Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep, Doc was clear best on for mine. Going to poll a fair amount of Brownlow votes once we move up the ladder a bit and start winning more games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sam Landsberger ‏Verified account @SamLandsberger 1m1 minute ago

Round 12 Rising Star - David Cuningham

The speedy midfielder scoops Carlton's third nomination in seven weeks. Big tick for Bolton's build.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Pretty good being a Carlton supporter this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

MIL wrote:
club29 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
BB

That's what is lost in all this conversation.

When you, as a supporter, are at the game, and "you" get the set up- well, I suppose the players do as well

ps- the deliberate against weiter at the end is the worst decision I have ever seen

Good point

Surely we all know that this year if you kick it out to space and it goes out of bounds it is a free to the other team.
You need to take the word 'Deliberate' out of the equation. The Weitering decision was a free every day of the week (this year).
It was still a great play by Weitering.

I love the rule because I find throw ins incredibly boring.

I also knew it'd be a free, based on other decisions this year, but surely it has to be obviously meant to go OB ? He kicked it to clear the area rather than pick it up and get pinged, under immense pressure, and it travelled 70-80m so how do you determine he meant it to go OB ?

My take on it too

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

toddkurnski wrote:
Dylan Shiel would look great in Navy Blue. Terrific player.

Shiel re-signed for 2 years recently.

Just in time for Free Agency.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHskPpMRTpc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Donstuie wrote:
I loved the words coming from Cameron's mouth after Greene's miss

"@#$%&! selfish"

Sums up the little turd.

You could at least give me a credit for posting it earlier.
:razz:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

The_Wookie wrote:

Thanks Wook.

A few observations:

Some fine Silvagni highlights there!

Well done bald umpire for picking up the free to Kreuzer.

I think Fisher's behind should have been included in the package. :wink:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

toddkurnski wrote:
Dylan Shiel would look great in Navy Blue. Terrific player.

Great player.
No mess, no fuss.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluedog wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:

Thanks Wook.

A few observations:

Some fine Silvagni highlights there!

Well done bald umpire for picking up the free to Kreuzer.

I think Fisher's behind should have been included in the package. :wink:

Personally, I prefer Salma Hayek's behind but there you go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:02 am 
Rod Ashman

We know Bolton can turn forwards into backmen, anychance he can turn backmen into forwards?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:08 am 
Craig Bradley

Silvagni had one of the better 10 possession games you're likely to see.

Wright really should have been given 50 at the end there. Came in very late and took him down to ensure he couldn't play on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:30 am 
John James

bluegirl72 wrote:
Yes. Plenty of Wright love.
For mine..Kreuzer won us the game with that tackle, then soccer kick to Daisy who passed it to Wright.. who GOaled! Just awesome. What a great game and fantastic team effort. Marchbank did an awful lot right Fenwick so I'm cutting him some slack.

Good call. I thought he was great. I just think someone can give him some encouragement to assess his options a bit better when he's got some space. It'll come.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The uncle of my wife (as we say it in Spanish) is an astute follower of sport in general and soccer in particular. His wife had never seen any Aussie Rules footy so I showed them the last half of the last quarter.
She was bewlildred but he knows his sport. When Greene ran in and chipped the point instead of handballing to his team mate on the goal line, the uncle of my wife said,
"That just cost them the game."
It was such a horrible, selfish and glory-hunting act, even a man who has seen exactly eight quarters of footy saw it as it unfolded.
His arse will be pretty sore today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:20 am 
Geoff Southby

Shaw directing traffic when his fellow flog Toby
Kicks the ball to him
Stevie J wanted to mouth off after the siren

Doesn't get any better than that
What a trio of turds
Ive got a distinct hatred for the Giants
Hope they don't win it

Just watched a replay
Have to fix the clearances up
Great defensively
Kids good again
Depth in the twos
Things r looking up
Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blues Clues wrote:
MIL wrote:
club29 wrote:
bluedog wrote:
eric pascoe wrote:
BB

That's what is lost in all this conversation.

When you, as a supporter, are at the game, and "you" get the set up- well, I suppose the players do as well

ps- the deliberate against weiter at the end is the worst decision I have ever seen

Good point

Surely we all know that this year if you kick it out to space and it goes out of bounds it is a free to the other team.
You need to take the word 'Deliberate' out of the equation. The Weitering decision was a free every day of the week (this year).
It was still a great play by Weitering.

I love the rule because I find throw ins incredibly boring.

I also knew it'd be a free, based on other decisions this year, but surely it has to be obviously meant to go OB ? He kicked it to clear the area rather than pick it up and get pinged, under immense pressure, and it travelled 70-80m so how do you determine he meant it to go OB ?

My take on it too

...but whether he meant for it to go out of bounds or not has nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 am 
Harry Vallence

jake_h03 wrote:
Wright really should have been given 50 at the end there. Came in very late and took him down to ensure he couldn't play on.

Thought the Weitering decision was technically right under the new rules, but that non-50 to Wright was the worst decision of the game, and would have put us a goal up :mad:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 am 
Rod Ashman

nck wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

Thought the Weitering decision was technically right under the new rules, but that non-50 to Wright was the worst decision of the game, and would have put us a goal up :mad:

I know I'm probably on my own here but I think 90% of the deliberate out of bounds rulings have been accurate.
If you think about what the player was trying to do or hoping for, I think most of them are spot on.

It is fair to question whether it is appropriate to try to read a player's mind but if we are looking to label things as 'intentional' then that is part of it.
There are only a couple of kicks out of bounds that came off the side of the foot that shouldn't have been paid this season but, for mine, the players mostly wanted it to go out. Including Weitering's - it was late in the game, he was trying to clear it under pressure and I'll bet hoping like hell it went out, given the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

17th Premiership wrote:
nck wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

I know I'm probably on my own here but I think 90% of the deliberate out of bounds rulings have been accurate.
If you think about what the player was trying to do or hoping for, I think most of them are spot on.

It is fair to question whether it is appropriate to try to read a player's mind but if we are looking to label things as 'intentional' then that is part of it.
There are only a couple of kicks out of bounds that came off the side of the foot that shouldn't have been paid this season but, for mine, the players mostly wanted it to go out. Including Weitering's - it was late in the game, he was trying to clear it under pressure and I'll bet hoping like hell it went out, given the time.

Why would he hope it went out when he knew that would allow GWS to kick it straight back?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
nck wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:

Why would he hope it went out when he knew that would allow GWS to kick it straight back?

There's a difference between hoping it goes out, and hoping you get a free paid against you.

Also, pretty much everyone knew there were only seconds left and he wanted to waste some time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next