Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Stranger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Stranger wrote:
How could Armfeild get a game he's form for northern blues doesn't
deserve a recall to the side and if selected what does it say about our
MC and BB who have said players will only be selected if there form
warrants selection. Armfeild is finished should never get another game
for Carlton can't and will not improve the team.

It says the MC is thinking week in and week out and not picking the same team every week even thtogh the opposition has a different make up?
For the same reason Stuart McGill played cricket for Australia?
If you need someone to play a specific role, you pick him.
Denis is a great clubman and he also happens to be a great tackler, have a huge tank and would probably be in the top three for pace in the team. Someone suggested earlier he might be a specific pick for Hill. Or the club might be rewarding him with a trip to Perth as the emergency for the weekend for being such a good clubman.

Great clubman won't win you games or footy and I will ask you this would Dennis make any other team
in the afl.

His VFL reports are pretty good, so he would be getting selected on form and need.

As for getting games at other clubs. That argument is made every week at about 6 clubs, it really is nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:53 am 
Garry Crane

After all these weeks of arguably inspired team selections, match committee include Armfield on the plane on the extended bench and this couch potato forum falls back into the meltdown days of old.

Reflecting on the problems in Adelaide where too much youth was hailed as the problem, I would have thought having a quick matured body who doesn't mind to run on open space as a backup, could simply be as a precautionary measure in case one of the other mature bodies don't get up.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:04 am 
Harry Vallence

The Normal One wrote:
scottopee wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
What do we do about Brad Hill?

Kerridge and Ed are the only ones who could go near km's he covers but he also ridiculously quick for all that running.

SPS!

Jaksch deserves to come in on the back of 5goals as we lack tall forward options but the carry on about him playing this year has been based mainly from practise match form including dominating 17yr olds!! The fact is he needs to take any chance he gets as if your unsure why he hasn't got a chance in the seniors yet watch a replay of his only game last year and look at the total non physical competiveness of his game!!

Boakhurst is probably in the same boat if he gets a game.

I guess you should watch some of the Northern games on YouTube to gather the facts.

I suppose looking at the Senior team this week tells me all the FACTS I need! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

fmurphy30 wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
So you have a player KJ who "picks" and "chooses" for 2 years and probably isn't a team man.
Do you

A) pick him after 6 good weeks
B)test his desire and hardness over 3 months
C) Put a line through him.

If you answered B) you were correct

If that was/is the case, I would be ok with it. On the basis that KJ knows its the case and he is not dead in the water. I hope they haven't closed the book on him.

No, you're wrong fmurphy30.
Don't you know. Someone who knows his postman who knows his butchers Uncle said he has given up.
Resulting from that the posts tell us he "picks and chooses" and "probably isn't a team man" :lol: Possibly, maybe.
He's now giving up and having a sook. What's more, he wants to be spoon fed!
Obviously he's not "tough and uncompromising"! Forget the fact he played out his first game with us with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Then spent the next few days in hospital. Heroes like Michael Jezz could do that! :grin:
Forget 10 contested possessions last week, that's for pussies. Get with the program. :lol:

Just ask his next door neighbours hairdressers chiropodist! It's all true!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:46 am 
Harry Vallence

Stranger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Stranger wrote:

It says the MC is thinking week in and week out and not picking the same team every week even thtogh the opposition has a different make up?
Denis is a great clubman and he also happens to be a great tackler, have a huge tank and would probably be in the top three for pace in the team. Someone suggested earlier he might be a specific pick for Hill. Or the club might be rewarding him with a trip to Perth as the emergency for the weekend for being such a good clubman.

Great clubman won't win you games or footy and I will ask you this would Dennis make any other team
in the afl.

I would ask you this, would you take every player from every other team in the AFL?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 am 
Serge Silvagni

Blue Vain wrote:
fmurphy30 wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
So you have a player KJ who "picks" and "chooses" for 2 years and probably isn't a team man.
Do you

If that was/is the case, I would be ok with it. On the basis that KJ knows its the case and he is not dead in the water. I hope they haven't closed the book on him.

Don't you know. Someone who knows his postman who knows his butchers Uncle said he has given up.
Resulting from that the posts tell us he "picks and chooses" and "probably isn't a team man" :lol: Possibly, maybe.
Obviously he's not "tough and uncompromising"! Forget the fact he played out his first game with us with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Then spent the next few days in hospital. Heroes like Michael Jezz could do that! :grin:
Forget 10 contested possessions last week, that's for pussies. Get with the program. :lol:

:grin:

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Stranger wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
Stranger wrote:

in the afl.

I have no idea. I am only a keyboard critic, not the coach of any of the other teams.
Would Stuart McGill have played for India?
If you read my post again, you will see that I said he MIGHT be selected for a specific role because of the attributes I mentioned. MIGHT.
I didn't say he would get a game for being a good clubman but I did suggest he MIGHT get a free trip to Perth for being one.

I will only answer this once even though you asked me twice.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Blue Vain wrote:
fmurphy30 wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
Do you

Ah....what would YOU know? :grin: :grin:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

I guess as supporters we can really only go by what we see on the weekends. KJ doesn't look like a player that's given up to me. He will never by a super demonstrative type, but that doesn't mean he is lazy or soft. If anything, his workrate at the moment looks better than last year to me.

The best thing for the player is not always the best thing for the team. KJ needs more AFL exposure right now. But that's not going to happen while Weitering (young gun) stays on the park.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
I guess as supporters we can really only go by what we see on the weekends. KJ doesn't look like a player that's given up to me. He will never by a super demonstrative type, but that doesn't mean he is lazy or soft. If anything, his workrate at the moment looks better than last year to me.

The best thing for the player is not always the best thing for the team. KJ needs more AFL exposure right now. But that's not going to happen while Weitering (young gun) stays on the park.

KJ seems to be dong reasonably well in the VFL this year. You have got to wonder how good he would be if he actually hadn't 'given up' like many are suggesting.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Can Dennis Armfield play cricket?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane‏ @AFL_PKeane 9s9 seconds ago

Fremantle v Carlton
I/change: Hughes, Pearce, Grey, Langdon.
Emergencies: Tucker, Suban, Sheridan.
S Hill in for Tucker.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Patrick Keane‏ @AFL_PKeane 10s10 seconds ago

Carlton v Fremantle
I/Change; Graham, Thomas, Williamson, Cunningham.
Emergencies; Boekhorst, Jones, Armfield.
Cunningham in for White.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Awesome. Im excited to see Cunningham play. Happy days! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:08 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

good luck Cunners tear them a new one ! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:29 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Not sure we will see White again. Harrison is playing great in the reserves, or for team balance. The extra midfielder will help us.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Glad to see Cuningham in, reckon he has a bright future with us.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm 
Craig Bradley

Hope we see some of that burst out of the stoppages. Something our midfield is really lacking and Cuningham has in spades

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Team seems better balanced with more mids

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 pm 
Bob Chitty

Blue Vain wrote:
fmurphy30 wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
Do you

Very entertaining post. Well written and gave me a smile. But really a load of rubbish. What's more likely in your opinion?

Option A: He is an awesome player giving 100% and delivering on what the club asks of him and being really hard at it and kicking 5 goals and being ignored for selection because the MC don't like him?

Or

Option B: that he isn't doing what is asked of him, is only laying an average over 3 years of less than one tackle per game and isn't doing the hard stuff and is instead taking a few marks against ordinary VFL opposition and kicking a few goals?

Please. Tell me, do you honestly believe A or B above?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next