Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

fmurphy30 wrote:
Great effort from Gibbs. Seriously underappreciated talent.

Imagine the vitriol on here if he had been traded and was producing this for the Crows.

If Gibbs was producing this at the Crows they'd probably be looking at a flag.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
This feels good.

IIIIII KNOW......

makes me want to go to Rathdowne st
for breakfast...get the papers...smash
some avocado and drink coffee...!

i won't...clearly...can't be £#@&ed...but if i
could be £#@&ed...that's something i
feel i could possibly do...!

under said circumstances...!

kindest regards tommi

:lol: just do it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:56 pm 
John Nicholls

sammywaslow wrote:
If one more Carlton player runs into an open goal and tries to dribble it through instead of just KICKING it I swear I'll projectile vomit all over the TV then wipe it down with my y-fronts then vomit again.

Why coaches are condoning that is beyond me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 pm 
Robert Walls

Heavs wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Kreuzer was immense again? No love in the MVP voting

The last ten minutes of the match his work rate was phenomenal. Rucking, roving, tackling and then dropping back as well. Very noticeable when he is off the ground tonight how we miss his intensity.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

fmurphy30 wrote:

Imagine the vitriol on here if he had been traded and was producing this for the Crows.

Lots of good players tonight. Not worth focusing on negatives.

If Kreuzer continues this form, he will be a smokey for AA. Doc should be a lock!

Couldn't agree more. Krooze must be AA team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Injuries happen in footy and teams regularly win games while one or more players down.

How miserable do you have to be to say "Yeah, nah, we only won because X was injured"?

It sucks, but unfortunately the way the game was panning out, I can't see us winning without that break in play.

Sure, both teams had to adjust and we did so better, but this is still an unfortunate reality.

That said we've played them twice now and were the better side for 6 out of 8 quarters.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:01 pm 
Bob Chitty

Lets not jump on Bolt. I was frustrated by his miss from directly in front. But Kruze missed two
easy ones last week and I think maybe another one tonight? Charlie missed a sitter from in front. It's all ok so we don't need to get to harsh on Levi. The one big spray was from the boundary outside 50. He did a million other suburb things around the ground all night. Halved his one on ones. Took some good grabs. Got to contests he had no right to get to. Rucked well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Lets not jump on Bolt. I was frustrated by his miss from directly in front. But Kruze missed two
easy ones last week and I think maybe another one tonight? Charlie missed a sitter from in front. It's all ok so we don't need to get to harsh on Levi. The one big spray was from the boundary outside 50. He did a million other suburb things around the ground all night. Halved his one on ones. Took some good grabs. Got to contests he had no right to get to. Rucked well.

Like him I think you've missed one.

The sitter of a mark my dead grandmother could have taken in the last quarter.

:mad:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 pm 
John Nicholls

AGRO wrote:
Crippa wrote:

It was actually quite funny! Dumb but funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Taff wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Crippa wrote:

It was actually quite funny! Dumb but funny.

Prone to missing the odd easy one is Casboult.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:08 pm 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
Crippa wrote:

And the pass to Jack... Had 3 options and picked out a GC player.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Casboult was very frustrating tonight. He can take a mark though....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:14 pm 
Bob Chitty

toddkurnski wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Crippa wrote:

Yeah I was pulling my hair out with both those two also. But still love what he gives us. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:14 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MIL wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
tommi wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
This feels good.

IIIIII KNOW......

makes me want to go to Rathdowne st
for breakfast...get the papers...smash
some avocado and drink coffee...!

i won't...clearly...can't be £#@&ed...but if i
could be £#@&ed...that's something i
feel i could possibly do...!

under said circumstances...!

kindest regards tommi

I might go into my yard and pick some avocado, have a coffee and read the local papers.
Unfortunately they are in Spanish and nothing about the AFL.
At least the avos are fresh and the coffee...
Delicious

Where are you BS per favore' ?

Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

The mental strength to come back after being headed and pull away was fantastic, gee it's an emotional roller coaster following this team though. In the last quarter I went from head in hands despair to doing laps of the lounge room cheering after that last goal, just as well the wife wasn't home!

Hard to criticise anyone tonight, even Levi, he worked hard. I'd like to know what's wrong with kicking a drop punt over the umpires hat when you're running in to an open goal. Thinking of Charlie here, but gee I reckon he's going to be a superstar. Then there's Jones, only two games I know, but what a difference he's making down back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blueboy_Dan wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Injuries happen in footy and teams regularly win games while one or more players down.

How miserable do you have to be to say "Yeah, nah, we only won because X was injured"?

Oh lord, at the risk of hijacking this thread.....

It's an observation of what happened. We benefitted from an injury which completely stopped the play and allowed both team to huddle together for a few minutes to regroup. That's much more significant than a player coming off the ground injured and play continuing uninterrupted.

Stop reading into things so much.

Great post, this.
At the time, I had just posted that we were spent.
During the break while he was being taken off, I reckon we sucked in enough air to get us through the last ten minutes or so. It was like an extra 18 subs but all at once.
Yes, they did the same but we were better on the night until fatigue started to catch us and we got the edge back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

toddkurnski wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Crippa wrote:

0 goals 3 behinds and one complete shank on the full
Dropped a sitter
2 costly turn overs and about 4 missed tackles.
It doesn't stink any more than that.
He is a 1 game in 4 player .
He has stunk the last 3.
Big game next week against tiges.
Anyone want to back him against Rance. Not likely.

On a positive note best game I have seen Gibbs play.
And young Jack just keeps growing in confidence.
Kruezer is a star
Love Matty Wright and Lamb kicked the sealer 2 weeks running.

Loving this winning stuff

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm 
Garry Crane

Liam Jones - now 220 minutes since he has had a goal against him

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blueboy_Dan wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Wojee wrote:

It sucks, but unfortunately the way the game was panning out, I can't see us winning without that break in play.

Sure, both teams had to adjust and we did so better, but this is still an unfortunate reality.

:thumbsup: thanks, I wasn't deliberately trying to be a downer.

I think we're tracking even better than last season, I see a lot of positives.

WAY better than last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:40 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

fmurphy30 wrote:

Lots of good players tonight. Not worth focusing on negatives.

If Kreuzer continues this form, he will be a smokey for AA. Doc should be a lock!

I reckon Kreuz has to be more than a smokey. His last month has been the best ruckman in the comp and career best form. In a year of no outstanding consistent ruckmen, Kreuz is the man.

And just on Casboult, he was so frustrating tonight with the missed goals, poor passing, and ridiculous dropped mark. He lost all confidence and was a massive momentum killer. Buuuuttt... Do not underestimate the value he offers in the contest. He works up and down the ground as hard as anyone in the team. He crashes pack after pack. He takes great contested marks. And he hurts opponents. He smashed Steven May and Tom Lynch tonight and genuinely hurt them.

Oh and Gibbs game tonight was exceptional. One of the great individual games you'll ever see from a player and proving why we were completely justified in telling Adelaide to stick their offensive trade offer up their arse.

We are a young inexperienced team on the rise. The kids keep improving. They have some fadeouts at times, which you expect of a team in this situation. It's bloody frustrating. But @#$%&! exciting too. Go Blue boys. There is something happening at Princes Park. I can't wait to see what's coming in the next couple of years

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next