Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Two years ago that would have been a 100 point loss.
It often happens that a team blows its bolt catching up. I think that happened tonight.
I am disappointed but not in the boys, only in the four points.
There is a lot to like about that fightback.

SPS needs to inject himself more into the game. He has been quiet for several weeks now.
Rest him for a week or something but his contribution tonight was way below what he is capable of.
Jack also is down on input.

I think we can be happy with Cunningham and Fisher as well as the usual suspects among the newbys.
Charlie Curnow is one step closer to 'that' game. I think even the callers are anticipating it.

I have been a staunch critic of Gibbs but he has had a great season this year and tonight was possibly his best game since last year against Geelong. The chunder game.
I have also got into Kreuzer but I think he was great tonight against the in form ruckman of the comp.
Cripps has an honourabe mention for his effort and I just take my hat off to Kade Simpson's raw courage.

No chocolates for tonight's game but plenty to be happy about. Draft pick 2 on the live ladder.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:
Great, gutsy comeback but it was our own fault we ran out of puff after that start. If we held on it would've been our 2nd biggest comeback ever.

Reckon we were one key forward light. A number of times we could've gone into an open 50 but lacked a tall bloke to go one on one. Hence we chipped it in and mucked it up a few times. An extra tall forward might've got us over the line.

only 1 contested mark for Levi
He got his marks more in space today. Had a good game but it a big ask for him to be the only key forward and back up ruckman. If he was up the ground, which was often, it often left us without a marking tall in the 50. We blundered at the selection table there.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Blue Sombrero wrote:
It often happens that a team blows its bolt catching up. I think that happened tonight.

SPS needs to inject himself more into the game. He has been quiet for several weeks now.
Rest him for a week or something but his contribution tonight was way below what he is capable of.

I think we can be happy with Cunningham and Fisher as well as the usual suspects among the newbys.
Charlie Curnow is one step closer to 'that' game. I think even the callers are anticipating it.

I have been a staunch critic of Gibbs but he has had a great season this year and tonight was possibly his best game since last year against Geelong. The chunder game.
I have also got into Kreuzer but I think he was great tonight against the in form ruckman of the comp.
Cripps has an honourabe mention for his effort and I just take my hat off to Kade Simpson's raw courage.

No chocolates for tonight's game but plenty to be happy about. Draft pick 2 on the live ladder.

SPS will have his rest as we have the bye.

Kreuzer was almost a barometer. First qtr and a half, when we were awful he didn't have a possession although he totally dominated the hitouts. He finished with 18 touches, attacked with with intent, and we really lifted. Easily beat Goldstein.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:26 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:
Great, gutsy comeback but it was our own fault we ran out of puff after that start. If we held on it would've been our 2nd biggest comeback ever.

Reckon we were one key forward light. A number of times we could've gone into an open 50 but lacked a tall bloke to go one on one. Hence we chipped it in and mucked it up a few times. An extra tall forward might've got us over the line.

And a huge amount of contests to create opportunities for us. He had a good game.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

MVP open - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35821
(Note: Any votes for Cuningham need to go to DVR)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:29 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blue Sombrero wrote:

This hits the nail on the head with my feelings. Proud but disappointed at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
Simmo is a marvel

easily BOG

Gibbs had 38 and kicked 3 goals. What more could he do to earn your votes?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:

And a huge amount of contests to create opportunities for us. He had a good game.
Massive amount of contests he influenced.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:32 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Learn how to turn up to play. You can't afford to switch off at AFL level, our leaders early set that tone, and although they recovered to have great games, it's a non-negotiable.

Lots of positives still. Cuningham emerged, quick, skilful, strong and kicked goals!

Curnow turned the tide in the second quarter, and had a great game, although another quieter second half.

Williamson a few good passages of play.

Gibbs and Kreuzer outstanding.

Cripps needs to stop trying to do to much. He is great because he uses the first or second options, or the third and fourth.

Kids will need the break, 7 teenagers and a couple of 20 year olds today. Not bad.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:33 pm 
Bob Chitty

jim wrote:
Crippa wrote:
Rexy wrote:
jim wrote:

Massive amount of contests he influenced.

Ok Yoda. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:34 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Dominator_7 wrote:
We blew it.
Saints and Dees game all over again

We need to stop giving away starts. That's a mental problem that Bolts has his work cut out fixing.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rexy wrote:
Simmo is a marvel

easily BOG

WOW

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Comebacks like that usually fall short.

Comeback showed a lot of spirit but need to ensure we don't get in those situations to begin with

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

The Normal One wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
We blew it.

We need to stop giving away starts. That's a mental problem that Bolts has his work cut out fixing.

3 games we have led in the last qtr this year and lost. While that's disappointing it's also a good sign with such young bodies.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:38 pm 
Craig Bradley

cecil89 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Simmo is a marvel

easily BOG

Gibbs had 38 and kicked 3 goals. What more could he do to earn your votes?

33 of which were effective disposals, 86% efficiency. 3.0 and 2 assists. 11 score involvements. BOG by a country mile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

The Normal One wrote:
Dominator_7 wrote:
We blew it.

Starting well didn't seem to work for us last week. Maybe he thought he'd try something different?

The reality is, we are just young and inconsistent. It has nothing to do with starts. We just struggle to put 4 good quarters together. It will come in time

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Didn't get the points but fought back and almost caused an upset. I'm beginning to believe we may have the makings of a team here. On the right track at last.

Persistence Persistence Persistence :fight:

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:53 pm 
Craig Bradley

Real happy with Cuningham. He's gonna be a ripper

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

North Melbourne are not much better than a pair of dog's bollocks sitting in a jar.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

I don't quite understand people being happy with the loss. Plenty to like etc.
The first quarter and a half were something from the dark days. What happens after that start is quite predictable really. Ghe pressure is off the young side so they take the game on. North take their foot off the pedal being almost 8 goals up and we work our way back. Once we get in front the pressure to win the game is back on. With that comes expectation.
Didn't take long for north to click back into gear and take the game away.
Pretty disappointing overall to be honest.
North are a below average side

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next