Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Crippa wrote:
MIL wrote:
Great to see Liam rewarded for a sustained period of domination down back in the magoos. He may have just found his niche at this stage of his career. After being our whipping boy for a long time, the Love For Liam knows no bounds now.... :grin:

It's actually great see the genuine support/hope he has generated. The negativity since he arrived has been understandable as he hasn't shown himself to be an AFL standard forward but I hope like crazy he can play a good game (against some serious forward firepower!) it will be a great good news story and the fans will get behind him in droves the same way they have ASOS.

Best wishes Liam!

Go Blues!!

:thumbsup:

I agree. No doubt there'll still be some uninformed flower at the game who will still give it to him but I'll be going along mainly to see him hopefully have a good game. He could have sooked it up and passively seen out his time in the NB's but instead he's been super positive and a great team player. He deserves success and I hope things go his way.

I'll still be nervous when he has ball in hand but hopefully he takes the same intent he's shown in the VFL into the AFL. The last thing he needs to do is go back into his shell. Fingers crossed. I have no doubt the players will also be fully behind him and hoping he has success.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Int; Lamb, Jones, Sumner, Thomas.
Emerg: Graham, Smedts, Petrevski-Seton.
Thomas, Jones, Lamb 4 Graham, Petrevski-Seton, Macreadie.

I/change: Perryman, Taranto, Himmelberg, Johnson.
Emergencies; Finlayson, Lloyd, Simpson.
Johnson in for Lloyd.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Int; Lamb, Jones, Sumner, Thomas.
Emerg: Graham, Smedts, Petrevski-Seton.
Thomas, Jones, Lamb 4 Graham, Petrevski-Seton, Macreadie.

I/change: Perryman, Taranto, Himmelberg, Johnson.
Emergencies; Finlayson, Lloyd, Simpson.
Johnson in for Lloyd.

Wow SPS dropped :yikes: :yikes:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Crippa wrote:
MIL wrote:
Great to see Liam rewarded for a sustained period of domination down back in the magoos. He may have just found his niche at this stage of his career. After being our whipping boy for a long time, the Love For Liam knows no bounds now.... :grin:

It's actually great see the genuine support/hope he has generated. The negativity since he arrived has been understandable as he hasn't shown himself to be an AFL standard forward but I hope like crazy he can play a good game (against some serious forward firepower!) it will be a great good news story and the fans will get behind him in droves the same way they have ASOS.

Best wishes Liam!

Go Blues!!

I agree. No doubt there'll still be some uninformed flower at the game who will still give it to him but I'll be going along mainly to see him hopefully have a good game. He could have sooked it up and passively seen out his time in the NB's but instead he's been super positive and a great team player. He deserves success and I hope things go his way.

I'll still be nervous when he has ball in hand but hopefully he takes the same intent he's shown in the VFL into the AFL. The last thing he needs to do is go back into his shell. Fingers crossed. I have no doubt the players will also be fully behind him and hoping he has success.

Yep, I wish him all the best, he's in Navy Blue and that's all that matters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Crippa wrote:
MIL wrote:

Best wishes Liam!

Go Blues!!

Double post

Last edited by Blues Clues on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

wonder why SPS was dropped ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Harrison Macreadie (Omitted), Nick Graham (Omitted), Sam Petrevski-Seton (Managed)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

'managed' ?

injured? rested? disciplined?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Harrison Macreadie (Omitted), Nick Graham (Omitted), Sam Petrevski-Seton (Managed)

SPS still an emergency, strange

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
'managed' ?

injured? rested? disciplined?

he looked tired and sore just before the bye so i would guess extra rest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:34 pm 
Robert Walls

They're just giving him an extra week's rest.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:14 pm 
Bob Chitty

He better be rested and not playing for Northern tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:23 pm 
Robert Walls

I only watch the odd NB game and read the reports on TC

If someone can mount a case for the high quality,sustained over several weeks performances of
a) Sumner
b) Thomas
c) Lamb
d) Smedts
e)Macreadie

at ressie level, I'll shut up about KJ and to a lesser extent, Boekhorst

Otherwise, selection is predomonantly based on the Tony Abbott model of 'captain's call'

And we're meant to swallow it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:16 pm 
Ken Hunter

Crippa wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
kezza wrote:
frank dardew wrote:
Yes I agree Jim a bit like tuohy made him into an afl footballer from nothing
Sell him at his highest price like Tuohy
Can't see the problem
I reckon Casboult has reached about his upper limit or so
Could seeRichmond going berserk trying to get him and the more they spend and the longer the contract the better the draft pick
Happy to keep him subsequently if he protects the young players but he won't get any better value on the trade market

I guess we don't want to keep any player who kicks goals. I mean our forward line is so potent we wont miss Casboult.

The guy barely averages a goal a game. He's 27, you make out like he is the next Jeremy Cameron about to take off.

If he plays well and continues to then it's good for the team. If that means another club pays overs to secure him we may have a way back into the 2nd round of the draft.

There is literally no downside to anything Casboult, the club and his manager are doing. Their all being grown up and transparent about things

I agree with a previous comment that Cass is probably close to his ceiling and I agree with your last comment about everything being conducted by all parties appropriately. But the bloke has kicked 17.4 goals in 10 games which is closer to 2 goals a game than 1 and in our low scoring club its a decent output and certainly better than saying he "barely averages a goal a game". Credit where credit is due for the big fella. He's our leading goal kicker with Wright the only other goal kicker in double figures with 13.4. So he's no superstar but he is more important to us than many better forwards are to their clubs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Horrible changes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

I agree love to see SPS play but obviously needs a rest
Macreadie I think also struggled he will be back
I'm happy that lamb gets a go thought he was ok last year and this is probably a final test to determine whether he will be on the list next year or not
Jones not convinced like many but has obviously done well in the seconds -once again it is his chance otherwise he won't be on the list next year
Thought Graham has been ok so a bit surprised at him being dropped

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:38 am 
Geoff Southby

Jones, if he doesn't perform over a couple of weeks he is in big trouble. Shows something then maybe he has a career. A pretty low risk strategy from the SC.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:09 am 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:
Thought Graham has been ok so a bit surprised at him being dropped

As a midfielder Graham just doesn't get enough of the ball, averaging 18 disposals a game this year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:20 am 
Ken Hands

Coming over from Tassie to watch this game so am hoping for a four quarter effort from the boys , looking forward to seeing the young blokes live , am not expecting a win but as I said before just want a real crack for four quarters, pity sps isn't playing but he has struggled the last few weeks and I think a week more rest won't do him any harm , we must remember he had bugger all preseason , am coming back over to watch the game against the dogs with my son (first time for him to the G ),so am looking forward to that one , hopefully some nice melb weather for that one would be good :) GO BLUES !!!!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next