Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:29 pm 
formerly Blue Boots

Okay. Firstly, I'm looking forward to playing them. I really am.
But it's got nothing to do with the rivalry we have with them. I'm looking forward to it because I think we can win. And ultimately, that's what I want to see with the Carlton Football Club.
I've mentioned it on here before: but I just don't feel the hatred of the club that the overwhelming majority do.
How can I hate a club that we have the overwhelming advantage in Ws an Ls in Grand Finals?
How can I hate a club that has so many losses than wins in Grand Finals? It's a national hilarity. :lol:
How can I hate a club that at first, sucked badly and never made the finals as my first memory of them?
How can I hate a club that we have never played a finals match in during my entire lifetime, yet alone the fact I've never seen this event?
So what brings about your personal hatred for the Club?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Faded for me too. Far more animosity for Essendon* and Richmond now.
In my case it was largely inherited - you were supposed to hate them. Eddie's involvement helped that along as did the natural dislike of the fact that they were the largest club for such a long time. But now - meh. I am sure if they climb back towards the top, dormant genetic hatred would be reactivated...

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

I don't hate them. In my lifetime they've given me no reason to. Very happy they beat Geelong.

I wanted them to beat St Kilda in the grand final in 2011, now *there's* a team I hate.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:32 pm 
Robert Walls

Arnhem blues wrote:
Faded for me too. Far more animosity for Essendon** and Richmond now.
In my case it was largely inherited - you were supposed to hate them. Eddie's involvement helped that along as did the natural dislike of the fact that they were the largest club for such a long time. But now - meh. I am sure if they climb back towards the top, dormant genetic hatred would be reactivated...

This - hate Essendon* and West Coast way more. Begrudging respect for the pies and overall Eddie has been good for footy. Hate Bucks though.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

Bolt from the Blue wrote:
So what brings about your personal hatred for the Club?

Because they are.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:40 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Traditional rival with big bragging rights on the line for each game which is fun for both sets of supporters.... which is nothing like the hatred I have for Essendon* who are such a downer and legitimate stain on the competition.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:40 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Don't hate them. But then again, F*#k the rest! ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeah I've never really hated them because we have not been relevant at the same time that I can remember.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:
Traditional rival with big bragging rights on the line for each game which is fun for both sets of supporters.... which is nothing like the hatred I have for Essendon** who are such a downer and legitimate stain on the competition.

This.

Whether we care to admit it or not, both sets of supporters know that their respective clubs wouldn't be what they are without the other.

It's the definition of "Healthy hatred".

Essendon* are pieces of shit.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Traditional rival with big bragging rights on the line for each game which is fun for both sets of supporters.... which is nothing like the hatred I have for Essendon*** who are such a downer and legitimate stain on the competition.

This.

Whether we care to admit it or not, both sets of supporters know that their respective clubs wouldn't be what they are without the other.

Essendon** are pieces of shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:29 pm 
John Nicholls

kennyhunter wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Traditional rival with big bragging rights on the line for each game which is fun for both sets of supporters.... which is nothing like the hatred I have for Essendon**** who are such a downer and legitimate stain on the competition.

This.

Essendon*** are pieces of shit.

X4

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

Such heresy!

As I'm in my fifties, the Collingwood contempt runs strong in me, and the joy of beating them three times in GF's was such joy.

While I'll have loathing for certain clubs on occasions, especially Essendon* and St Kilda, the fear of losing to Collingwood is all consuming.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

JackWorrall wrote:
Such heresy!

As I'm in my fifties, the Collingwood contempt runs strong in me, and the joy of beating them three times in GF's was such joy.

While I'll have loathing for certain clubs on occasions, especially Essendon** and St Kilda, the fear of losing to Collingwood is all consuming.

Amen !

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

The rivalry has lost its bite.

We've become irrelevant over the last 15 years whilst the pies are still relevant because of one man........Eddie Maguire.

Irrespective its a good feeling beating them.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Like most things in football, its history.

Adjoining suburbs and tribal loyalties

Collingwood was THE most successful club with 13 flags and had the largest supporter base when many of us here started following the game. Collingwood and Carlton were both very strong through the late 60's 70's and 80's and had many titanic battles which often included all in brawls. They probably hate us more than we hate them for what we did to them in finals, especially 1970 and 1979. Many older Collingwood supporters have never gotten over 1970. My uncle who played in the 1958 Collingood premiership side said to me after that game "that goal of Jesaulenko's must have bounced for 60 yards before it went through...it ripped my @#$%&! heart out". It scarred him for life.

And for me, going to that shithole Victoria Park and having to put up with those feral cauliflower in their arrogant glory when they inevitably beat us there was infuriating. Most of the kids at school where I grew up barracked for Collingwood and they were inevitably loud mouthed aggressive dyslexics with no hope and no future. And in more recent times that Cooooolllliiiinngwwwwoooood chant at the G was pretty @#$%&! annoying and re kindled suppressed bad memories for some of us.

In years gone by there was only Collingwood, Essendon* and Richmond to hate. The rest were inconsequential. Collingwood were easy to hate back then, less so now, but the animosity is just below the surface and will easily reignite. Maybe this Saturday, especially if Joffa puts on his gold jacket and that staging wanker Fasolo pulls a freak goal out of his arse.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I love them.

Wojee wrote:
Harmes was out

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

Keep the hatred alive!

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:45 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

RickJ wrote:
Like most things in football, its history.

Adjoining suburbs and tribal loyalties

Collingwood was THE most successful club with 13 flags and had the largest supporter base when many of us here started following the game. Collingwood and Carlton were both very strong through the late 60's 70's and 80's and had many titanic battles which often included all in brawls. They probably hate us more than we hate them for what we did to them in finals, especially 1970 and 1979. Many older Collingwood supporters have never gotten over 1970. My uncle who played in the 1958 Collingood premiership side said to me after that game "that goal of Jesaulenko's must have bounced for 60 yards before it went through...it ripped my @#$%&! heart out". It scarred him for life.

And for me, going to that shithole Victoria Park and having to put up with those feral cauliflower in their arrogant glory when they inevitably beat us there was infuriating. Most of the kids at school where I grew up barracked for Collingwood and they were inevitably loud mouthed aggressive dyslexics with no hope and no future. And in more recent times that Cooooolllliiiinngwwwwoooood chant at the G was pretty @#$%&! annoying and re kindled suppressed bad memories for some of us.

In years gone by there was only Collingwood, Essendon** and Richmond to hate. The rest were inconsequential. Collingwood were easy to hate back then, less so now, but the animosity is just below the surface and will easily reignite. Maybe this Saturday, especially if Joffa puts on his gold jacket and that staging wanker Fasolo pulls a freak goal out of his arse.

Good one. Especially the bit about daily sex.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:46 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Er... I mean dyslexia.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
JackWorrall wrote:
Such heresy!

While I'll have loathing for certain clubs on occasions, especially Essendon*** and St Kilda, the fear of losing to Collingwood is all consuming.

Amen !

Amen