Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:06 am 
Rod Ashman

A few additional things to what has already been covered:

- Broken tackles: we always seem to have way too many tackles broken. Part of this is surely young/underdeveloped bodies but part must also be poor technique. On the flip side, we seem, with a few exceptions, to have a lot of trouble breaking opposition tackles. Again, hopefully mainly a symptom of playing so many young/inexperienced players, but it feels like it's really hurting us at the moment.

- Weitering: only young of course but hasn't had a particularly good season. A few of his efforts on McDonald were really poor. I'm surprised he hasn't been rested but then again injuries to Rowe/Alex Silvagni and now Marchbank might have put paid to that idea. I think he could do with a bit of a break.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:42 am 
John James

1. The scorn for Kerridge is pathetic. The guy gave his all. He might not make it, but seriously... Maybe he'll come good a la Jones. Bolton might find some star quality in him yet.

2. It was clear that the players were cooked towards the end of the last, when everyone, not just the usual suspects, was stuffing up their disposal. Melbourne pressured us well in the last and we matched them for a while, but the bench rotations caught up with us with 10-15 to go. We come out of the match with more to look forward to than that bunch of sniping, diving pretenders.

3. Hearing their drug-cheating coach rabbiting on about club 'culture' makes we want to puke, and he's the biggest reason that I don't want them to win a flag.

4. We should've won by 5-6 goals, but the competition knows we are no pushovers. We're still on the up, despite a particularly frustrating hiccup (hiccough? whatever).

5. Can Wookie repeat SPS's goal in the highlights package at five-minute intervals, just to pep it up a bit? And maybe an animated pythonesque hammer coming down on Lewis's shitty head?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:13 am 
Bruce Comben

The mark that wasn't paid to sosos because it was touched... How often have they ever been reviewed and changed????

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:18 am 
Ken Hands

SOJ 3 goals great for his confidence.

SPS seemed to start to hit another level again after his freak goal like all of a sudden his confidence/edge returned.

Charlie looking more and more physically comfortable at this level each week. I think he is going to be a Carlton great.

Another good game from Cuningham.

My impression Fisher still too little to impact games early at this level, but his class seems to show more later in games. Another pre-season or two and he will be a very damaging player for us.

Disappointed with the loss but very excited about the developing list. Are two or three more gun selections possible post season? If so we are going to be very competitive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:49 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Yesterday showed how important a settled back 6 is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:04 am 
Craig Bradley

Chitty wrote:
The mark that wasn't paid to sosos because it was touched... How often have they ever been reviewed and changed????

It wasn't reviewed or changed... one umpire paid a mark and the other said touched and I believe in that situation they revert to the lesser decision.

It was a clear mark...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 am 
Craig Bradley

Nice article on the Blues.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/07/10/bl ... able-loss/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:57 am 
Horrie Clover

harsh on kerridge.

i thought in the last he played well and contributed to 2 goals , that scoop up on the wing was sublime when everyone was fumbling and kicked it long for a goal , not sure who kicked it and i thought he handballed to murphy for the dribble goal. made some mistakes , ran hard all day

simpson error , sheehan error , rotations and the 150 handballs inside the 50 mtr arc at the end killed us.

make no mistake we should have won that one. charlie curnow is going to be a star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:

phew...............says it all..............my family four-year window from newborns is still open (actually two to go for Christopher and three for Samuel).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:32 pm 
Bruce Comben

Rod Waddell wrote:
club29 wrote:
GMCbris wrote:
tasboy wrote:
How great to be within a kick at the final siren against a side 10 spots above us on the ladder and be gutted. And legitimately gutted. Because the best team didn't win

I was just about to write that, almost word for word I reckon :thumbsup:

It good to feel gutted than happy we got close - I think that shows our expectations are rising from a now competitive Carlton!

They had a number of their best players out though.

Good effort by us with 2 men down.

Them: Viney, Jones, Tyson & Watts

Us: Marchbank, Willo, Ed, ASOS + 2 today

Let's not get too carried away with their "plight"

Plus one

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:57 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

doofdoof wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
club29 wrote:
GMCbris wrote:
tasboy wrote:
How great to be within a kick at the final siren against a side 10 spots above us on the ladder and be gutted. And legitimately gutted. Because the best team didn't win

It good to feel gutted than happy we got close - I think that shows our expectations are rising from a now competitive Carlton!

They're also 2-3 years ahead in their development

Carl both older and played more games on average.
Carl 9 players under 50 games, Melb 11.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

yes and dare I say it Rowe as well was out and Byrne coming back from knee reco still not fit enough to be considered - carlton according to press don't have injuries in selecting squad but heard chapter and verse all week about Melbournes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Rod Waddell wrote:
club29 wrote:
GMCbris wrote:
tasboy wrote:

Comparing fringe players to keys.

Try lining it up if Carl missed

Gibbs, Murphy, Cripps Docherty Silvagni

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

theox wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
club29 wrote:
GMCbris wrote:
tasboy wrote:

Comparing fringe players to keys.

Try lining it up if Carl missed

Gibbs, Murphy, Cripps Docherty Silvagni

Marchbank a fringe player? Demons didn't lose two prior to half time. Remember Cripps typically torches your club.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Oooh I think we've got a live one here!

:giddy:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Really impressed with the improvements our 2015 draftees Silvagni, Curnow and Cuningham have made this year. Big tick for the development coaches. We'll be going places if SPS, Fisher, Polson, Williamson and Macreadie can do the same next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

Dominator_7 wrote:
Dees have a huge flog factor about them with Oliver, Melksham, Lewis, Viney and Vince just to name a few.

Agree with all of them except for Vince. Seems like a good bloke to me. But I would add Hogan to the flog list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hogan's more of a FIGJAM.

Someone like Kade Simpson would throw out those sort of stats referenced above. He's played nearly 300 by now?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

theox wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
club29 wrote:
tasboy wrote:

They're also 2-3 years ahead in their development

Carl both older and played more games on average.
Carl 9 players under 50 games, Melb 11.[/quote]

I said 2-3 years ahead in their development. I never mentioned overall age or experience which can often be skewed by 2 or 3 players.
For example, Carlton 7 players aged 20 and under v Melbourne 2.

Facts are Bolton took over in 2016 whilst Roos was appointed 2-3 years prior to then was he not?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:30 pm 
Bruce Comben

Hornet wrote:
Chitty wrote:

It wasn't reviewed or changed... one umpire paid a mark and the other said touched and I believe in that situation they revert to the lesser decision.

It was a clear mark...

thanks for the clarification...I missunderstood...was a mark though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next