Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 am 
Serge Silvagni

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Was at the 50 year membership morning tea this morning. BB was asked about H and said he was very close.

What is this 50th of which you speak? I recall distinctly in 67 that my parents didn't let me go until midway through the season until we played Fitzroy for the second time. How come I don't get an invite?

I became a member for the first time as a 6 year old in '67 and have had a membership ever since. The morning tea for 50 years and over members started last year. I received my invite in the mail about a month ago. It was a great morning with around 250 people (you could bring one guest along). As well as Bolts there was a chat from Trigg. Guests of honour were Big Nick, Geoff Southby and Ken Hands who were all very generous with their time. :thumbsup:

Not fair.

I have been a Social club member; AFL club support member; and Club member since 1965 and don't get any recognition.

Except I have seen the Blues win eight premierships. :smile:

That's sweet enough reward (so have I :smoking: ). There were a few folks there that had seen Ten :clap:

But seriously I would get onto the club and state your case; they are really trying to build a relationship with the long term supporters.

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Was at the 50 year membership morning tea this morning. BB was asked about H and said he was very close.

What is this 50th of which you speak? I recall distinctly in 67 that my parents didn't let me go until midway through the season until we played Fitzroy for the second time. How come I don't get an invite?

I became a member for the first time as a 6 year old in '67 and have had a membership ever since. The morning tea for 50 years and over members started last year. I received my invite in the mail about a month ago. It was a great morning with around 250 people (you could bring one guest along). As well as Bolts there was a chat from Trigg. Guests of honour were Big Nick, Geoff Southby and Ken Hands who were all very generous with their time. :thumbsup:

That is fantastic!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluegirl72 wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:

That is fantastic!

Ha! My eldest son was a waiter at this - he said it was fantastic...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
Teddy Hopkins wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
GodisNavyBlue wrote:

Not fair.

I have been a Social club member; AFL club support member; and Club member since 1965 and don't get any recognition.

Except I have seen the Blues win eight premierships. :smile:

That's sweet enough reward (so have I :smoking: ). There were a few folks there that had seen Ten :clap:

But seriously I would get onto the club and state your case; they are really trying to build a relationship with the long term supporters.

Ten premierships. The way we are going the next two will happen withing 5 years. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The clubs membership database not to put to finer point on it is flawed.

I found this out last year, when the club had me as a 17 year member, despite me being a member since 1979.

When I became a Full AFL Member in 1986 with a Carlton Club Support Membership, my continuity of membership vanished until the year 2000 for some reason and it was only that I was able to show the club my continual AFL Membership since 1986 that they recognised my time as a member, eventually the club accepted a Statutory Declaration of my time as a member from 1979 to 1986.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:

I found this out last year, when the club had me as a 17 year member, despite me being a member since 1979.

When I became a Full AFL Member in 1986 with a Carlton Club Support Membership, my continuity of membership vanished until the year 2000 for some reason and it was only that I was able to show the club my continual AFL Membership since 1986 that they recognised my time as a member, eventually the club accepted a Statutory Declaration of my time as a member from 1979 to 1986.

Show off

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:

I would have thought you would need to prove you were a member between 2002 and 2010 before having to prove it between 79 and 86! :lol:
Great work Agro

Go you good things

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GOLD COAST
No change

CARLTON
In: S.Petrevski-Seton, B.Boekhorst
Out: L.Sumner (adductor), A.Silvagni (knee)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

I like those changes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Good changes, pretty fast team.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sumner can't get any consistency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Yep. Good to see extra pace. We got done for pace last time, had no one who went with Saad... probably still don't

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Would've liked a 2nd key forward to help Casboult.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:36 pm 
Robert Walls

B: Lachie Plowman - Liam Jones - Caleb Marchbank
HB: Ed Curnow - Jacob Weitering - Sam Docherty
C: Tom Williamson - Patrick Cripps - Kade Simpson
HF: Dale Thomas - Levi Casboult - David Cuningham
F: Samo Petrevski-Seton - Jack Silvagni - Zac Fisher
R: Matthew Kreuzer - Bryce Gibbs - Marc Murphy (C)

Interchange: Matthew Wright - Blaine Boekhorst - Jed Lamb - Charlie Curnow

Emergencies 16. Billie Smedts 32. Nick Graham 10. Harry McKay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Now or never for Boekhorst

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Excellent. Happy to see Boeky get another go. I reckon there's a player in him. Just hope he can put it together before he runs out of time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

jim wrote:

Be interesting to see who travels. Word was SPS was still 50/50. Maybe a late change for Harry? If not I'm happy to go in with extra run

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

We still have Jack, Levi & Charlie + Kruezer & Weitering to hold down key forward positions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

dane wrote:
Sumner can't get any consistency.

That's been his whole short career.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

jake_h03 wrote:
jim wrote:

Be interesting to see who travels. Word was SPS was still 50/50. Maybe a late change for Harry? If not I'm happy to go in with extra run

I am thinking the same thing.
Last time we played them they made us look very slow so good to see a bit of pace added.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next