Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

A ball up 1m out from their goal line and Kruezer taps it back into play, (and they goal).
Things like that from an experienced player disappoint me more that skill errors from fringe players.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm 
Robert Walls

BigKev wrote:
A ball up 1m out from their goal line and Kruezer taps it back into play, (and they goal).
Things like that from an experienced player disappoint me more that skill errors from fringe players.

Pretty sure that if he taps it straight through it's a free kick to them in the goal square anyway.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:44 pm 
Bert Deacon

our problem is we are to SLOW all over the ground ,our ball movement to slow ,we need to solve this through recruiting and changing this predictable long bomb game

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:44 pm 
Bert Deacon

our problem is we are to SLOW all over the ground ,our ball movement to slow ,we need to solve this through recruiting and changing this predictable long bomb game

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I like consistent capitalisation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluebo baggers wrote:
BigKev wrote:

Pretty sure that if he taps it straight through it's a free kick to them in the goal square anyway.....

Correct, remember Robbo puched it through against the tigers in the Elimination Final, free kick Tigers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

CARLTON v WESTERN BULLDOGS
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
7 Jack Macrae (WB)
5 Toby McLean (WB)
4 Bailey Dale (WB)
3 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
1 Caleb Daniel (WB)
1 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Murphy and Kreuzer have polled AFLCA votes in 11 games, only behind Dangerfield and Ryder (12).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 pm 
Robert Walls

verbs wrote:
For all the talk about how we haven't scored over 100 in 27 games, this is our percentage over that 27 game period (trend in red):

Improvement is always magnified when you start from a low base
Having said that, it's certainly trending in the right ditrection

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Did our best and never stopped trying.......................but shit,we gifted 'em some easy goals.For some reason we were very tentative and unsure.Time and again our boys waited for the Dogs to gain possesion and then tackle.Dont like dwellers.Got to be first in for the footy boys..............hope it was just one of those days.................boys,please,dont go into your shells.Fight the season out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigKev wrote:

Spot on.

He could have hit it towards the boundary.

Disappointing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jamespul65 wrote:

And because we were slow, not tentative, probably to slow the game, the Doggies found their rhythm and confidence and PRESSED hard and smothered easily and corralled us so much we kicked it out on a full, over and over again.

We then lost confidence, devoid of dare, and became tentative.

The slow game either backfired, or saved us from a slaughter.

I think the whole team was bad by foot and fumbled all day...after the first 15 mins.

We will sift through the list, and drop the bad kicks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

jamespul65 wrote:

Why was this posted to times?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 am 
Ken Hands

Six changes, three injuries during the game, lots of mistakes and yet still in with a chance at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter.

Two or three years ago that might have been a 90 point loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

moshe25 wrote:
jamespul65 wrote:

Why was this posted to times?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Your to funny Mosche

:lol: :wink:

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigKev wrote:

Yeh that was just dumb ..... but sadly they are common......and surely they must be prepared for such situations....so where are the teachers?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Give me a break. If he hits it through, it's a free kick. If he hits it over the boundary, it's a free kick.
Yes it would be nice if he could hit it 20 metres away but he has a 105kg ruckman bodying up on him trying to prevent him getting his hands to the ball let alone allowing him to hit it where he wants.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Give me a break. If he hits it through, it's a free kick. If he hits it over the boundary, it's a free kick.
Yes it would be nice if he could hit it 20 metres away but he has a 105kg ruckman bodying up on him trying to prevent him getting his hands to the ball let alone allowing him to hit it where he wants.

Agree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:29 am 
Stephen Kernahan

lucablue wrote:
Replace boekhorst, buckley, graham and sumner with cripps, cunningham, ed curnow and tom williamson, and we win this game.

Our depth clearly is still another 1-2 good drafts away from where we want our list to be.

The 4 players above just don't get an AFL game at any other club, apart from possibly Brisbane. And I'm not a Kerridge fan either. When he has the ball, opposition players know they can commence the attacking run, 'cos he'll more often than not, turn it over, or pick the wrong option of teammate in poor field position.

Kerridge had 27 possessions and five clangers.
When I did maths, 5/27 wasn't 'more often than not'.

Kerridge gets it and uses it at 70%
That's as good as most of the team. Murphy 62% is hailed by Bolts as being one of our best users!
I am not saying that Kerridge is the be all of mids but he did manage it 27 times. Gibbs got it 32. Not huge difference in possies or of % efficiency.
One of Kerridge's tackles today was effective despite his getting shouldered in the jaw as he went in at the ball carrier from front on.
You don't get rid of players that can get 27 possies at 72% and tackle like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

BigKev wrote:

Kreuzer is a great player and the heart of the club but his tap work is not good.
People rave about his getting hitouts but this week he was no better than any other week. Even against Bont, his taps were missing targets and sometis even going to an opposition player.
There were two or three superb taps to advantage today from our rucks.

Out of 54.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next