from Rocca but he is still patchy, in both kicking and marking. Of course it hasn't helped that the delivery into the forward line has been abysmal.

24.14 isn't patchy. It's probably team leading efficiency. But that's a guess. I didn't check.

7 OOF and another 5 that didn't clear the line
50 attempts at goal for 24

I would love to know how many times a game are forward entries are directed at him

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bob Chitty

Murphy who plays midfield, I think, had one clearance today.

Not an inspiring effort from the captain.

Craig Bradley

As said at half time we are really now feeling the affect of injuries and because we don't bat deep we are being exposed

Kreuz Gibbs Jones Curnow Wright all good

Really lost the game in second half of first quarter and most of second quarter

Was encouraged by Byrnes performance a bit rusty but needs to get games

Another game into SPS fisher and SOS is a positive

Think we need to now try everyone on the list

Doubtful Bokehurst Buckley Graham will continue beyond 2017

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crippa wrote:

GRAHAM
3 clangers

KERRIDGE
5 clangers

MURPHY
5 clangers

There's clangers. And then there's clangers. Kerridge's clangers last week directly resulted in goals. 2 of Graham's clangers this week resulted in easy goals being missed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm 
Bob Chitty

Should Murph be captain next year?

If not will he want to stay even though he is still contracted.

My opinion is either Doc or Crippa should be captain/vice captain.

Doc speaks so well but Crippa just has that ability to be able to lift a team with his will to succeed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

We are a long way off it but it's a slow
Rebuild
Need to be patient
Injuries have exposed are lack of depth

Two things I would like to see happen

Cripps given the captaincy
I won't criticise Murphy except to say
Cripps is more the future plus he has a better
Personality for the job
I would consider trading Gibbs if SOS
Could wrangle a3 way swap to get a high draft pick
That would be 2 picks in the top 10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 pm 
Bob Chitty

I know we're starting from defense and building into attack, are we doing the same thing by training players to only kick on their dominant side with a view to eventually developing dual sided players?
It's such a disadvantage having one sided players. SPS is the only player in the team who is willing to kick on his non dominant side. Ask Heath Scotland, Ryan Houlihan and Greg Williams if kicking on both feet helped their careers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blues87 wrote:
I know we're starting from defense and building into attack, are we doing the same thing by training players to only kick on their dominant side with a view to eventually developing dual sided players?
It's such a disadvantage having one sided players. SPS is the only player in the team who is willing to kick on his non dominant side. Ask Heath Scotland, Ryan Houlihan and Greg Williams if kicking on both feet helped their careers.

Nice observation. It's not pushed at junior level out my way. It's not something you can fix when these guys are in their late teens or early early 20's.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:13 pm 
John James

keogh wrote:
We are a long way off it but it's a slow
Rebuild
Need to be patient
Injuries have exposed are lack of depth

Two things I would like to see happen

Cripps given the captaincy
I won't criticise Murphy except to say
Cripps is more the future plus he has a better
Personality for the job
I would consider trading Gibbs if SOS
Could wrangle a3 way swap to get a high draft pick
That would be 2 picks in the top 10

Look, if that were to happen, that would mean our midfield will be more shallow next year than it is now! I can't see how that is a positive gain when draftees are not a 100% guaranteed star! Might put rebuild back a year or 2.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:13 pm 
Bob Chitty

Mots87 wrote:
Should Murph be captain next year?

If not will he want to stay even though he is still contracted.

My opinion is either Doc or Crippa should be captain/vice captain.

Doc speaks so well but Crippa just has that ability to be able to lift a team with his will to succeed.

For me it's much less about who is captain. It's about getting him to play with the same amount of impact again that we know he has shown in the past. With a full preseason under his belt he was supposed to be back to his damaging best again this season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blues87 wrote:

Beat me to it. Just about to post same. A number of occasions today where players should have kicked it on their non dominant foot and they didn't, got squeezed, and turned it over. Murphy and Graham particularly notable today. That's what made SPS's little left foot pass off one step stand out, because no one else was using their left side.

Contrast this with big Taylor Walker or dare I say it Eddie Betts last night. Natural and precise left foot passes and goals.

I thought this was the stuff your father taught you when you were 10 years old.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

Trouble is Rick a lot of the players who played today can't kick on either foot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

BlueDW wrote:
Fact is, we lost again. Against a team that has been putrid for about 2 months, yet the excuses keep getting made! Argue as much as you like, we are a 50% decent football team, the other half is barely recognisable as AFL level, and there is no evidence to suggest that will improve anytime soon!

bloody hell not bad for only half a side :eek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:26 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

SPS had a sublime piece of play where he crumbed a Levi spilled marking attempt so cleanly and then gave it off in the blink of an eye. Masterful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:38 pm 
Bob Chitty

You can say our system and structures worked well because despite making a million basic errors, we still only lost by 20 points. If we play like standard AFL players, we win.

Very frustrating that we had a clear aerial superiority with Levi, Charlie and Kreuzer to kick to and after showing that it can be successful in the first quarter, we didn't seem to give them a chance for the rest of the game.

I also feel that having Murphy, SPS, Fisher, Wright, Sumner, Buckley and Lamb is too many short arses to have in the same side.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Bluesman44 wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
Reckon SOS will have a real easy job cleaning out our list.
Also, had enough of Levi. If he wants to leave to chase the $$$, see ya.
Play McKay and or Kerr for the rest of the year. Got nothing to lose.
They may not deserve a spot in the seniors on current VFL form, but neither did Anyone else.

I thought Casboult had turned his form around with the coaching he got from Rocca but he is still patchy, in both kicking and marking. Of course it hasn't helped that the delivery into the forward line has been abysmal.

24.14 isn't patchy. It's probably team leading efficiency. But that's a guess. I didn't check.

7 OOF and another 5 that didn't clear the line
50 attempts at goal for 24

I would love to know how many times a game are forward entries are directed at him

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Trying every little possible bit of detail to fuel your agenda. Face it, his his dual role this year Casboult has had a good year. That's why he is attracting interest and why Carlton wants to keep him. Kreuzer and Casboult have been the best ruck combo in the comp this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm 
John James

dannyboy wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Fact is, we lost again. Against a team that has been putrid for about 2 months, yet the excuses keep getting made! Argue as much as you like, Wembley are a 50% decent football team, the other half is barely recognisable as AFL level, and there is no evidence to suggest that will improve anytime soon!

By that I mean we can defend, but unfortunately AFL football dictates that you need to score to be a chance to win! We can't score!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm 
Bob Chitty

Replace boekhorst, buckley, graham and sumner with cripps, cunningham, ed curnow and tom williamson, and we win this game.

Our depth clearly is still another 1-2 good drafts away from where we want our list to be.

The 4 players above just don't get an AFL game at any other club, apart from possibly Brisbane. And I'm not a Kerridge fan either. When he has the ball, opposition players know they can commence the attacking run, 'cos he'll more often than not, turn it over, or pick the wrong option of teammate in poor field position.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

BlueDW wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
BlueDW wrote:
Fact is, we lost again. Against a team that has been putrid for about 2 months, yet the excuses keep getting made! Argue as much as you like, Wembley are a 50% decent football team, the other half is barely recognisable as AFL level, and there is no evidence to suggest that will improve anytime soon!

By that I mean we can defend, but unfortunately AFL football dictates that you need to score to be a chance to win! We can't score!

oh is that what you meant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

Casboult is an important player for us, now, and next few years. He'll unlikely be no more than a 2goal per game player for us. But I'm not sure where we'd be without his clunking grabs around the ground. And agree his relief ruck work is pretty good now. And Curnow, McKay &/or Pat Kerr definitely need him in team, whilst they develop their game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next