Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The_Wookie wrote:

Thanks Wookie.
I hang out for your posts every Monday and every Tuesday morning. You're a star.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:09 am 
Harry Vallence

Gee that Cornes guy is a flower, isn't he...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:21 am 
Harry Vallence

club29 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Crippa wrote:

Damn you quoted me before I edited. Haha. Softened it a bit to sound less annoying.

I disagree there had been bugger all improvement over the last 5 years. His kicking despite last night has been significantly better and his ruck craft has also improved. KJ has dropped his impact significantly even at VFL level and Kerr and McKay still need more time (both looks to be great for our future). None of those 3 can match Bolts work around the ground in marking or even crashing packs and definitely not in the ruck. So swapping any of them in will be a significant loss for us.

Yep. His given up. Going through the motions. Don't blame him.

Bolton has to have a reason.

The fact he has given up and isn't doing all he can to change the view of him is a good hint at the reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:27 am 
Harry Vallence

Casboult was best on ground in that first quarter. Took marks cleanly in conditions that didn't allow for it to be easy at all, crashed packs, worked hard up the ground to be the bail out kick, and was instrumental or at least involved in most of our goals for the quarter, whether it be splitting the pack, a smart handball, etc.

Completely agree that the missed pass and ensuing goal at the other end was the first of two turning points in the match (Barlow going down the other), but worry about how consistently our talls other than Kreuzer go missing in the second half/run out of petrol tickets. Set shots look a lot more ordinary late in the game from Curnow and Casboult, and think fitness loading a big issue. I wouldn't be surprised if Weitering's GPS print outs in the 3rd/4th quarters throughout the season aren't quite where the club want him to be either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am 
Wayne Johnston

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Casboult was best on ground in that first quarter. Took marks cleanly in conditions that didn't allow for it to be easy at all, crashed packs, worked hard up the ground to be the bail out kick, and was instrumental or at least involved in most of our goals for the quarter, whether it be splitting the pack, a smart handball, etc.

Completely agree that the missed pass and ensuing goal at the other end was the first of two turning points in the match (Barlow going down the other), but worry about how consistently our talls other than Kreuzer go missing in the second half/run out of petrol tickets. Set shots look a lot more ordinary late in the game from Curnow and Casboult, and think fitness loading a big issue. I wouldn't be surprised if Weitering's GPS print outs in the 3rd/4th quarters throughout the season aren't quite where the club want him to be either.

Cazzy went hard early but looked out of energy late in the first. After that his involvement was minimal and unfortunately mainly had a negative effect on our chances of winning. We need better consistent performances from the big man.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:52 am 
Harry Vallence

Fev just a phone call away!!!

Someone make that call

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

Thanks Wookie. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

nck wrote:
club29 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Crippa wrote:

Damn you quoted me before I edited. Haha. Softened it a bit to sound less annoying.

I disagree there had been bugger all improvement over the last 5 years. His kicking despite last night has been significantly better and his ruck craft has also improved. KJ has dropped his impact significantly even at VFL level and Kerr and McKay still need more time (both looks to be great for our future). None of those 3 can match Bolts work around the ground in marking or even crashing packs and definitely not in the ruck. So swapping any of them in will be a significant loss for us.

Yep. His given up. Going through the motions. Don't blame him.

Bolton has to have a reason.

The fact he has given up and isn't doing all he can to change the view of him is a good hint at the reason.

so it's fact now huh ?

lol...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

famousblueraincoat wrote:

The flower gene is very heritable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

famousblueraincoat wrote:

What's more, he's change his tune completely.
After the failed Adelaide trade, Gibbs wasn't worth what Carlton wanted. He was to stay as an "unregistered dog"
Now they should have paid a first rounder and a future first. I thought Cornes had potential early days as a commentator. But no, he's just a @#$%&! wit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:27 pm 
Horrie Clover

AGRO wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Lets not jump on Bolt. I was frustrated by his miss from directly in front. But Kruze missed two
easy ones last week and I think maybe another one tonight? Charlie missed a sitter from in front. It's all ok so we don't need to get to harsh on Levi. The one big spray was from the boundary outside 50. He did a million other suburb things around the ground all night. Halved his one on ones. Took some good grabs. Got to contests he had no right to get to. Rucked well.

Like him I think you've missed one.

The sitter of a mark my dead grandmother could have taken in the last quarter.

:mad:

He was worrying about the shot at goal before he completed the mark, his confidence in kicking was shot after he missed his first one

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

99prelim wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He needs support. He played his best when Weitering was playing forward. I feel for him, as he is playing a lone hand. I was frustrated with his performance but I blame the MC just as much for not helping him.

How did Fev do it all those years without support?
Answer: Fev was a natural (gifted) footballer. Cas is an awkward (limited) footballer

How would Weitering have helped Cas with the oof, the dropped mark, the 12 point turnaround pass to a GC player

The defending of Levi on this site is irrational. he has had a better season Tick. His secondary ruckwork is ok Tick
Bottom line is, he's only a ruck cause he's a shithouse FF
Would we be trying Fev in the ruck if he was still playing?

No, you wouldn't ever play Fev in the ruck. He was only 191cm. What Casboult would do though is play as the 2nd key forward and ruck. We know ev was a superstar capable of kicking near 100 goals. Levi is a decent, but limited footballer who can play a role, in his case two roles in one. Stupid idea to try any form of comparison.

He's in the ruck because he can play two roles pretty well. Kreuzer and Casboult have been our best ruck combo for the last few years. We are getting alot of value of both, especially Kreuzer, up and around the ground. Kreuzer thrives for some reason with Levi. Contrast that with the absolute nothing we got when Kreuzer was paired with Phillips last year.

Casboult's marking, work around contests and crashing packs when he couldn't mark were very good the other night. He took 8 very strong marks. That first qtr kick to Thomas that resulted in a goal was brilliant. We saw the frustrating side too in the 2nd half but take him out and see how much we miss him.

Some need to watch the game a little more rather than watching with their agenda. Too many supporters focus on the bad and forget the good. Often the positives outweigh the negatives.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
99prelim wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He needs support. He played his best when Weitering was playing forward. I feel for him, as he is playing a lone hand. I was frustrated with his performance but I blame the MC just as much for not helping him.

Answer: Fev was a natural (gifted) footballer. Cas is an awkward (limited) footballer

How would Weitering have helped Cas with the oof, the dropped mark, the 12 point turnaround pass to a GC player

The defending of Levi on this site is irrational. he has had a better season Tick. His secondary ruckwork is ok Tick

No, you wouldn't ever play Fev in the ruck. He was only 191cm. What Casboult would do though is play as the 2nd key forward and ruck. We know ev was a superstar capable of kicking near 100 goals. Levi is a decent, but limited footballer who can play a role, in his case two roles in one. Stupid idea to try any form of comparison.

He's in the ruck because he can play two roles pretty well. Kreuzer and Casboult have been our best ruck combo for the last few years. We are getting alot of value of both, especially Kreuzer, up and around the ground. Kreuzer thrives for some reason with Levi. Contrast that with the absolute nothing we got when Kreuzer was paired with Phillips last year.

Casboult's marking, work around contests and crashing packs when he couldn't mark were very good the other night. That first qtr kick to Thomas that resulted in a goal was brilliant. We saw the frustrating side too in the 2nd half but take him out and see how much we miss him.

Some need to watch the game a little more rather than watching with their agenda.

He misses to many easy goals he should be eating up.
Nobody can help him with this .
When you get an opportunity 25 to 30 out directly in front you should not miss and he misses to many.
You will never make the pro circuit if you smack a 300 metre drive and keep missing 3 foot putts.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

Crippa wrote:
What did everybody think of Blain's first game of the year?

Not a fan,but i gotta say he did pretty well.............credit where credit's due.Reckon he has to hold his place in the side on that performance...............reckon Boeky and Liam are a credit to there hard work and dedication.I'm happy to eat humble pie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sam Landsberger Verified account @SamLandsberger 1m1 minute ago

Round 13 Rising Star - Jack Silvagni

Blues make AFL history. No club has ever won four nominations by Round 13, with Curnow to come.
1 reply 3 retweets 1 like

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

Arrived home late this afternoon from the Gold Coast.
I flew up Saturday morning and had the who's who of the AFL world on my plane.
Andy McKay was sitting a couple of rows in front of me. Hamish McLachlan and his wife were sitting in the same row, four of the umpires were on the plane. One sat directly in front of me and asked him to look after us, he wanted to know where we were sitting so he wouldnt make a mistake in front of me. And then just to really make my day I had Geoff Southby sitting behind me.
The game was pretty enjoyable, with a large contingent of Carlton supporters who out numbered the Suns supporters.
It was quite warm and slippery as there had been some rain.
I thought we were gone when the Suns hit the front and as bad as this sounds Barlow getting injured changed the momentum.
It was great catching the shuttle bus home with lots of Carlton supporters singing the song.
The AFL must be concerned with the lack of crowds at the games. If it wasnt for the opposition supporters making the trip there would be no one there.
Just heard that young Jack got the rising star nomination and thought he played a good game and kicked two crucial goals in that last quarter.
Go blues.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
Arrived home late this afternoon from the Gold Coast.
I flew up Saturday morning and had the who's who of the AFL world on my plane.
Andy McKay was sitting a couple of rows in front of me. Hamish McLachlan and his wife were sitting in the same row, four of the umpires were on the plane. One sat directly in front of me and asked him to look after us, he wanted to know where we were sitting so he wouldnt make a mistake in front of me. And then just to really make my day I had Geoff Southby sitting behind me.
The game was pretty enjoyable, with a large contingent of Carlton supporters who out numbered the Suns supporters.
It was quite warm and slippery as there had been some rain.
I thought we were gone when the Suns hit the front and as bad as this sounds Barlow getting injured changed the momentum.
It was great catching the shuttle bus home with lots of Carlton supporters singing the song.
The AFL must be concerned with the lack of crowds at the games. If it wasnt for the opposition supporters making the trip there would be no one there.
Just heard that young Jack got the rising star nomination and thought he played a good game and kicked two crucial goals in that last quarter.
Go blues.

:thumbsup:

I had a similar experience last year except it was the Brisbane game... Not so much singing on the way home ;)

Same. If it wasn't for the Blues supporters, it would have been an empty Gabba...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

Coaches Votes:

GOLD COAST v CARLTON
10 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
8 Sam Docherty (Carl)
5 Kade Simpson (Carl)
3 Liam Jones (Carl)
2 Marc Murphy (Carl)
1 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)
1 Jarryd Lyons (GC)

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 am 
John James

Has anyone mentioned Gibbs?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
jim wrote:
99prelim wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Casboult's marking, work around contests and crashing packs when he couldn't mark were very good the other night. That first qtr kick to Thomas that resulted in a goal was brilliant. We saw the frustrating side too in the 2nd half but take him out and see how much we miss him.

Some need to watch the game a little more rather than watching with their agenda.

He misses to many easy goals he should be eating up.
Nobody can help him with this .
When you get an opportunity 25 to 30 out directly in front you should not miss and he misses to many.
You will never make the pro circuit if you smack a 300 metre drive and keep missing 3 foot putts.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are you still talking about Levi or have you changed to Murphy?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next