Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:10 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Went to the game last night - clearly more Carlton supporters than Gold Coast at the ground.

To be honest I thought Gold Coast were pretty ordinary however I thought our back 6 was very solid and we've definitely found ourselves a new "gorilla keeper" in Jones.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Swamp‏ @sirswampthing

Players with at least 40 touches, 10 tackles and 2 goals in a game
BRYCE GIBBS
That is all

Not bad for an unregistered dog. :thumbsup:

As for the criticism of Murphy, yes he's playing bruise free footy at the moment but I suspect he's carrying an injury. He's played very little footy in the middle for a few weeks now. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Plus 31 possessions and 3 tackles is still worth holding his spot. :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:53 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:
Swamp‏ @sirswampthing

Players with at least 40 touches, 10 tackles and 2 goals in a game
BRYCE GIBBS
That is all

Not bad for an unregistered dog. :thumbsup:

As for the criticism of Murphy, yes he's playing bruise free footy at the moment but I suspect he's carrying an injury. He's played very little footy in the middle for a few weeks now. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Plus 31 possessions and 3 tackles is still worth holding his spot. :grin:

Don't understand why people are so critical of Murphy

He and Gibbs have been great this year

Not easy leading a young team into battle

In fact when he went down last year, we missed his presence immensely

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:33 am 
Geoff Southby

Levi should be left to seek other opportunities at the End if the year. Enough is enough. Could've cost us two wins in the last two weeks with his bad kicking if others did t pick up the slack.
The rebirth of Liam Jones continues.
Those dribble shots at goal.... grrrrr.
Gibbs has been a gun this year. If he still wants to leave, Crows now know they have to pay big.
Murph needs to clean up his disposal.
SOS had one of his best games for us.
Simms could quite conseivebly do a Bradles and play deep into his 30s.
Doc, just give him his AA spot already. Gun!!
Kreuzberg, career best year I reckon. Heart and Soul.

Last edited by Dominator_7 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:41 am 
Harry Vallence

Dominator_7 wrote:
Levi should be left to seek other opportunities at the End if the year. Enough is enough. Could've cost us two wins in the last two weeks with his bad kicking if others did t pick up the slack.

I have a strong feeling that's what SOS wil be hoping, with a reasonable compensation pick coming back our way. I reckon he'll play it similarly to the Tuohy situation, they'll offer him a contract, but one that's not overs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:05 am 
Harry Vallence

verbs wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
To me, what went unnoticed was OUR Captain's words of encouragement to Barlow when he was on the stretcher.. Quality with a capital Q

Completely unnoticed on TC.

But hey, he can't kick on his left, so he's scum.

I noticed, and was going to a make a comment about this after breakfast. Nice form by our Captain, but i reckon any captain would do the same.

There was no indication whatsoever on Barlow's face that he was in any sort of pain. Tough bugger, and obviously a highly respected guy.

As for momentum, i think Carlton stopped the boat from rocking a few minutes before the Barlow injury. Yes, the short break helped us regroup.

But both sides had a chance to regroup at the Barlow stop play. Carlton obviously had the better game plan.

Carlton rag-dolled them 75% of game time and deserved the win.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 am 
John Nicholls

verbs wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
To me, what went unnoticed was OUR Captain's words of encouragement to Barlow when he was on the stretcher.. Quality with a capital Q

Hardly scum :wink: just deficient in an area where he shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:17 am 
Harry Vallence

Beantown wrote:
Sin City wrote:
Hasn't been a better game from a Carlton player since we had Diesel. Please stay Bryce.

I could pick a handful from Kouta in 2000 but other than that, yes.

:lol: not sure if that was sarcasm

Gibbs was brilliant last night but.. i'd say the second half of 99 and all of 2000 Kouta had the most brilliant and dominating run of games that i have seen from any player in the league... ever... ... in my time

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:36 am 
Wayne Johnston

For whatever reason when Casboult makes one of his mistakes the opposition seem to always make us pay.
Apart from the first 10mins it was not a good game from him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:40 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

eric pascoe wrote:
To me, what went unnoticed was OUR Captain's words of encouragement to Barlow when he was on the stretcher.. Quality with a capital Q.

Bolts is true to his words and is going to make these blokes better people.

From what I'm seen, he is going to make some of them Premiership Players.

The transformation of OUR club is simply astounding.

GO BLUES

It was a touching moment.
Poor Barlow!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
verbs wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:

Did the commentators miss it too?

Nope they pointed it out and we commented on it during match thread. We also thought he had a super game.
I personally have come to think Murph has matured into an excellent captain and a GREAT player. Cannot understand the negativity.
It ain't broke. It is thriving!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sin City wrote:
Hasn't been a better game from a Carlton player since we had Diesel. Please stay Bryce.

I really hated how Darcy lantern jaw relished saying over and over that Bryce had opted to go to Crows.. that bryce had Wanted to go to Crows.. that he was so brave and professional despite desperately wanting to go to Crows...
Ffs!!!! Bryce loves being at Carlton. His mates are here. He doesnt want to go.
Lets hope the reasons he needed to leave for are resolved bexause nothing would be better for mine
Than seeing bryce and marc hold the cup aloft
.apart from Simmo still being around to hold the cup aloft. :grin:
Im not getting carried away am I? :sly: :yikes:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:38 am 
Rod Ashman

Ponkstar wrote:
This was the game we've been waiting for from Bryce for 10 years. Bravo.

Quite likely his best game, but Bryce has always been capable of this type of elite performance and has produced it on a number of occasions. It was less than a month ago that he had 38 possessions and kicked 3 goals against north. He's had similar games against Geelong that I can remember and another as a young bloke playing west coast many years ago. His B&F year was elite, and while he hasn't produced that year in year out, what he has produced has still been great.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I heard on the radio Murph had 23 possessions before half time.

Maybe he was paid a bit more attention after the break, that still happens doesn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

They must have printed the Sunday Age at 9pm on Saturday Night.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:38 am 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
verbs wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:

Did the commentators miss it too?

Commentators did pick it up and gave him a wrap for it....just as he deserved..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:39 am 
Harry Vallence

Like BS thought we were gone, so winning another tight one when momentum had swung against us was incredibly pleasing.

Casboult should have and almost did cost us the game. Those crucial errors at crucial times that stopped us in our tracks. Just about any other game and we were gone with those errors. Hey Boeky and Charlie made some big ones as well but Casboult's were Game Killers.
Everyone is being generous and philosophical given we won, but could you imagine the blood lust for Cas on here last night and this morning if we'd lost.

Don't want to be a misery guts but flower hell. What to do with him. Do we just factor that in to the package that is Levi Casboult and take the horrendous with the sometimes good

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:59 am 
Stephen Kernahan

How many times have you seen Casboult give off the handball after a mark? I can't remember one at all.
Perhaps we should be keep his assets and minimise his deficiencies a bit more instead of throwing him in the bin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
How many times have you seen Casboult give off the handball after a mark? I can't remember one at all.
Perhaps we should be keep his assets and minimise his deficiencies a bit more instead of throwing him in the bin.

he should go back to the 2's to work on his deficiencies like everyone else, but no he's special so he stays in the 1's

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Vain wrote:

The play that annoyed me the most was that turnover that started the Suns come back.

He took a good mark at half forward and he should've gone by hand to Daisy and block for him... would've been a certain goal imo and a 35 point lead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next