Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

sstormin123 wrote:
jim wrote:
club29 wrote:
For whatever reason when Casboult makes one of his mistakes the opposition seem to always make us pay.
Apart from the first 10mins it was not a good game from him.

8 strong marks and crashing alot of packs to create contests not a good game. The kicking and the turnover probably cost him being in the best players.

That's the reason he's in the team. His job is to hit the packs hard. It's crucial and at the moment, he's the only one who can do it for us.

Harry more of a lead up type, will be 3 years before he can consistently do that.

His kicking was really poor, really cost us - but he was crucial in breaking the packs open and providing a really strong contest all night, whilst providing decent ruck support for Matty K.

Yes, we need him while the likes of Harry and Charlie develop. I thought he was cooked last year, but he appears to be a little lighter, is moving better and is getting to more contests this season. His ruckwork looks to have improved too. I'd like to see someone running past for the handball nearly ever time he takes a mark though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

cortez wrote:
sstormin123 wrote:
jim wrote:
club29 wrote:
For whatever reason when Casboult makes one of his mistakes the opposition seem to always make us pay.

8 strong marks and crashing alot of packs to create contests not a good game. The kicking and the turnover probably cost him being in the best players.

That's the reason he's in the team. His job is to hit the packs hard. It's crucial and at the moment, he's the only one who can do it for us.

Harry more of a lead up type, will be 3 years before he can consistently do that.

His kicking was really poor, really cost us - but he was crucial in breaking the packs open and providing a really strong contest all night, whilst providing decent ruck support for Matty K.

Yes, we need him while the likes of Harry and Charlie develop. I thought he was cooked last year, but he appears to be a little lighter, is moving better and is getting to more contests this season. His ruckwork looks to have improved too. I'd like to see someone running past for the handball nearly ever time he takes a mark though.

Levi's performance last night was insipid and sub afl standard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

About as sub-standard and insipids as Tom Lynch.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:20 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Michael Jezz wrote:
cortez wrote:
sstormin123 wrote:
jim wrote:
club29 wrote:

I thought he was great in the first few minutes. Did the job as best as it could be done. Towards the end of the first quarter you could see he had run out of puff. His second quarter was terrible and only real impact was that mis-connection with Krooze that was sub standard.
His third was a disaster. Absolute disaster. His last was not great but he did halve a few important contests.
I felt for the big lug when i saw him in the rooms after the game looking devastated. It is like every game for him is a chance to win a house and last night was a step in the wrong direction.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:33 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
How many times have you seen Casboult give off the handball after a mark? I can't remember one at all.
Perhaps we should be keep his assets and minimise his deficiencies a bit more instead of throwing him in the bin.

he should go back to the 2's to work on his deficiencies like everyone else, but no he's special so he stays in the 1's

The match committee and coach are making great decisions with every other selection so I'm sure he is doing a fantastic job overall despite last nights turnovers and is extremely valuable to our structure and team.

Good suggestion from BV to not over stretch. Play within his strengths.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
How many times have you seen Casboult give off the handball after a mark? I can't remember one at all.
Perhaps we should be keep his assets and minimise his deficiencies a bit more instead of throwing him in the bin.

he should go back to the 2's to work on his deficiencies like everyone else, but no he's special so he stays in the 1's

Hmmm I wonder what's more likely. He deserves to be in the 2's but is kept in the 1's for no good reason by a match committee and coach making great decisions with every other selection OOORRR he is doing a fantastic job overall despite last nights turnovers and is extremely valuable to our structure and team.

Thankfully the MC and coach see what some here can't. I stress "some" as I've also read people balancing their frustration (which i share) with the good stuff he delivers for us.

BV's suggested tweak to play to his strengths has merit.

We are supposed to be about developing a team that is capable of making the finals.
Casboult is not going to develop anymore than he has already. There has been bugger all improvement in him in the last 5 years.
Time to move on and develop someone else.
KJ , Kerr or Mackay we have nothing to lose we have seen enough of Levi to know his capabilities

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He needs support. He played his best when Weitering was playing forward. I feel for him, as he is playing a lone hand. I was frustrated with his performance but I blame the MC just as much for not helping him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

Michael Jezz wrote:
cortez wrote:
sstormin123 wrote:
jim wrote:
club29 wrote:

I have never played Dream Team so don't shoot me if the following question is silly. But isn't the DT points meant to be a summary of a players performance? Bolts score was 18th out of the 44 players last night. Surely that's hardly insipid and sub AFL standard? Unless you want 60% of last nights players dropped?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm 
Wayne Johnston

SurreyBlue wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He needs support. He played his best when Weitering was playing forward. I feel for him, as he is playing a lone hand. I was frustrated with his performance but I blame the MC just as much for not helping him.

But as a team we play better with only one tall forward and Jack. Allows us to be more mobile and apply our pressure and hardness for longer. We shouldn't adjust that because of Casboult stuff ups. He was poor last night because of the same things that have haunted him all his career.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:51 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Hmmm I wonder what's more likely. He deserves to be in the 2's but is kept in the 1's for no good reason by a match committee and coach making great decisions with every other selection OOORRR he is doing a fantastic job overall despite last nights turnovers and is extremely valuable to our structure and team.

Thankfully the MC and coach see what some here can't. I stress "some" as I've also read people balancing their frustration (which i share) with the good stuff he delivers for us.

BV's suggested tweak to play to his strengths has merit.

We are supposed to be about developing a team that is capable of making the finals.
Casboult is not going to develop anymore than he has already. There has been bugger all improvement in him in the last 5 years.
Time to move on and develop someone else.
KJ , Kerr or Mackay we have nothing to lose we have seen enough of Levi to know his capabilities

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Damn you quoted me before I edited. Haha. Softened it a bit to sound less annoying.

I disagree there had been bugger all improvement over the last 5 years. His kicking despite last night has been significantly better and his ruck craft has also improved. KJ has dropped his impact significantly even at VFL level and Kerr and McKay still need more time (both looks to be great for our future). None of those 3 can match Bolts work around the ground in marking or even crashing packs and definitely not in the ruck. So swapping any of them in will be a significant loss for us.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

Don't agree club. SOJ isn't a KP player yet. Neither is Curnow.
You must play at least 2 KP players forward. You will struggle to kick a winning score more often than not, without 2. Most top 8 teams have 2 or 3.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:54 pm 
Bob Chitty

What did everybody think of Blain's first game of the year?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:57 pm 
Bob Chitty

SurreyBlue wrote:

I hadn't noticed that. I think you're correct.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

Crippa wrote:

Damn you quoted me before I edited. Haha. Softened it a bit to sound less annoying.

I disagree there had been bugger all improvement over the last 5 years. His kicking despite last night has been significantly better and his ruck craft has also improved. KJ has dropped his impact significantly even at VFL level and Kerr and McKay still need more time (both looks to be great for our future). None of those 3 can match Bolts work around the ground in marking or even crashing packs and definitely not in the ruck. So swapping any of them in will be a significant loss for us.

Yep. His given up. Going through the motions. Don't blame him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 pm 
Wayne Johnston

SurreyBlue wrote:
Don't agree club. SOJ isn't a KP player yet. Neither is Curnow.
You must play at least 2 KP players forward. You will struggle to kick a winning score more often than not, without 2. Most top 8 teams have 2 or 3.

You may be correct in saying we need 2 to go all the way but we play better with one at the moment and we shouldn't have to change that so that Casboult doesnt stuff up his passes , drop chest marks or kick for goal with his shin.

He has been better this year and he has improved in the areas that bothered me about his game. He is kicking the odd goal in general play, getting loose ball gets and taking marks where he has got separation from his opponent. This is all new for him and a great improvement. ... but last night was a shocker after his great first 15mins.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 pm 
Wayne Johnston

SurreyBlue wrote:
Crippa wrote:

Yep. His given up. Going through the motions. Don't blame him.

Bolton has to have a reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:16 pm 
Robert Walls

SurreyBlue wrote:

How did Fev do it all those years without support?
Answer: Fev was a natural (gifted) footballer. Cas is an awkward (limited) footballer

How would Weitering have helped Cas with the oof, the dropped mark, the 12 point turnaround pass to a GC player

The defending of Levi on this site is irrational. he has had a better season Tick. His secondary ruckwork is ok Tick
Bottom line is, he's only a ruck cause he's a shithouse FF
Would we be trying Fev in the ruck if he was still playing?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:25 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

99prelim wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

How did Fev do it all those years without support?
Answer: Fev was a natural (gifted) footballer. Cas is an awkward (limited) footballer

How would Weitering have helped Cas with the oof, the dropped mark, the 12 point turnaround pass to a GC player

The defending of Levi on this site is irrational. he has had a better season Tick. His secondary ruckwork is ok Tick
Bottom line is, he's only a ruck cause he's a shithouse FF
Would we be trying Fev in the ruck if he was still playing?

OMG. You're comparing a once in a generation footballer, a dual Coleman Medallist, a guy who won our club goalkicking 7 times in a row, who kicked 99 in one season, and has kicked the third most goals in our history with the second highest goals per game average........ to a good ordinary player who's in the team because currently there's no-one better.

Appreciate him for what he gives, and stop understating every good thing and overstating every bad thing.

It's like the poster who refuses to acknowledge Murphy and Gibbs even when one of them plays close to the best game ever by a Carlton player.

What do we say? :garthp: is how it goes, I think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYE9NrmzrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcdGyUGZxg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 am 
Bruce Comben

Sin City wrote:
Hasn't been a better game from a Carlton player since we had Diesel. Please stay Bryce.

Hey Rip Van Winkle, welcome back. You've missed a lot of good football (and footballers).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next