Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:30 pm 
Craig Bradley

With that last little bit at the end, I'd forgotten how much fun it was to watch Fev. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Stefchook wrote:
With that last little bit at the end, I'd forgotten how much fun it was to watch Fev. :thumbsup:

Was at the G for that game. Boys weekend for my 30th. What a magnificent day it was. Will never forget it.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:36 am 
Stephen Kernahan

First of all, thanks to Wookie for his stirling work getting the footage here for us to enjoy.

After a blistering series of complaints from who knows how many subscribers, the providers of the live stream tweaked something and the stream was perfect. They are three and four so far this year.

Great game to watch. I grew up in the fifties and started watching footy in the sixties. I've seen the glory years and the hate between these two clubs as well as Richmond and Essendon*. The so called big four of that era. Well, the big three. Collingwood didn't win anything but they made a suitable chopping block for the other three.

Pros:
The game plan we were promised has arrived. I was critical early of our lack of run after BB told us we would see daring footy. Changed for the better.
Great mix of experience and youth in the team now. We will trouble a lot of sides and probably get seven or eight wins. Enough to encourage and still not too many to get us away from the pointy end of the draft.
Marchbank is going to be our FB for fifteen years if he can stay on the park.
A. Silvagni brings mongrel into the back six as well as his undoubted ability. The younget ones will play more confidently with him and Rowe there.
Williamson is probably the best kick we have had in the team since Wayne Johnson.
SPS showed us a bag of tricks yesterday. The everywhere man, Sandy called him. When he gets it the crowd sits up and watches.
Simmo and the other senior players played well. Murphy had a great game and Gibbs may have been a shade down on his possession count but he was ferocious inside and had quite a few tackles.
Kreuzer played a great game as well. Rucked well, which is not his forte but he needs to tae more marks around the ground.
Levi is now kicking goals at 69-70%. Tony Lockett and Jason Dunstall were in that area. If he keeps it up he will kick 60 goals a year or more.
Thomas had a great game. Loved his goal and celebration.
C. Curnow will rip a game apart soon. he has started flying for marks and he only has to hold a couple and we will see something special.
E. Curnow had a typical game.
Wright a good pickup.

Cons: (hard to find)
Weitering was hobbling about again. That corkie might need a week off.
Someone has to make way for Jack Silvagni. (Weitering? Graeme? Kerridge?)
I commented in the match thread that the umpires seemed to have fallen into the trap of giving Collingwood a lot of the 50-50 decisions and a few minutes later we had that string of dubious frees that made it look as though they were trying to even up the score.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The Dominator is my favourite all time player and was a beautiful kick but I'd still rate Diesel's kicking above him.

It's just that his handballing was so sublime people forget how good a kick he was.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Adam Chatfield wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Game plan,defensive structure etc etc all going well.But you know something,a good opposition analyalist will tear the best game to shreds.But the same bloke is powerless against genuine talent and ability.AT LAST,we are getting genuine talent into the place.Kids that can play.And in addition to there talent they are gutsy kids who go in hard for the ball.......................its pretty obvious to me that Silvagni is placing courage above all else.Reckon Silvagni realizes that blokes that cheat and take short cuts are a cancer in a footyy club that spreads through the ranks like wildfire.................a tough hard footy team is developing.Just like the old days.Got a gut feeling this aint a false dawn.

If you look at the types of players GWS have you can see parallels in terms of a bit of toughness and mongrel about them

The bart cummings of AFL?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 am 
John Nicholls

bluegirl72 wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Game plan,defensive structure etc etc all going well.But you know something,a good opposition analyalist will tear the best game to shreds.But the same bloke is powerless against genuine talent and ability.AT LAST,we are getting genuine talent into the place.Kids that can play.And in addition to there talent they are gutsy kids who go in hard for the ball.......................its pretty obvious to me that Silvagni is placing courage above all else.Reckon Silvagni realizes that blokes that cheat and take short cuts are a cancer in a footyy club that spreads through the ranks like wildfire.................a tough hard footy team is developing.Just like the old days.Got a gut feeling this aint a false dawn.

If you look at the types of players GWS have you can see parallels in terms of a bit of toughness and mongrel about them

Give SOS one more draft... need to see how he plays our first pick, what bold moves he makes with the likes of Gibbs... (the Jake Lever rumour has legs I hear) and with a few players on big coin off our list if he does pull the trigger on a FA or not...

As has been said before, one family has given this club so, so much.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:09 am 
Vale 1953-2020

robertbb wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

Give SOS one more draft... need to see how he plays our first pick, what bold moves he makes with the likes of Gibbs... (the Jake Lever rumour has legs I hear) and with a few players on big coin off our list if he does pull the trigger on a FA or not...

As has been said before, one family has given this club so, so much.

Well, SOLD actually. I believe that SOS has been quite well paid for his contributions...... some of it under the table.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just watched the full game for the first time.

So many positives that have already been mentioned.

One of the most pleasing things is we are developing legitimate toughness and physicality. Not try hard tough guy stuff but real footy hardness. Been crying out for this for years. Brilliant to see. No longer the pushovers. Hope this continues.

Credit to Murph. He's been great this year but imho was particularly poor against Port. His last 2 games in response have been fantastic. Sensational stuff.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It's all very pleasing.

Seriously it's all about the effort and discipline to sticking to the process and game plan by both the playing group and the coaches.

It's not all about the wins (although pleasing when they are against the Drug Cheats and the Filth :wink: ).

Efforts like we saw against Port are still likely but hopefully less so.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

A big tick for the MCC and catering for saturday.
In the southern stand, went to buy my kids hot chips at half time.
The 2 food outlets that sell general fried and fatty crap are closed. Red Rooster and the sandwich shop underneath open but the lines were horrendous.
Great idea to cut costs by closing the shops. It's not like it was a big crowd or anything

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

buzzaaaah wrote:
The 2 food outlets that sell general fried and fatty crap are closed. Red Rooster and the sandwich shop underneath open but the lines were horrendous.
Great idea to cut costs by closing the shops. It's not like it was a big crowd or anything

70,000 was a tad disappointing- more so that it was a Collingwood home game and their 125th anniversary.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:00 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/861456642910470144

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

buzzaaaah wrote:

Yeah what was going on with that? 75K expected and many outlets were closed. They had a number of crappy kiosks selling one thing but the major outlets weren't open. I wanted a sandwich as I was too lazy to make my own and ended up in the Ponsford stand just to buy one.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Like I said to my mate, get rid of these corrupt caterers.
Put some rival fish and chip shop and cafe owners in and watch the service quality and prices improve overnight

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:33 pm 
formerly King Kenny

missnaut wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Yeah what was going on with that? 75K expected and many outlets were closed. They had a number of crappy kiosks selling one thing but the major outlets weren't open. I wanted a sandwich as I was too lazy to make my own and ended up in the Ponsford stand just to buy one.

No pies available 15mins before the game in the Ponsford, level 3. 20 min wait they said. Hopeless.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

If Daisy Thomas does nothing more of note in a Carlton jumper, I'll always love him for his goal in the last term. Last quarter, against his old side, game on the line, in front of their feral Cheer Squad and on ther 125th Anniversary Celebrations.. Knife stuck firmly through their hearts... The ultimate insult to them, and a job well done!! And boy did he love it!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

yep. just when I'd finally lost faith in him, he goes and does that!
back to loving him again. (for now... :sly: )

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dominator_7 wrote:
If Daisy Thomas does nothing more of note in a Carlton jumper, I'll always love him for his goal in the last term. Last quarter, against his old side, game on the line, in front of their feral Cheer Squad and on ther 125th Anniversary Celebrations.. Knife stuck firmly through their hearts... The ultimate insult to them, and a job well done!! And boy did he love it!!!

At least he showed passion!!That is all we need!!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA Votes

COLLINGWOOD v CARLTON
9 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)
9 Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carl)
6 Marc Murphy (Carl)
4 Caleb Marchbank (Carl)
1 Taylor Adams (Coll)
1 Ben Reid (Coll)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm 
Robert Walls

Effes wrote:
AFLCA Votes

COLLINGWOOD v CARLTON
9 Matthew Kreuzer (Carl)
9 Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carl)
6 Marc Murphy (Carl)
4 Caleb Marchbank (Carl)
1 Taylor Adams (Coll)
1 Ben Reid (Coll)

Dal Santo said Ben Reid was best on ground. Another idiot in the media with a microphone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next