Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

kingkerna wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Son on the right "oh I do much prefer the polo with mummy"

The young brooding Elvis.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Seriously- how good was that win eh?
So much fun being at the game becaUse we had the ball most of the game. We just played so well.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:32 am 
Robert Walls

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Just watching those....Graham got himself in a position to goal several times but wasn't used. Good signs.

I was thinking the same thing. He kicked one, narrowly missed another and was in a position for over-the-top-in-the-square goals twice more. He was also in acres of space when Thomas hit Wright on the lead. He could have ended up with 4 goals.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:34 am 
Craig Bradley

Great win
Wrong again Silvagni Rowe White all played their part and for the second week eating humble pie
Great game from Murphy has been sensational this year

Each week gets more exciting with Curnow SPS (agree about the Syd Jackson reference but more skilled ) Weitering Marchbank Williamson

Doherty Simpson Gibbs excellent
The Cripps excellent too

Nice to see the Carringbush almost competitive against some of the better sides in the competition :razz:
Silvagnis chase down of Hoskin- Elliot before half time inspirational

Great coaching by Bolts

Inflicting 125 years of suffering on the Cartingbush :smoking:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:59 am 
Bruce Doull

For the first time in (what feels like) decades, I have almost 100% confidence in our backline. The thought that Doch, Williamson, Mcreadie, Weitering, SBS, Charlie, Marchy, SOJ, Fisher, Crippa will all grow and play together for 10+ years is amazing.

Full credit to SOS for taking a basket-case list and turning it into real, long-term quality in 2 drafts. These boys are not fools gold.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:18 pm 
Geoff Southby

Game plan,defensive structure etc etc all going well.But you know something,a good opposition analyalist will tear the best game to shreds.But the same bloke is powerless against genuine talent and ability.AT LAST,we are getting genuine talent into the place.Kids that can play.And in addition to there talent they are gutsy kids who go in hard for the ball.......................its pretty obvious to me that Silvagni is placing courage above all else.Reckon Silvagni realizes that blokes that cheat and take short cuts are a cancer in a footyy club that spreads through the ranks like wildfire.................a tough hard footy team is developing.Just like the old days.Got a gut feeling this aint a false dawn.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Game plan,defensive structure etc etc all going well.But you know something,a good opposition analyalist will tear the best game to shreds.But the same bloke is powerless against genuine talent and ability.AT LAST,we are getting genuine talent into the place.Kids that can play.And in addition to there talent they are gutsy kids who go in hard for the ball.......................its pretty obvious to me that Silvagni is placing courage above all else.Reckon Silvagni realizes that blokes that cheat and take short cuts are a cancer in a footyy club that spreads through the ranks like wildfire.................a tough hard footy team is developing.Just like the old days.Got a gut feeling this aint a false dawn.

If you look at the types of players GWS have you can see parallels in terms of a bit of toughness and mongrel about them

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:39 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Loved the Daisy shake n bake. Had a good game yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Green shoots, I share your confidence that this time it isn't a false dawn. The other important sign here is that the magoos are flying as well. The NBs have plenty of kids with potential pressing for a shot at the big time. Take short steps or let standards slip and there's a kid with eyes on your spot. Just ask Daisy! Also, by dropping daisy Bolton sent a message, nobody is bigger than the club, if your form drops or you arent putting in you WILL be replaced by a kid that is busting a gut!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

AIRCAV wrote:
Get excited!

Too late

Already am :)

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

2ndeffort wrote:
Green shoots, I share your confidence that this time it isn't a false dawn. The other important sign here is that the magoos are flying as well. The NBs have plenty of kids with potential pressing for a shot at the big time. Take short steps or let standards slip and there's a kid with eyes on your spot. Just ask Daisy! Also, by dropping daisy Bolton sent a message, nobody is bigger than the club, if your form drops or you arent putting in you WILL be replaced by a kid that is busting a gut!

This may not result in a flag as their bloody hard to win, but the approach we are taking gives us the best chance of achieving it

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just watched the replay.

Ed Curnow is a marvel. His running power and intensity around the contest are so impressive. Sure he has his shortcomings but damn he gets the most out of himself with sheer will-power.

ASOS brings some much-needed mongrel. Marchbank, Doc and Plowman aren't intimidators but ASOS sure is. Pity he isn't 28 or so but I guess he hasn't played a lot of grueling AFL over the journey and he does look in spectacular condition. Hopefully, we can get 3 seasons out of him.

The form of ASOS and Marchbank has allowed Big Sam to just relax and do what he needs knowing full well he has support from those two and Doc.

I would be tempted to give Weits a rest for KJ. He just looks to lack some spark at times.

Once Charlie starts hanging onto those marks he gets his hands on 'Lookout world' :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:

ASOS brings some much-needed mongrel. Marchbank, Doc and Plowman aren't intimidators but ASOS sure is. Pity he isn't 28 or so but I guess he hasn't played a lot of grueling AFL over the journey and he does look in spectacular condition. Hopefully, we can get 3 seasons out of him.

Regards Cazzesman

Brian Lake says hello.

:razz: :wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm 
Trevor Keogh

SOS is the list manager of the century.

He really has a great eye for talent.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

KoRn wrote:
SOS is the list manager of the century.

I like what SOS has done too, but how about we keep this in the bank should we win #17?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

This image says it all (note the top right corner)

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
This image says it all (note the top right corner)

Great photo... Love the grin!
I've been a big critic of Daisy, but he had a good game.... No issue with him getting a game if he plays like that.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NuOY6zrRRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lf2YDhjhuA

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next