Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:16 pm 
Serge Silvagni

missnaut wrote:
The @#$%&! carry on from those cauliflower! You barely beat the 16th team down two men including it's best player.

OMG yes. You would have thought they won a GF.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thanks Effes - I didn't need my breakfast after all.

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Meh, Lewis is a shit cauliflower, who cares.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:22 pm 
Bob Chitty

Given the number of goals we conceded through mistakes from Kerridge and Sheehan, and the goals we missed at the other end, it's great to note how effective our overall system is when players just do the basics well.

Really enjoying Cuningham and Curnow's emergence. Both of them are not just the future, they are the present with the influence they're exerting on the game.

Macreadie had a couple of good moments, as did Zac and Samo. These are all the green shoots we're looking for. Samo is clearly capable of amazing things, it's probably the social hierarchy that seems the biggest challenge at the moment. He is still deferential to senior teammates when they're in the area, whether he's in the prime position or not. Hopefully that goal gives him a little more confidence.

Hopefully A. Silvagni is right to take over from White next week. One would assume Graham would come in for Cripps and I'd expect Byrne for Sheehan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm so flat about Cripps. I couldn't get into the game properly after he went off.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

missnaut wrote:
The @#$%&! carry on from those cauliflower! You barely beat the 16th team down two men including it's best player.

The only thing that shows is that is getting 4 points off Carlton is very highly valued.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

That diving cheat Oliver needs the Rhys Jones treatment

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

Lucky wrote:
missnaut wrote:

You forgot about the help they received from the umps.

I thought they got a better run than we did, we did alright at times, but overall the umpires inconsistent and got too involved.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

No one can deny that this one hurt members and supporters, but you could see the pain on the group 's faces after the siren - they gave it everything they had today and I saw at least 10 players with the weight of the world on their shoulders. This group are willing to bleed for the jumper. They'll learn even more from this. I'm stoked, this rebuild is moving faster than anyone anticipated. A couple of choice inclusions from the draft/trade period and I think we'll really shock everyone next year.

We can't ask anything more from this list - they're pushing themselves to their limits right to the wire, the wins will come and when they do it'll be a flood. Not much longer to wait, and I'm really enjoying watching the endeavour.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:54 pm 
Robert Walls

Great effort given we were 2 men down, but we really should have won that. Didn't help that a couple of big "non-calls" (i.e. throws, HTB etc.) and some elementary mistakes resulted in goals to them at critical times.

The most disappointing thing about losing so many close ones this year is that the season is so open and there are not many standout teams. Would have been a good year to sneak into the 8 and maybe snag a win or 2.

As a side note - geez I would love to give Clayton Oliver a good old fashioned punch in the nose. What a diving, cheating, ugly little flogbag.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

Scotty12000 wrote:
No one can deny that this one hurt members and supporters, but you could see the pain on the group 's faces after the siren - they gave it everything they had today and I saw at least 10 players with the weight of the world on their shoulders. This group are willing to bleed for the jumper. They'll learn even more from this. I'm stoked, this rebuild is moving faster than anyone anticipated. A couple of choice inclusions from the draft/trade period and I think we'll really shock everyone next year.

We can't ask anything more from this list - they're pushing themselves to their limits right to the wire, the wins will come and when they do it'll be a flood. Not much longer to wait, and I'm really enjoying watching the endeavour.

Good post :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:

Good post :thumbsup:

I just hope that losses like this build character of the team, and not turn them into another Norf.

(LOL Norf)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

A lot to like, a lot to be frustrated by, too. Some poor decision making and skill errors were the difference. Our disposal efficiency was down today and it's the one stat that cost us.

The resilience of the team to almost pinch the game was to be admired with 2 down for a half.

Fisher was huge in that last qtr.

Curnow should get the NRS this week.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:14 pm 
Horrie Clover

Absolutely gutted. Should have won this. Just too many mistakes some of which completely changed the dynamic of the game ie: Kerridge's fumble which potentially was a twelve point tunaround. Despite the loss now that I've had a few minutes to think about the game (while sitting on the Melton train) there are a lot of things to like about this team. And that's the biggest thing. We are now a TEAM. And anyone who plays us know there won't be any shortcuts. Pressure pressure pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

just back from the game. Agree with most posts. Great effort by the boys who were obviously so flat on their feet in the end. Our pressure was outstanding all game and there was some greta transitions of play. Some complete brain fades. Thought Kerridge was terrible early but kept getting the ball and as the game went on he did some great things. Sheehan was the obvious weak link and Samo needs to get the ball more. Casbolt did well and Charlie was great early, as was Lamb I thought. That last quarter handpass sequence in the goal square were we ended with nothing was excruciating. We were done with speed too and Byrne for sheehan may help.
Finished the game with $159 parking fine which completed the overall sense of depression.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:19 pm 
Bert Deacon

i am gutted to we gave everything in the last BUT something has to change for2018 and that is PACE into our slow team

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:22 pm 
John James

This one hurt big time. But rather this feeling than a feeling after being belted.

So much to look forward too. Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Not long home from the game.
Another good effort but it is starting to wear thin.
Some silly errors cost goals, especially those 2 just before half time.
Two men down for the second half and still should have won.
Lots to be excited about for next year.
Umpires were crap again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Willingness to compete. Good start. Strong finish. I thought the opposition were faster and more skilled, and yet we still should have won. So well done to the team and the coaches.
The senior group again.
Charlie and SOJ get better by the week.
Liked Cuningham's game.
Nice flashes from MacReadie, SPS and Fisher.

Cons:

Some costly misses in front of goal, especially given how clinical Melbourne were after quarter time.
A couple of high balls that should have been killed by our defenders. MacReadie once. Weitering twice.
Kerridge's fumbles and turnovers were very costly.
Always a little hard when you're at the game, but Melbourne seemed to get a lot of soft free kick goals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Might have been different on TV, but viewing at the game it was clear Kerridge was allowed to get the ball because he butchers it so much

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next