Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GWS wrote:
Definitely Duigan.

Absolutely.... And still my favourite.... Although I also love the Juzzy screamer poster at Etihad... Point it out to Magpies supporters

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:44 am 
Craig Bradley

Glad to see Sumner back in the team. Really liked what I saw from him last year. Also really happy to see MacReadie again.

More generally, really enjoying how we can lose a few to injury, and I can be excited about who's going to get a go. So whether it's a senior type who's been in scintillating form at the lower level (like Jones), or just young AFL level talent who've been missing senior footy. Would have been equally happy to see Smedts or McKay or Polson or Pickett or Phillips or Jaksch or Boekhorst getting a game.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Had hopes of a reasonable performance but I'm thinking we're going to get smashed.

A lot of kids, fly back from a wet slog in Perth , nothing to play for and the last game before the bye. It will be like being stuck at school for a week after final exams and before holidays.

30 point loss at best.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:39 am 
Rod Ashman

cimm1979 wrote:
Had hopes of a reasonable performance but I'm thinking we're going to get smashed.

A lot of kids, fly back from a wet slog in Perth , nothing to play for and the last game before the bye. It will be like being stuck at school for a week after final exams and before holidays.

30 point loss at best.

Good summary C79, tend to agree.

Hope we are wrong :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 am 
Harry Vallence

cimm1979 wrote:

30 point loss at best.

I agree except for the part that we have got nothing to play for. I'm sure they'll be as keen for a win as they were in round 1.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:53 am 
Bruce Doull

GWS wrote:
Definitely Duigan.

Great name for a sitcom.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

If anyone could do a Moran it'd be Buckley for mine. I love it when he is in the team. He's like a cross between Gary Rohan and Mitch Robinson. I hope he is improving in the 2nds. Get the feeling he does not thrive there though. Unfortunately we don't have room to give him a good run in the team while he still makes silly mistakes.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:03 am 
Bruce Doull

HTP wrote:
AGRO wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
I like what Sumner showed last year, but on current form I would have had Lamb, Palmer, Polson & Boekhorst ahead of him. Maybe even Buckley & Smedts too. They must have a specific role in mind for Sumner....

A Brad Moran would be nice.

:razz:

Has that ever happened though? Justin Davies maybe? Nick Duigan perhaps?

Doesn't our club have the most famous Moran of all?

Ted Hopkins....

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teddyyyyyy!!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
HTP wrote:
AGRO wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
I like what Sumner showed last year, but on current form I would have had Lamb, Palmer, Polson & Boekhorst ahead of him. Maybe even Buckley & Smedts too. They must have a specific role in mind for Sumner....

A Brad Moran would be nice.

:razz:

Has that ever happened though? Justin Davies maybe? Nick Duigan perhaps?

Doesn't our club have the most famous Moran of all?

Ted Hopkins....

..and Tom Boyd is auditioning for second place.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Boys wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:

30 point loss at best.

I agree except for the part that we have got nothing to play for. I'm sure they'll be as keen for a win as they were in round 1.

Quite possibly but many of them will realise their position in the season, how they stack up against other teams and what's ahead of them.

This is where we dropped off the cliff last year.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:09 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

I think we will win

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Boys wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:

30 point loss at best.

The coach mentioned several times this year that this year it is not about wins. The players don't need to try to win.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

cimm1979 wrote:
Blue Boys wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:

30 point loss at best.

Quite possibly but many of them will realise their position in the season, how they stack up against other teams and what's ahead of them.

This is where we dropped off the cliff last year.

Fair points. I just find it difficult to comprehend that at round 9 they've got nothing to play for. I'd understand if we were in the last round, but we haven't event past the midway point of the season.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Not expecting a win here (would be nice), but I want no injuries and for us to make them earn everything.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hopefully Carlton supporters will turn up in good numbers tomorrow.
Would love to beat this mob, I doubt we will though.
I will spew up if Waite kicks a bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

For some stupid reason I'm going, hard to read north's form, but my gut is telling me we're due for a belting

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

I was actually looking forward to seeing if Jones had reinvented himself - if he does get a gig in the future and does ok i think he will become a crowd favourite...
Maybe not a 'woof'...but some other kind of guttural cry...
Oh well.
Not expecting a win but hope so.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Bloody negative thread here.

We have everything to play for.

We are in with a chance.

Ffs people.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I have a theory...
Not really theory- more a feeling that Jones is thriving cos no pressure.
I'm not sure how he will go when that is placed back on him. He is doing well now in a possie where he does not have the presssure of being a forward.
I hope to be proven wrong. It is reality though that not everyone shines in the lime light. He may well just be an excellent VFL player and there is no shame in that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next