Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:59 am 
formerly King Kenny

So is Doc injured or not? Who would take his place?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:08 am 
Stephen Silvagni

The Normal One wrote:
So is Doc injured or not? Who would take his place?

Bolton said thismorning that he's right to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:24 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Advice thx guys.
Taking the family to this game with Auskick tickets in General Admission.
Never purchased in General Admission before, recommendations which gate and how early to get good seats?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:58 pm 
Robert Walls

Blue Vain wrote:
In an ideal world, Jones would play forward today and take his form and confidence with him.
Marchbank or Plowman could play on Riewoldt.
Unfortunately throwing Jones forward could quickly dissolve the confidence he has built up. The mix will be interesting. Personally, I suspect Weitering will play forward on Rance.

The changes look OK to me. Smedts has been solid in the VFL and Pickett has potential. He just needs some composure when he runs with the ball. He's a bit like Yarran. When he accelerates, he tends to lose awareness of the opposition and sometimes runs straight into them.

The interesting match ups will be in our backline. What do they do with Docherty? He'll probably start in the middle but he'll eventually drop behind the ball. Do they send Lambert to him? What do they do with Simmo? Will Smedts play half back?

I'm a big fan of just throwing things around a bit. I said previously that I'd like to see Jones play a 'tagging' role on Rance. Follow Rance as though Rance were a fwd. No pressure to kick goals but to give other forwards the opportunity to do it. Of course, since he's at that end of the ground, he may well have an opportunity to kick one or two.
Part of me doesn't want to upset the applecart with Jones but part of me subscribes to the 'endure' philosophy. Players need to build resilience. maybe he can go for patches, then go back into the backline.
Speaking of 'enduring', SPS follows Cotchin for regular short bursts during the game...noot as a tagger as such; more about learning from an experience player about finding the ball

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Outback Blue wrote:
Advice thx guys.
Never purchased in General Admission before, recommendations which gate and how early to get good seats?

I'd recommend gate 1 behind the goals at the Ponsford/city end (M28-36). Carlton cheer squad end and most of the other GA seating is up top.

Gates open at 1:30pm so if you want to be sure of a good seat in that area, I'd suggest 2pm at the latest.

Make sure you check beforehand though, because they've estimated 65k on the website and they'll end up with a lot more than that. So the GA could change at the last minute.

http://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-c ... on-june-25

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
In an ideal world, Jones would play forward today and take his form and confidence with him.
Unfortunately throwing Jones forward could quickly dissolve the confidence he has built up. The mix will be interesting. Personally, I suspect Weitering will play forward on Rance.

The changes look OK to me. Smedts has been solid in the VFL and Pickett has potential. He just needs some composure when he runs with the ball. He's a bit like Yarran. When he accelerates, he tends to lose awareness of the opposition and sometimes runs straight into them.

The interesting match ups will be in our backline. What do they do with Docherty? He'll probably start in the middle but he'll eventually drop behind the ball. Do they send Lambert to him? What do they do with Simmo? Will Smedts play half back?

I'm a big fan of just throwing things around a bit. I said previously that I'd like to see Jones play a 'tagging' role on Rance. Follow Rance as though Rance were a fwd. No pressure to kick goals but to give other forwards the opportunity to do it. Of course, since he's at that end of the ground, he may well have an opportunity to kick one or two.
Part of me doesn't want to upset the applecart with Jones but part of me subscribes to the 'endure' philosophy. Players need to build resilience. maybe he can go for patches, then go back into the backline.
Speaking of 'enduring', SPS follows Cotchin for regular short bursts during the game...noot as a tagger as such; more about learning from an experience player about finding the ball

I reckon we would be nuts to put liam anywhere near the front half ever -
Ever -ever- ever like Evva again.
Don't mess wifit. It might blow up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
Outback Blue wrote:
Advice thx guys.

I'd recommend gate 1 behind the goals at the Ponsford/city end (M28-36). Carlton cheer squad end and most of the other GA seating is up top.

Gates open at 1:30pm so if you want to be sure of a good seat in that area, I'd suggest 2pm at the latest.

Make sure you check beforehand though, because they've estimated 65k on the website and they'll end up with a lot more than that. So the GA could change at the last minute.

I am heading to the Ponsford Stand. I will be getting there around 2 so should have no trouble getting a seat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Donstuie wrote:
Outback Blue wrote:
Advice thx guys.

Thank you so much Donstuie
We'll be getting there around 2pm.

The young fella did Auskick today at the Coll v Port game.

We were in M27.
Kids were busting to see their beloved Blues from around the same seats...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:10 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

TBH I'm loving this conversation.

Bolton and co have peeled the CLUB back and gone with best practise since.

Anything can work with this flexibility mantra.

You know it looks like that one soldier down, one oldier up mantra.
Except these days we have the 'cattle', thanks to SOS.

Have to add these days, perhaps prematurely (not) MLD and Trigg....and Maclure and Walls......I'm loving everything Carlton these days.

The world is our oyster.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:06 pm 
Rod Ashman

What odds Doc a late out and White in to tag Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

Outback Blue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Outback Blue wrote:
Advice thx guys.

Thank you so much Donstuie
We'll be getting there around 2pm.

The young fella did Auskick today at the Coll v Port game.

We were in M27.
Kids were busting to see their beloved Blues from around the same seats...

Hope you get in without issue and the lads enjoy the day :thumbsup:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:48 pm 
Bob Chitty

Don't say that Des.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Dunno what will happen
But gee ..a 4q super effort would be fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:51 am 
Geoff Southby

Reckon we can roll this mob...................they have about half a dozen real good footballers and thats it.We in fact have more talent for mine.Not only can we win but i reckon a big win is on the cards.Although the young 'uns have been a tad off the boil i am expecting 'em to have big days.Weits and PetSet to star.And i can also see Picket having a blinder and make me eat my words.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:12 am 
Ken Hands

Looking forward to this. Fingers crossed we kick straight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:59 am 
formerly King Kenny

Apparently all 3 emergencies for Richmond aren't playing reserves. Our 3 are:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

No Kerridge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:21 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Kerridge was held back. My mistake.

Maric seems to be playing in the limited vision shown on the stream. Not sure what these commentators were talking about in the lead up.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8