Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:57 am 
Harry Vallence

grrofunger wrote:
Coaches Votes:

GOLD COAST v CARLTON
10 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
8 Sam Docherty (Carl)
5 Kade Simpson (Carl)
3 Liam Jones (Carl)
2 Marc Murphy (Carl)
1 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)
1 Jarryd Lyons (GC)

Ahh the steak knife the Crows were throwing in got a vote!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Fenwick Snap wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Gibbs?

Nah, it's far more important to bag Levi than to celebrate one of the best individual performances in recent memory.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

GreatEx wrote:
Fenwick Snap wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Gibbs?

Nah, it's far more important to bag Levi than to celebrate one of the best individual performances in recent memory.

It's important to both celebrate outstanding performances that enhance the teams' chances of victory and identify poor performances that damages those chances of victory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:40 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Murphy in the coaches votes, what would they know compared to the tc experts eh

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

kingkerna wrote:
Murphy in the coaches votes, what would they know compared to the tc experts eh

Well he got 2 votes from one coach which could have been Eade who seems to have no @#$%&! idea at the moment... :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Actually looking at the votes my guess is this...

Bolton
5. Gibbs
4. Docherty
3. Jones
2. Simpson
1. Kreuzer

Eade
5. Gibbs
4. Docherty
3. Simpson
2. Murphy
1. Lyons

The 5 and 4 votes are a given.

The 1 votes could be interchangeable.

So Jones had to get 3 votes from one coach and I can't believe Bolton wouldn't have given him votes for the job he did on Lynch.

Which means Eade had to give Simpson 3 votes.

Which means Bolts had to give Simpson 2.

Leaving Eade to give Murphy 2.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 pm 
Robert Walls

moshe25 wrote:
99prelim wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He needs support. He played his best when Weitering was playing forward. I feel for him, as he is playing a lone hand. I was frustrated with his performance but I blame the MC just as much for not helping him.

How did Fev do it all those years without support?
Answer: Fev was a natural (gifted) footballer. Cas is an awkward (limited) footballer

How would Weitering have helped Cas with the oof, the dropped mark, the 12 point turnaround pass to a GC player

The defending of Levi on this site is irrational. he has had a better season Tick. His secondary ruckwork is ok Tick
Bottom line is, he's only a ruck cause he's a shithouse FF
Would we be trying Fev in the ruck if he was still playing?

OMG. You're comparing a once in a generation footballer, a dual Coleman Medallist, a guy who won our club goalkicking 7 times in a row, who kicked 99 in one season, and has kicked the third most goals in our history with the second highest goals per game average........ to a good ordinary player who's in the team because currently there's no-one better.

Appreciate him for what he gives, and stop understating every good thing and overstating every bad thing.

It's like the poster who refuses to acknowledge Murphy and Gibbs even when one of them plays close to the best game ever by a Carlton player.

What do we say? :garthp: is how it goes, I think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah Nah Moshe...don't buy it.
"Understating every good thing" = wetting ourselves when he kicks 2 goals in in a game...still averages 1 goal a game after 7 seasons
"Overstating every bad thing" = where do you want to start? Maybe you can start with our list mgt team who valued him so lowly that they weren't prepared to waste good money on a better than average contract

But of course, he's beyond heavy scrutiny because there's no one better

Look forward to just how many suitors come a knockin' on SOS' door later in the year for his services. That will be your best guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Casboult frustrated me in the 3rd so much that I forgot the value he gave us prior to that.

Having watched the game a couple times his first half and in particular the 1stQ when he was our best player imo, he does provide a seriously dangerous target more so than any other player.

Have a look at how we entered the forward line time and time again, Casboult was the target and if he got to them all. They just didn't stick when usually they do. The GCS defence was under immense relentless pressure and when ball hit the ground Cas hit a few. We should have been 6 goals up.

Jaksch could be tried and developed there, but doubt he can bring to the team what Casboult brings. Might change next year with McKay stepping up, and Weiters going forward too when Silvagni returns, and maybe Jaksch, but it cannot be denied Cas is a better relief ruckman than all those mentioned.

I look forward to the day Cas is replaced with someone better...coz that's what I was saying in the 3rd.

Cas alone wasn't the cause of our fade out in the 3rd. We're doing o
Allright with Cas in the team thus far....I'm ok with that...for 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:45 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
Casboult frustrated me in the 3rd so much that I forgot the value he gave us prior to that.

Having watched the game a couple times his first half and in particular the 1stQ when he was our best player imo, he does provide a seriously dangerous target more so than any other player.

Have a look at how we entered the forward line time and time again, Casboult was the target and if he got to them all. They just didn't stick when usually they do. The GCS defence was under immense relentless pressure and when ball hit the ground Cas hit a few. We should have been 6 goals up.

Jaksch could be tried and developed there, but doubt he can bring to the team what Casboult brings. Might change next year with McKay stepping up, and Weiters going forward too when Silvagni returns, and maybe Jaksch, but it cannot be denied Cas is a better relief ruckman than all those mentioned.

I look forward to the day Cas is replaced with someone better...coz that's what I was saying in the 3rd.

Cas alone wasn't the cause of our fade out in the 3rd. We're doing o
Allright with Cas in the team thus far....I'm ok with that...for 2017.

This is not a push for KJ post as I've officially given up on him getting a chance, but seriously, how would we flowering know what he can or cannot bring to the seniors if he's not played there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Especially with how shit we've been eh

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:06 pm 
Robert Walls

kingkerna wrote:
Especially with how shit we've been eh

Yep...challenging for top 4
Wouldn't want to upset the equilibrium of the team as we march into September
With the lowest scoring of any club, your view obviously is " if it aint broken beyond recognition, don't fix it"
Hopefully we'll have a breakout game this year and actually score 100 points

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11