Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:28 am 
Robert Walls

I think we will struggle too without Cripps. Huge challenge for the game plan in my opinion. If it can hold up this week (as bad as the dogs have been) and we win I think it will again reinforce to the group they have a Coach and plan that always functions despite missing key players if everyone is on board. Fingers crossed

Really glad to see Byrne back. I think he can be an elite player. Hopefully he won't be too rusty this week. I expect a few errors as he adjusts to the tempo after a year out of senior footy. Kreuzer to dominate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:29 am 
Bruce Doull

Oh Stuie.....

don't be so glum chum...we're a team these days
my friend...!

there's no Cripps in Team...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:38 am 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
Mots87 wrote:

Why the @#$%&! drop Macreadie?

Totally agree.

Of course, I preface it with the "they're the ones entrusted to make the call" line but FFS, what benefit is there in dropping him?

This is EXACTLY what I keep harping on about...dropping some players and not others. The 'like for like' argument doesn't wash with me as we are supposed to be building a flexible team who could be asked to play in a foreign position etc.

We could easily have kept Macreadie and used Weitering up forward for a while, or even give Macreadie a taste of the forward line or dare I say it, give Jones a short spell up forward
Bolton talks about enduring...well, sometimes you need to also endure in a foreign part of the ground; after all, its all about growth and experience

On another note, bit disappointed that Smedts couldn't make the squad...maybe he has been asked to work on certain areas

Perhaps Macreadie has been asked to do the same thing.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:39 am 
Robert Walls

dannyboy wrote:
I agree dropping Mcreadie convinces me Bolts has no idea!

And I hear you assess/have assessed persuasive opinion writing for a living?

Appreciate your distorted, inferential and summative feedback DB

I'll give it the respect it deserved...in fact I've given it more respect than it deserved; a whole 40 ish word response.

Fire away

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:43 am 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Mots87 wrote:

Totally agree.

Of course, I preface it with the "they're the ones entrusted to make the call" line but FFS, what benefit is there in dropping him?

This is EXACTLY what I keep harping on about...dropping some players and not others. The 'like for like' argument doesn't wash with me as we are supposed to be building a flexible team who could be asked to play in a foreign position etc.

We could easily have kept Macreadie and used Weitering up forward for a while, or even give Macreadie a taste of the forward line or dare I say it, give Jones a short spell up forward
Bolton talks about enduring...well, sometimes you need to also endure in a foreign part of the ground; after all, its all about growth and experience

On another note, bit disappointed that Smedts couldn't make the squad...maybe he has been asked to work on certain areas

Regards Cazzesman

Perhaps Cazz...or after one game back in the seniors, he could be given the feedback and given another week at senior level to work on that feedback...anyway that's my opinion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:32 am 
Ken Hunter

99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Mots87 wrote:

Totally agree.

Regards Cazzesman

Perhaps Cazz...or after one game back in the seniors, he could be given the feedback and given another week at senior level to work on that feedback...anyway that's my opinion

I love Ricky Gervais.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:11 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Mots87 wrote:

Totally agree.

Regards Cazzesman

Scott Muller got some feedback, can't bowl can't throw.

Hard to come back from there.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kouta wrote:
Clayman wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Just heard Kerrige ran 17km for the game. Team high.

It doesn't surprise me as he was running away from physical contact and chasing opponents to make up for his turnovers.

Fixed your post.

:oops:

That's not right Clayman.

Whilst Kerridge does fumble too much, sometimes he gets hold of the fumble and makes good on the opportunity.

But, what I saw from the fence was Kerridge commit to physical clashes against 1 or more opponents and either win or nullify the situation. A smaller body such as Fishers, SPS, LeBois, Sumner etc wouldn't have made a dint such was the fierceness of those contests.

Kerridge is a depth player, and whilst Cripps is out he is essential in the midfield. He actually creates opportunity for the kids.

Kerridge plays an important role for the club with his big body. More so than Palmer Smedts types...thus far.

You have to appreciate the good he does for balance and sanity. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

personally, I hope Dylan gets a run before year's end.
can't wait to see Byrne play in seniors too.
very happy with Kerridge, although I wasn't for some time at last game. a player that makes up triple time for bad errors is alright. he'll be good for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Kouta wrote:
Clayman wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Just heard Kerrige ran 17km for the game. Team high.

It doesn't surprise me as he was running away from physical contact and chasing opponents to make up for his turnovers.

Fixed your post.

:oops:

That's not right Clayman.

Whilst Kerridge does fumble too much, sometimes he gets hold of the fumble and makes good on the opportunity.

But, what I saw from the fence was Kerridge commit to physical clashes against 1 or more opponents and either win or nullify the situation. A smaller body such as Fishers, SPS, LeBois, Sumner etc wouldn't have made a dint such was the fierceness of those contests.

Kerridge is a depth player, and whilst Cripps is out he is essential in the midfield. He actually creates opportunity for the kids.

Kerridge plays an important role for the club with his big body. More so than Palmer Smedts types...thus far.

You have to appreciate the good he does for balance and sanity. :wink:

Someone changed my quote. I actually wrote "It doesn't surprise me as he was at a lot of contests".

I think he tried his guts out and put his body on the line.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Exactly! Right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:21 pm 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Mots87 wrote:

Totally agree.

Regards Cazzesman

I love Ricky Gervais.

Regards Cazzesman

Not sure what you're trying to say...some reference to 'The Office'????

Anyway...I'll stand by my comments. I've never been a fan of promoting a player for a week just to send them back down to the ressies cause they need to work on some areas. last time I checked, you can also work on those areas in the seniors and be given an opportunity for redemption...just ask Thomas, Casboult, Rowe, White, SPS etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:34 pm 
Robert Walls

Lucky for me I was buffered from the ire, the invective and credibility shredding acerbic wit.

Oh well, maybe next time I won't be so lucky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane‏ @AFL_PKeane 1m1 minute ago

AFL advises David Cuningham has withdrawn from Carlton Rd17 team v Western Bulldogs.
Harrison Macreadie into 25.
Final 22 tbc later today.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Good luck Gibba :yikes:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:10 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

if the dogs can't win this then Bevo has a big problem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

nothing to do with luck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Adversity creates oppurtunity...................this is a great chance for the blokes coming in to show what ya got.SOJ,Fish,PetSet time.Time for these youngsters to get out of the cameo roles and take the mainstage for big impact..........holy shit,that kid from Freo played his first game last week and kicked four goals and whats more won the game for 'em.Our boys are every bit as that kid.................Reckon the kids should claim ownership and perform accordingly................The Blues in another upset.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane‏ @AFL_PKeane 7s7 seconds ago

Final rd17 Sunday teams
Carl v WBulldogs
Int; Buckley, Boekhorst, Graham ASilvagni.
Emergencies; Sheehan, Sumner, Macreadie.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next