Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:49 am 
Bruce Doull

Just one point that hasn't been mentioned.

flower it was cold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 am 
Harry Vallence

BigGartos wrote:
Blues87 wrote:
I know we're starting from defense and building into attack, are we doing the same thing by training players to only kick on their dominant side with a view to eventually developing dual sided players?
It's such a disadvantage having one sided players. SPS is the only player in the team who is willing to kick on his non dominant side. Ask Heath Scotland, Ryan Houlihan and Greg Williams if kicking on both feet helped their careers.

22 minutes into last q, Charlie sprinted 100 metres towards the members to give a good target to Bambi ( oops, I meant Simmo) . Because he has no right foot Simmo stopped and turned inboard to a poor option, a few moments later another goal to the opposition.
We will be a good team when we have senior players who can execute a basic skill and honour the hard work of a younger team mate.

Let's be frank about this. Simmo gets the ball too often for my liking. His dinky kicks don't serve us in the long run. Never have never will.

Like most I have loved his courage and consistency during our darkest years . However, his impact on games has never been great for the amount of ball he gets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 am 
Bob Chitty

scottopee wrote:
Crippa wrote:
For those who think Graham and Kerridge hurt us (includes me sometimes although I though Kegga was good today) take a look at their stats compared to Murphy. I'd never drop Murph in a million years but his output is really poor. The other two have better stats in almost every category.

GRAHAM
65% efficiency
15 efficient disposals
10 contested possessions
6 clearances
6 inside 50's
1 goal
2 goal assists
4 score involvements
4 tackles
3 clangers

KERRIDGE
76% efficiency
23 efficient disposals
12 contested
3 clearances
2 inside 50's
1 point
1 goal assist
4 score involvements
2 tackles
5 clangers

MURPHY
62% efficiency
17 effective
7 contested
1 clearance
3 inside 50's
0 points
1 goal assist
4 score involvements
4 tackles
5 clangers

Yeah great stats

Murphy
Ave Disposals 30
Disposal Efficiency 72.5%
Clangers 3.38

Cripps
Ave Disposals 24.9
Disposal Efficiency 68.7% and that's from just under 60% of possessions that are handballs??
Clangers 3.33

So of course not being biased you'd mention your name sake when necessary

This is the WBD Post Game thread so I was actually just talking about this game. Not the entire season. Nor was I trying to compare across every Carlton midfielder. It was just a simple observation that Mark had a poor game today in my opinion and a couple of less skilled players had by their standards decent games.

Do you think Mark played well today?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:53 am 
Stephen Silvagni

For all the talk about how we haven't scored over 100 in 27 games, this is our percentage over that 27 game period (trend in red):

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 am 
Wayne Johnston

Interesting stuff Verbs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 am 
Rod Ashman

Some of the mental gymnastics that occur here after a loss. :lol:

We're rebuilding and the injuries are taking a toll.

Just look at it as another game where some of our kids got a look at how some Premiership footballers go about their business. The Doggies are by no means flying but theres still plenty to be taken away from watching them operate.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Beantown wrote:

Just look at it as another game where some of our kids got a look at how some Premiership footballers go about their business. The Doggies are by no means flying but theres still plenty to be taken away from watching them operate.

Thankyou Beantown.
(Picks up a battered Captain & Simmo after the stoning, and helps them, limping & bleeding, back to safety.)
:fight: :beer:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:08 am 
Bob Chitty

verbs wrote:
For all the talk about how we haven't scored over 100 in 27 games, this is our percentage over that 27 game period (trend in red):

Very very nice point. I like it. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

chubbyruss wrote:
Just back from the game

Got what I expected with the cattle we had on the park

Cripps a massive out

Not all doom and gloom. Charlie is going to be a ripper

That's the spirit!

The Dogs did bring a high level of intensity, Finals fury like from the Premier, after the first 15 minutes.

Against that backdrop, with Cripps missing, we were going to struggle to win, but got so damn close a few times.

We just don't give up, and that's a great sign moving forward.

I thought the same about Charlie after the Demons game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

That's quite interesting Verbs................. cheers for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BlueDW wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
Our decision making going forward is monumentally bad.

Maybe its leftovers from the Madhouse era!

He's been gone for 2 years, yet you're still blaming him for decision making? Blame him for personnel losses as much as you like, but 2 years is enough time to teach decision making, structure etc!

There's been a huge list turnover in both years.

No doubt in my mind there has been a huge improvement.

We seem to be in the game throughout the game.
We show ability to fight our way back in the game.

I think you have to look at the personnel we have on the field before you judge, I suspect, BB and the coaching staff.
Murphy isn't really breaking lines and setting up play. He's filling gaps and doing that well, but I expect him to be flying the flag in the coal face.

Kids are ... kids.

SPS and Fisher are not even 20yo in their first year.

Sumner Graham not up to it....and that's just the small guys who move the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:58 am 
Wayne Johnston

1/3 of our team yesterday played for Northern in Round 1.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Bluesman44 wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
Reckon SOS will have a real easy job cleaning out our list.
Also, had enough of Levi. If he wants to leave to chase the $$$, see ya.
Play McKay and or Kerr for the rest of the year. Got nothing to lose.
They may not deserve a spot in the seniors on current VFL form, but neither did Anyone else.

I thought Casboult had turned his form around with the coaching he got from Rocca but he is still patchy, in both kicking and marking. Of course it hasn't helped that the delivery into the forward line has been abysmal.

24.14 isn't patchy. It's probably team leading efficiency. But that's a guess. I didn't check.

7 OOF and another 5 that didn't clear the line
50 attempts at goal for 24

I would love to know how many times a game are forward entries are directed at him

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Trying every little possible bit of detail to fuel your agenda. Face it, his his dual role this year Casboult has had a good year. That's why he is attracting interest and why Carlton wants to keep him. Kreuzer and Casboult have been the best ruck combo in the comp this year.

Are you sure that Carlton want to keep Casboult? Are you sure there's interest?
I'm glad you stick up for Cas, and highlight his positives for a team with the weakest forwardline in the AFL.
Lets not forget you've had a pro Levi agenda for a couple of years now despite his weaknesses.
And lets note he's the best we've got for now...that we know.

I think he's a good buffer for developing stars like Curnow and SOJ, and if Kerr and McKay are given a go.
Therefore he has an important development role to play for now. Levi is not the future at his age.
I'm not sure about playing Casboult with McKay, Kerr, Curnow and SOJ in the same forwardline...then there's Ben SOS coming too.
One day the abovementioned are going to have to stand up without Cas.
A better midfield group will allow that. imo

I can see the benefit of having him, but as soon as we can get something for him and start again the better.
You can't rely on Cas to be having a shot in a Prelim let alone a GF to win the game.
That's what its all about.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigGartos wrote:
Blues87 wrote:
I know we're starting from defense and building into attack, are we doing the same thing by training players to only kick on their dominant side with a view to eventually developing dual sided players?
It's such a disadvantage having one sided players. SPS is the only player in the team who is willing to kick on his non dominant side. Ask Heath Scotland, Ryan Houlihan and Greg Williams if kicking on both feet helped their careers.

22 minutes into last q, Charlie sprinted 100 metres towards the members to give a good target to Bambi ( oops, I meant Simmo) . Because he has no right foot Simmo stopped and turned inboard to a poor option, a few moments later another goal to the opposition.
We will be a good team when we have senior players who can execute a basic skill and honour the hard work of a younger team mate.

I saw that, along with a few other misses from our experienced players.

There's players running into spaces. We should be looking for spaces to kick too.
Maybe our seniors don't have the confidence our young ones (or anyone for that matter0 are going to lead to those spots.
Bottom line is, that they are....and that's a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

WOW wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
Blues87 wrote:

Let's be frank about this. Simmo gets the ball too often for my liking. His dinky kicks don't serve us in the long run. Never have never will.

Like most I have loved his courage and consistency during our darkest years . However, his impact on games has never been great for the amount of ball he gets.

You're on your own there WOW.

He is admired by the football community.

He does dinky little ones, but they connect. AND he breaks lines and sets up goals....from the backline!

Simmo will be missed in 2019. I hope Willo learns the craft in the mean time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am 
Craig Bradley

Beantown wrote:

Rebuilding is all good with everyone................until we have the inevitable bad game young sides have. Then supporters lose it, everyone is no good, there side is going nowhere etc....lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm 
Garry Crane

verbs wrote:

By 2025 we'll be freakin' unbeatable!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
Just one point that hasn't been mentioned.

flower it was cold

colder here in Hobart............

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

sammywaslow wrote:
verbs wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:45 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

sammywaslow wrote:
verbs wrote:

Pretty much. Geelong and Hawthorn took the best part of ten years from their first rebuild drafts to domination. 2025 is about right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next