Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Dominator_7 wrote:
Levi should be left to seek other opportunities at the End if the year. Enough is enough. Could've cost us two wins in the last two weeks with his bad kicking if others did t pick up the slack.
The rebirth of Liam Jones continues.
Those dribble shots at goal.... grrrrr.
Gibbs has been a gun this year. If he still wants to leave, Crows now know they have to pay big.
Murph needs to clean up his disposal.
SOS had one of his best games for us.
Simms could quite conseivebly do a Bradles and play deep into his 30s.
Doc, just give him his AA spot already. Gun!!
Kreuzberg, career best year I reckon. Heart and Soul.

Remember Levi's role is as a forward/ruck, a role he is terrific at with his marking around the ground. His marking last night was outstanding and when he wasn't he wasn't smashing packs creating contests. We know he kicked badly, turned one over that cost a goal and dropped a pud of a chest mark but he also hit Thomas with that beautiful kick in the first qtr that resulted in a goal. We need a 2nd forward in the side so Levi can focus on being just a 2nd forward and ruck. I'd be picking Jaksch for that until McKay is ready. Jaksch is an outstanding mark and a beautiful kick at goal. Just needs to be more intense, which is probably keeping him out of the side.

Need to take the overall game into account not just focus on the bad stuff. Much of that was very good. He work with Kreuzer this year has been terrific. Kreuzer's thrived, Casboult takes marks, that provides alot of value on ball around the ground. Overall, we'd be worse off without Levi given his current role.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

club29 wrote:
For whatever reason when Casboult makes one of his mistakes the opposition seem to always make us pay.
Apart from the first 10mins it was not a good game from him.

8 strong marks and crashing alot of packs to create contests not a good game. The kicking and the turnover probably cost him being in the best players.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:35 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Weitering finished with a free kick against for the second week running. This time out on the full, but close to the exact same spot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Jonosc wrote:
Gibbs and jones huge. Everyone did their job, even levi. We all have bad nights big man.

Levi almost single handedly cost us the game!!!
bad kicking for goal
poor field kicking
dropped a sitter
couldn't clunk any contested marks
He needs to go to SOS and take any offer we give him. He will not make any other team a better team

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

jim wrote:
club29 wrote:
For whatever reason when Casboult makes one of his mistakes the opposition seem to always make us pay.

8 strong marks and crashing alot of packs to create contests not a good game. The kicking and the turnover probably cost him being in the best players.

That's the reason he's in the team. His job is to hit the packs hard. It's crucial and at the moment, he's the only one who can do it for us.

Harry more of a lead up type, will be 3 years before he can consistently do that.

His kicking was really poor, really cost us - but he was crucial in breaking the packs open and providing a really strong contest all night, whilst providing decent ruck support for Matty K.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:30 pm 
Ken Hands

The_Cranium wrote:
fmurphy30 wrote:
Great effort from Gibbs. Seriously underappreciated talent.

Imagine the vitriol on here if he had been traded and was producing this for the Crows.

Lots of good players tonight. Not worth focusing on negatives.

If Kreuzer continues this form, he will be a smokey for AA. Doc should be a lock!

I reckon Kreuz has to be more than a smokey. His last month has been the best ruckman in the comp and career best form. In a year of no outstanding consistent ruckmen, Kreuz is the man.

And just on Casboult, he was so frustrating tonight with the missed goals, poor passing, and ridiculous dropped mark. He lost all confidence and was a massive momentum killer. Buuuuttt... Do not underestimate the value he offers in the contest. He works up and down the ground as hard as anyone in the team. He crashes pack after pack. He takes great contested marks. And he hurts opponents. He smashed Steven May and Tom Lynch tonight and genuinely hurt them.

Oh and Gibbs game tonight was exceptional. One of the great individual games you'll ever see from a player and proving why we were completely justified in telling Adelaide to stick their offensive trade offer up their arse.

We are a young inexperienced team on the rise. The kids keep improving. They have some fadeouts at times, which you expect of a team in this situation. It's bloody frustrating. But @#$%&! exciting too. Go Blue boys. There is something happening at Princes Park. I can't wait to see what's coming in the next couple of years

Great post , the next couple of years we are going to build into an awesome side that every team will fear and most importantly RESPECT , something we haven't been able to say for a long time , it's great to see competition for spots as well, with Kerr , McKay and others waiting in wings it's something we have not had in a long time , keep rewarding players for efforts and with good draft picks the only way is up , once again it's great to be a bluebagger , we are on our way, go you mighty blue boys :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Young coach. Premiership nobody expected. From lowly position in the 8.

This is the year.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:49 pm 
Robert Walls

That wasn't Paganite, was it? Who was it? Man I loved his shit. There's been some characters in these forums.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blueman.......

i miss him...i really dug where he was coming
from too...interesting cat...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Need to start WW3 for blueman's prophecy to come true.

Ducks might be lining up after all...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:

This is the year.

did cross my mind...
time of war....
pretty much.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

But......

we need Bolts to start wearing glasses...
our couch has glasses...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
But......

kindest regards tommi

Your couch has eyes?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

GWS wrote:
Need to start WW3 for blueman's prophecy to come true.

Ducks might be lining up after all...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Albert Einstein.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

GWS wrote:
tommi wrote:
But......

kindest regards tommi

Your couch has eyes?

Hmmm......

so the dog's sitting on the coach...I'm
beginning to see my problem...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
How many times have you seen Casboult give off the handball after a mark? I can't remember one at all.
Perhaps we should be keep his assets and minimise his deficiencies a bit more instead of throwing him in the bin.

he should go back to the 2's to work on his deficiencies like everyone else, but no he's special so he stays in the 1's

His deficiencies which seem to get everyone hot under the collar is one: his kicking; we all know it, he knows it and all the coaches know it. No point putting him into the 2's to practise it. He does that at training during the week under the guidance of S.Rocca. His technical issue with kicking means that wet and slippery conditions only make it more difficult for him, so it is not surprising his kicking was the worst it has been all year last night. But to suggest that he be put in the 2's because of his kicking is biting off your nose to spite your face. It will only make the side worse. It doesn't take into account all the benefits the team gets from his presence. He regularly provides the lead up target for a release kick out of defence. The ball is then chipped around while he runs hard into the forward line and provides the target for a long kick in. He then crashes the pack (which we have no other player who can do this) providing numerous opportunities for others to kick goals, if he doesn't mark it. He is rated as the best contested mark in the AFL, is quick for a big bloke and busts his gut doing everything the coaches ask of him for the team every week. And that is why he won't be dropped. Nothing to do with being special

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
club29 wrote:

In the overall context of the game - he was actually better than Tom Lynch.

I lost my shit in the last quarter when he dropped that chest mark, but Tom Lynch dropped a sitter too.

In the cool light of day, basking in the warm afterglow of another win and a beautiful Sunday afternoon, Levi is currently irreplaceable in out current structure.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 pm 
Horrie Clover

bluegirl72 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

This is the year.

did cross my mind...
time of war....
pretty much.

may i also add......

very young team.
bryce gibbs arrives as an elite player.
carlton has a lot of luck with injuries.
very even year.
and um, plowman kicks a game changing goal running off half back. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I'm so looking forward to anhilating Hawthorn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next