Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:19 am 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
I would bring Anthony Franchina out of retirement just to tag Toby Greene.God he is a poonce of a thing.Reckon Franchina would be perfect for Greene.Shit i'd love to see that.

Tend to agree with you Mick.
Greene's a sniper who reminds me of a guy at work - and no one likes him either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

44 could sort him out. I like his style.
Glad to read I'm not the only one disliking little Toby G.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Give the Greene challenge to his old team mate the Plow. Reckon Plow could work off him pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:11 am 
Rod Ashman

Maybe put Docherty on him. Make him defend and chase.
If Greene drags Docherty closer to goal, Simpson can take on Docherty's role running the ball out of defense.

Curnow onto Shiel.
COS on Patton.
Weitering on Cameron.
Marchbank on Lobb.

(If Jones plays put him on Lobb, Weitering goes forward and Marchbank to Cameron).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If Dwayne Russell is commentating, I can bet my bottom dollar we'll have the 'it's the GWS Giants vs the GWS Blues' comment thrown around ad-nauseum..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

Out; Casboult (he and his manager can get stuffed)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Say more?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:26 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Blues2005 wrote:
Can't really explain why, but I'm genuinely excited for this match, even though the likelihood is that we will lose quite comfortably.

I'm really keen to see how we measure up against an opponent of serious quality and whether we can cause them any serious problems. We should at least be well-rested and well-prepared.

I expect that they will have too much class and power, but I'm looking forward to seeing how we go.

So am I. A great test oh where we at. The best test so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:29 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Blue Vain wrote:
I'm looking forward to Liam Jones getting a gig (If he pulls up from injury)

I agree now, deserves his chance. I'm not confident he will perform longer than 2-3 weeks though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:

What's Up?

Restricted FA.

We can keep him if we want.
Similar situation as Tuohy, except in value...depends how much more other clubs want him.

I think Levi has been really good for us this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Following the week off the boys must feel refreshed with a few niggles settled down.

I'm sure following Weiterings year of corkies the rest has done him wonders.

Would have liked Rowe on Patten or Cameron, but we have plenty of height and a team defense to combat them.
I'd like to see Jones come in and Weiters play forward with Casboult, but with Silvagni Marchbank Plowman back there it doesn't seem necessary.
Plowman and Marchbank are mobile talls and will be eager to play well against their former club.

Kreuzer is the key.

I can see an unlikely win happening.

Gibbs to continue his form, ditto Murphy, E.Curnow and Cripps and that will take us forward.

Plenty of reasons why we can win this one despite losing by more than 10 goals last 3 times we've met.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:47 am 
Rod Ashman

It may be perverse but I think a competitive loss will be a more valuable result than a win (taking a longer term perspective).

The reason is that if we win, it will almost certainly be b/c GWS took their foot off the gas or simply took us too lightly.
Given the disparity b/w the quality of their list and ours, I highly doubt we could win entirely on our merits.
However, if we can remain competitive for four quarters it is more likely an indicator of good application, commitment, and potentially a few coaching wins too - all more genuine measures of our capability and something we can reliably build on.

Of course, I'd love a win but I just think a competitive loss will tell us more and give us a more valuable read on where/how we can improve.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:32 am 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
Would have liked Rowe on Patten or Cameron, but we have plenty of height and a team defense to combat them.
I'd like to see Jones come in and Weiters play forward with Casboult, but with Silvagni Marchbank Plowman back there it doesn't seem necessary.
Plowman and Marchbank are mobile talls and will be eager to play well against their former club.

A backline of Silvagni Marchbank and Plow is wayyyyyy undersized. We will get smashed if we go with that. Need to have one of Weiters or Jones there now that Rowe is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jake_h03 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

A backline of Silvagni Marchbank and Plow is wayyyyyy undersized. We will get smashed if we go with that. Need to have one of Weiters or Jones there now that Rowe is gone.

I think you're right.

I'd like to see Jones in and Plowman, as can Marchy and COS, play against a smaller forward.

I believe in Bolton's coaching and match day plans. Players have to be 'ON' for 4 quarters.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
It may be perverse but I think a competitive loss will be a more valuable result than a win (taking a longer term perspective).

The reason is that if we win, it will almost certainly be b/c GWS took their foot off the gas or simply took us too lightly.
Given the disparity b/w the quality of their list and ours, I highly doubt we could win entirely on our merits.
However, if we can remain competitive for four quarters it is more likely an indicator of good application, commitment, and potentially a few coaching wins too - all more genuine measures of our capability and something we can reliably build on.

Of course, I'd love a win but I just think a competitive loss will tell us more and give us a more valuable read on where/how we can improve.

Maybe Bolton can out coach Cameron, IF we can compete for 4 quarters.

Fast track at the Dome suits them more than us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:12 pm 
Garry Crane

17th Premiership wrote:
Maybe put Docherty on him. Make him defend and chase.
If Greene drags Docherty closer to goal, Simpson can take on Docherty's role running the ball out of defense.

Curnow onto Shiel.
COS on Patton.
Weitering on Cameron.
Marchbank on Lobb.

(If Jones plays put him on Lobb, Weitering goes forward and Marchbank to Cameron).

Curnow onto Kelly
Wieters onto Patton
Alex Silvangi on Cameron
Lobb isn't playing
If Jones plays put him up forward, Wieters is our fullback for the next 10 years, lets leave him there

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
kezza wrote:

What's Up?

Restricted FA.

Similar situation as Tuohy, except in value...depends how much more other clubs want him.

Unrestricted free agent.
His manager has put off contract talks until the end of the year.
Don't let him use us to increase any offers from rival clubs. We will get shafted with any compensation pick anyway so stuff him.
Let him rot in the VFL.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
kezza wrote:

What's Up?

Restricted FA.

Unrestricted free agent.
Don't let him use us to increase any offers from rival clubs. We will get shafted with any compensation pick anyway so stuff him.
Let him rot in the VFL.

I disagree. We should try as hard as we can to push price up - that is the most important criteria for determining our compensation pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

17th Premiership wrote:
kezza wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
kezza wrote:

What's Up?

Restricted FA.

Unrestricted free agent.
Let him rot in the VFL.

I disagree. We should try as hard as we can to push price up - that is the most important criteria for determining our compensation pick.

Do you seriously think we will get a fair compo pick? At best a pick in the late 30's or early 40's is all we will get.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

Channel 7 saying Dale T is in and do is Steve J

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next