Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

kingkerna wrote:
Hornet wrote:
I love the kid and he will be a star one day but I don't get why SPS is an automatic selection and not made to come though the reserves, considering how he's struggled since his rising star nomination.

Agree, last chance surely.

They probably see him getting as many touches in the 2s as in the 1s, so why waste time in developing him in a sub standard competition on ordinary grounds with ageing hacks and underdeveloped talent playing against him.

Some players are just as good in the 1s as in the 2s. He will get better delivery and better cover from more competent team mates.

I suspect the coaches are merely playing the long game here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

Not sure if last nights game showed how good we are against Adelaide or how bad the dogs are but I have some confidence. Went to open training today - first time ever and took the 3 kids. Very light muck around as you would expect but the players did the rounds of autographs and photos and up for a bit of a chat. ASOS on the ground early doing some defensive work and light running.
Didn't see SPS at all but apart from that it appeared to be the 22 for tomorrow. My kids were nervous about seeing the players but they were great especially Kruze who has become my 6 year old's favourite. All going tomorrow and I think supporting the blues is now embedded in them. Of course there is a chance it has been the worst parenting move ever and I have just assigned them to a life of winter weekend disappointment but i think I may have timed it well and they are on the cusp of the upside.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

Arnhem blues wrote:
Not sure if last nights game showed how good we are against Adelaide or how bad the dogs are but I have some confidence. Went to open training today - first time ever and took the 3 kids. Very light muck around as you would expect but the players did the rounds of autographs and photos and up for a bit of a chat. ASOS on the ground early doing some defensive work and light running.
Didn't see SPS at all but apart from that it appeared to be the 22 for tomorrow. My kids were nervous about seeing the players but they were great especially Kruze who has become my 6 year old's favourite. All going tomorrow and I think supporting the blues is now embedded in them. Of course there is a chance it has been the worst parenting move ever and I have just assigned them to a life of winter weekend disappointment but i think I may have timed it well and they are on the cusp of the upside.
Go Blues!

:thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SPS was there and signed a few in the forward pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

carntheblues wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
Go Blues!

:thumbsup:

:grin: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heartwarming Arnhem

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

bluehammer wrote:
SPS was there and signed a few in the forward pocket.

Yeah I saw him. I was most excited getting a photo with Bolton :smile:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

deano35 wrote:
After seeing Gibbs and co mentioning that we as a TEAM target oppo players this season i have no doubt that Oliver will be in for some heavy treatment.

Oliver will spend half the game flopping to the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Can't make it today. Can someone boo Lewis & Hogan for me - cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm on it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:19 am 
Rod Ashman

Big test for us today. We have a history of losing to teams missing good players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

17th Premiership wrote:
Big test for us today. We have a history of losing to teams missing good players.

Yep.

This is a real danger game.

None of Hocking, Bairstow or Couch are likely to line up.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:04 am 
Stephen Silvagni

GWS wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Yep.

Plus Kouta is starting on the bench

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:27 am 
Wayne Johnston

GWS wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Yep.

Is Aaron Lord playing?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:38 am 
Harry Vallence

I think we need to settle the @#$%&! down. Their mids would be in our best 22.

Petracca (was a number 2 pick and probably should have been number 1)
Jordan Lewis (premiership champion)
Bernie Vince (one of the best taggers in the league and finds the ball himself)
Oliver (top 10 pick and a ball magnet)
Jake Melksham (a drug cheat who will cheat and do anything outside the rules to win)

It will be tough around the contest.

Last edited by Clayman on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:41 am 
Stephen Silvagni

No idea who to tip, it's killing me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:44 am 
Ken Hands

Arnhem blues wrote:
Go Blues!

Enjoy the day mate, great to see more junior blues coming on board , as you said your timing is just right , the dark days are now a thing of the past and I am certain we are in for a very bright future, plenty of upside this year, don't think they will have to wait to long for a premiership , think we are in with a real chance today so hopefully they get to see a win , blues by 20 points :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:11 am 
Rod Ashman

I hope we are more offensive this week, I thought we were very defensive last week and if we can get the balance right this week we should be good enough to get the 4 points.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue4ever wrote:
I hope we are more offensive this week, I thought we were very defensive last week and if we can get the balance right this week we should be good enough to get the 4 points.

I know what you mean.
Essendon* St Kilda and
Melbourne
Are always offensive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 am 
John Nicholls

bluegirl72 wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:

I know what you mean.
Essendon** St Kilda and
Melbourne
Are always offensive.

Just the highlighted one. No one could be more offensive than that.

Last edited by Taff on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next