Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:06 am 
Garry Crane

bluegirl72 wrote:
Yes. Plenty of Wright love.
For mine..Kreuzer won us the hame with that tackle, then soccer kick to Daisy who passed it to Wright.. who GOaled! Just awesome. What a great game and fantastic team effort. Marchbank did an awful lot right Fenwick so I'm cutting him some slack.

The crowd (myself and my son included) went nuts when Kreuze soccered it to Daisy, who then just played the defender until he could handball to Wright. One of the game highlights for effort, just a great game by Kreuze and a team effort that reaped rewards.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:08 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

mjs wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Yes. Plenty of Wright love.
For mine..Kreuzer won us the hame with that tackle, then soccer kick to Daisy who passed it to Wright.. who GOaled! Just awesome. What a great game and fantastic team effort. Marchbank did an awful lot right Fenwick so I'm cutting him some slack.

The crowd (myself and my son included) went nuts when Kreuze soccered it to Daisy, who then just played the defender until he could handball to Wright. One of the game highlights for effort, just a great game by Kreuze and a team effort that reaped rewards.

:thumbsup: :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:20 am 
Wayne Johnston

bluedog wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
BB

That's what is lost in all this conversation.

When you, as a supporter, are at the game, and "you" get the set up- well, I suppose the players do as well

ps- the deliberate against weiter at the end is the worst decision I have ever seen

Good point

Surely we all know that this year if you kick it out to space and it goes out of bounds it is a free to the other team.
You need to take the word 'Deliberate' out of the equation. The Weitering decision was a free every day of the week (this year).
It was still a great play by Weitering.

I love the rule because I find throw ins incredibly boring.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What a win................... but Bloody Umpires!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Useless!

Jones - WOW. Err............ Jones :confused:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:40 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

club29 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
BB

When you, as a supporter, are at the game, and "you" get the set up- well, I suppose the players do as well

ps- the deliberate against weiter at the end is the worst decision I have ever seen

Good point

Surely we all know that this year if you kick it out to space and it goes out of bounds it is a free to the other team.
You need to take the word 'Deliberate' out of the equation. The Weitering decision was a free every day of the week (this year).

I also knew it'd be a free, based on other decisions this year, but surely it has to be obviously meant to go OB ? He kicked it to clear the area rather than pick it up and get pinged, under immense pressure, and it travelled 70-80m so how do you determine he meant it to go OB ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

club29 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
BB

Good point

Second thoughts, why not just make it last touch rule like Soccer and increase the scores by 20% each week. No one loses as all on same page, and there is no grey area at all ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:44 am 
Garry Crane

MIL wrote:
club29 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
BB

Good point

I also knew it'd be a free, based on other decisions this year, but surely it has to be obviously meant to go OB ? He kicked it to clear the area rather than pick it up and get pinged, under immense pressure, and it travelled 70-80m so how do you determine he meant it to go OB ?

I agree with deleting the word "deliberate", the interpretation this year seems to be " if it happens to bounce out, even if it takes a right angle bounce to do so, and there's no one there, then it's a free.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 am 
Garry Crane

But the dramatic gestures by the umpires in awarding these sorts of frees gives me the irrits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

My Mexican wife just watched the replay with me. Her first game for a couple of years.
Her first comment,
"Who are all these new players?"

OK.
That was a great win, despite the fact they were very short handed.
Team effort, driven by their desire to put pressure on everybody.
Jones had a great game and will obviously play next week. He is paying for his future every week.
Kreuzer had a great tussle with Mumford. Unfortunately the GWS midfield is staggeringly talented and we were soundly beaten there. A great effort from the boys to win after a nett loss in clearances. Kreuzer's follow up work at ground level was terrific.
Charlie Curnow is a tease. He is one millisecond away from taking a dozen contested marks a game. Once he gets his timing right, look out.
Docherty is a gun and one of our best ever trades.
Cunningjam will be a good player for us. He has all his stuff lined up when he shoots for goal. Runs in directly to the goals and kicks along the line of approach.
Fisher is growing as a player. He reminds me a bit of a left footed Marcou. Short strides and explosive over the first two or three metres to get space.

Greene is a great player trapped in the body and mind of a flog.
He will always be the sort of player who can rip a game apart but he plays like a spoilt brat who owns the footy and you think he is going to take it home any second.
The player I would love to have if we could get him (no way) is Shiel. He is a genuine star of the game with no stupid add ons.

I could go on. Great win and one that should drag some more supporters to games. if I were living in Melbourne I would be there every week. It's time for those who don't go to buy your kids a jumper and get on the bandwagon. There's NOTHING like being at the ground and I do miss it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 am 
formerly King Kenny

Bluey44 wrote:
Just watching the replay of the last two minutes... Seriously how did GWS not even manage to paddle it through for a point?? Just pathetic.

We outplayed them as a team with real spirit today. We battled relentlessly and forced them to go out and beat us, and they couldn't - we did such a good job that they s#&t their pants.

The boys will learn a lot from that game.
If they bring the intensity and consistency each week then they are always a chance, even if the opposition is much more developed and skillful.

Real ticker :thumbsup:

Because Daisy Thomas just line up the loose ball and got it out to space for Weitering to clear. Great attack by Daisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 am 
Bruce Doull

I loved the words coming from Cameron's mouth after Greene's miss

"@#$%&! selfish"

Sums up the little turd.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:19 am 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
:donk: :donk: :donk: May 10th

I would love to know what the MC think of KJ and Liam Jones as KP defenders.

Jones is 198cm, very quick and has an amazing leap. He turns 27 in Feb 2018. I wonder if he worth using as a defender. Guys like Grundy and Tarrant at the Roos played their junior career as forwards, as has Jones. I don't think he has ever been given the CHB roll for any length of time.

I know he runs Hot, luke warm and cold but at his size and with his closing speed perhaps he might be better being led to the ball. His fitness might be the issue as he has never had a big tank. This year's VFL form seems more promising as he is apparently showing a great deal more vigor and aggression.

I rest my case Your Worship. :thanks:

Regards Cazzesman

Yeah but you got Jordan Russell wrong red man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

A few observations from the replay. I thought the dangerous tackle early in the second quarter against Wright was rubbish, A good tackle for mine. Shiels head wasn't impacted nor his neck region so whats the problem. Apart from that, I thought we had a decent run with the decisions.
Kruezers high contact to Taranto. Hopefully the MRP don't see a problem with it.
Cunningham has excellent strength over the ball. Sticks his tackles yet stands up well when being tackled.
It looked like Bolton had NED written on the back of his hand in texta. No idea what that's about.
Jones. Fantastic reward for perseverance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
A few observations from the replay. I thought the dangerous tackle early in the second quarter against Wright was rubbish, A good tackle for mine. Shiels head wasn't impacted nor his neck region so whats the problem. Apart from that, I thought we had a decent run with the decisions.
Kruezers high contact to Taranto. Hopefully the MRP don't see a problem with it.
Cunningham has excellent strength over the ball. Sticks his tackles yet stands up well when being tackled.
It looked like Bolton had NED written on the back of his hand in texta. No idea what that's about.

Apparently the NED thing was after an exchange with Cameron before the game.

Bolts told Cameron that we were going to win and Cameron said "eat a dick".

Bolts went up to the box straight afterwards and wrote NED (no eating dicks) on his hand just in case he got hungry and forgot.

I love Bolts.

Always one step ahead.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:00 am 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
:donk: :donk: :donk: May 10th

I would love to know what the MC think of KJ and Liam Jones as KP defenders.

Jones is 198cm, very quick and has an amazing leap. He turns 27 in Feb 2018. I wonder if he worth using as a defender. Guys like Grundy and Tarrant at the Roos played their junior career as forwards, as has Jones. I don't think he has ever been given the CHB roll for any length of time.

I know he runs Hot, luke warm and cold but at his size and with his closing speed perhaps he might be better being led to the ball. His fitness might be the issue as he has never had a big tank. This year's VFL form seems more promising as he is apparently showing a great deal more vigor and aggression.

I rest my case Your Worship. :thanks:

Regards Cazzesman

Yeah but you got Jordan Russell wrong red man

I hate to break to you but I wasn't on the books that year. I started officially in 2005.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_d ... 04&t=N&s=P

125 AFL games is no chump change. Not many after him really that did much more. Take out father son Cloke and only 8 of the remaining 63 after him played more games.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:02 am 
Wayne Johnston

MIL wrote:
club29 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
BB

Good point

Second thoughts, why not just make it last touch rule like Soccer and increase the scores by 20% each week. No one loses as all on same page, and there is no grey area at all ?

Think of it like Icing in ice hockey. The AFL and I want to see football played not throw ins that then become 2 or 3 ball ups. So if you clear it to space and it goes out the rule pretty much does revert to last touch. I like it personally. I really like it when i am watching as a neutral fan as those types of stoppages ruin a game. Im sure we all agree that the Weitering one was a free based on this year.
The players knew too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:02 am 
Bob Chitty

GWS wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Apparently the NED thing was after an exchange with Cameron before the game.

Bolts told Cameron that we were going to win and Cameron said "eat a dick".

Bolts went up to the box straight afterwards and wrote NED (no eating dicks) on his hand just in case he got hungry and forgot.

I love Bolts.

Always one step ahead.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:06 am 
Robert Walls

So Caleb Marchbank is now the second best intercept marker in the team.....

Is jones eligible for the NRS?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:27 am 
Ken Hunter

Awesome stuff. SMH headline was something like "Defensive Blues stun Giants with dour display" which is about the faintest praise ever given to a 17th placed team with a ton of youngsters toppling the top side, in the history of sports journalism. GAGF you bitter twats, nobody supports GWS anyway so stop sucking their dick. It's not even accurate since, although we obviously lack firepower and struggle with set shots, our ball use and handling were really impressive today; I thought we neutered their relentless pressing style with great intelligence and skill. Special mention to young Fisher who made several lightning fast, telepathically linked handpasses out of tight situations; that boy will be some player.

Lots of posts I could quote and agree on, especially the one about Gibbs's toughness. Also agreed with whoever mentioned that we beat the top team, not the 2nd team... position at the start of the round is what counts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:37 am 
formerly BlueRob

The best recruiting decisions the Blues have made in the last 10 years are:

No. 1. Steve Silvagni
No. 2. Brendon Bolton

The Blues were fantastic day yesterday ... excited about next week. We are going to beat a few sides between now and September.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next