Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

The clubs I hate more than Collingwood-

Essendon*
Richmond
St Kilda
Hawthorn
Geelong

Geelong are a recent addition to my list. I find the Demons pretty annoying when they win a few games too, so they are knocking on the door of my top 5.

Collingwood have become a mid-table team in my 'ladder of hate'.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The Collingwood hatred was built into me by a tenacious grandfather, and over the years it has softened.

I have respect for Collingwood. They have a great following and there's not much better than seeing the navy blue jumpers run out against the black and white stripes.

I still hold Collingwood as our greatest rivals, but it's a generally respectful rivalry that thankfully sees us having won 5 of the 6 GF's we've played.

Contrast that with Essendon*. That is a rivalry based on pure, total and utter contempt and hatred. Nothing comes close to that level of hatred.

Daylight back to Richmond, hawthorn etc for mine.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

Quote:
The two clubs have played each other 253 times in the VFL/AFL, with Carlton ahead with 126 wins to Collingwood's 123, and 4 draws

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton%E2%80%93Collingwood_AFL_rivalry

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

As I have said previously on TC,

and as I say to my 'woods mates, I don't hate Collingwood we beat you in FIVE grand finals.

That gets 'em more upset than anything.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
As I have said previously on TC,

and as I say to my 'woods mates, I don't hate Collingwood we beat you in FIVE grand finals.

That gets 'em more upset than anything.

:thumbsup:

Its good isn't it!

My young 13yo also adds....we don't hate Collingwood as much as you think.
Why would Carlton have sponsored Collingwood to join the VFL a hundred years ago.
Collingwood is like our little brother.

If Carlton means Premierships, and there's 23 all up, then Collingwood is doing fine following Carlton's mantra with 13. :wink:

I hate Essendumb the most with their secret hand shakes and back room deals.
They are the only team caught and found guilty to winning a flag, in 1993. :eek:
Essendon* boy Evans was Commissioner back then, and let them off :screwy: :mad:

How can anyone like Essendumb after that episode, then followed by them drug cheating and bashing up opponents whilst on the juice.

Last edited by bondiblue on Wed May 03, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:12 am 
Bruce Doull

My dislike of opposition clubs is pretty closely tied to how much I can tolerate their fans.

Essendon* supporters are the most self-entitled pack of pricks in the AFL (a true reflection of their club). I love my Dad, but when he starts talking about Essendon* I'm like "shut up f*%&wit". The ridiculous hashtags they all sported during the doping saga shone a light on just how far they are up their own arses.

Collingwood fans on the other hand are generally OK to talk to about footy.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:48 am 
Serge Silvagni

Growing up in the 60s the enemy were the Filth and the Tiggers. Funnily enough I reserved my hate for the Tiggers but gained my most satisfaction from defeating the Filth especially when risking my life at Vic Park.

This was the status quo until the 90s when the Drug Cheats* were added to the hate file from which they have never left. The other teams are more annoyances than anything else but I will enjoy the end of the Hawthorn era.

All through that time until the present day I still enjoy victories against the Filth as a special joy.

Hopefully we will maintain our tradition of spoiling their parties !!!

Than I used to, my love

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
My dislike of opposition clubs is pretty closely tied to how much I can tolerate their fans.

Yep.
My list is Essendon*, Richmond and St Kilda with North Melbourne and Collingwood on the next line.
The Kangas may surprise some people but their whinging victim mentality drives me nuts.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I've always really hated Port for some reason. I think it's mostly to do with Dwayne Russell being such a cauliflower.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:30 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Taking my kids to their first Collingwood game this Saturday, going with a Collingwood family.

I'm slowly educating them to dislike. But the primary dislike (read hatred) is for the drug cheats* and my 9 and 7 year olds are well versed in talk of cheating with drugs. Now for the 4 year old.

Dear wife not happy with it though.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Wojee wrote:

Essendon** supporters are the most self-entitled pack of pricks in the AFL (a true reflection of their club). I love my Dad, but when he starts talking about Essendon** I'm like "shut up f*%&wit". The ridiculous hashtags they all sported during the doping saga shone a light on just how far they are up their own arses.

Collingwood fans on the other hand are generally OK to talk to about footy.

So true.

I went to Victoria Park first as a kid and cowered in the outer literally fearing for my life. Second time as a teenager with a mild mannered 'woods mate who developed white line fever. He was so mild mannered he became an accountant. At Vic Park mad. Never a third time.

Again as a kid and against the tiggies thought someone had spilt their beer behind me. A tiggies neanderthal could not have been bothered to go to the bathroom.

Against the druggies 100s of pages on TC says it all.

My age is showing. Everyone else is on a par apart maybe the Hawks because of the bastard Clarkson.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:48 pm 
Ken Hands

nck wrote:
I don't hate them. In my lifetime they've given me no reason to. Very happy they beat Geelong.

I wanted them to beat St Kilda in the grand final in 2011, now *there's* a team I hate.

You and me both :smile:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:18 pm 
Craig Bradley

Millennials :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Essendon* is by far the team I loathe the most (except for Zach Merrett) but I tend to chop and change to whom is second.

Sometimes it's the people you know and how they act as a supporter that makes you dislike that team. Other times it can be one player or coach that makes your blood boil.

My father has always taught me to hate Coll but I feel my dislike towards them is more about my worry that they will be better than us. I see them as a yard stick to where we should be both on and off the field rather then hating them because of who they are. I hate losing to them.

It has got me thinking. All clubs seem have a theme about them that encourages you to dislike them. Here are a few.

Adelaide - Mark Ruciuto in the trade period last year. The supporters seem to not know the rules of the game.

Hawthorn - Constantly have excuses when they lose even when they were the best team in the comp. Find me a Hawks fan who doesn't whinge when they lose.

North - Speaking of whining. Brad Scott will do it at every opportunity. Their supporters think it's their right that they should play on Friday nights.

Port - The most disgusting and uneducated supporter base in Australia. Has anyone ever gone to a Port game in Adelaide? It's horrible.

There are more and I don't know where to even start with Essendon*.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

This thread is another example of the stain left on the game by Drugs FC...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:35 pm 
Ken Hands

JackWorrall wrote:
Such heresy!

As I'm in my fifties, the Collingwood contempt runs strong in me, and the joy of beating them three times in GF's was such joy.

While I'll have loathing for certain clubs on occasions, especially Essendon** and St Kilda, the fear of losing to Collingwood is all consuming.

Also in my fifties and agree totally, absolute hatred of the bar stools ,don't know any other way !!!! , also can't stand the injectors (Essendon* )and Richmond always manage to stuff things up themselves so don't worry about them :mad:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

Pretty much hate all other clubs equally, except for *. They hold a special place in my heart

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Collingwood haven't really bothered me after all in my life time we have beaten them in grand finals. My hatred for Essendon* is massive, growing up in Essendon*, my close mates are Essendon* supporters, most of my family also support Essendon*.

My hatred for Essendon* started back in the eighties when they used to bash us around, remember watching Duckworth kneeing Hunter right in the middle of the back. Duckworth and others really used to bash us around.

For some reason even their players I can't tolerate, Bewick, Moorcroft, Lloyd, Fletcher the sniper/kicker, Hurley and more recent Joey Daniher.

My Essendon* mates reckon I need to see a psychologist to address my hate for this club.

Living in Essendon* in my early days I had to represent Essendon* in the little league, I didn't want to but my folks made play. The photo taken on the days sums up my thoughts on Essendon* - not happy.

I often drive past Windy Hill and I have no control and I have to give the club the bird, no control at all :)

There are other clubs I dislike but the Dons soak up 99% of my hatred.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:17 pm 
Craig Bradley

The best explanation for who you hate the most, is who beat you in a Granny/denied you a GF. As such, my hatred for the pies is not even in the same stratosphere as my Collingwood mates hatred of us. Similar for the bombers. I detest them especially for 93. Collingwood much less so. Hence the Cat and Hawks fans.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:54 pm 
Craig Bradley

I'm not a very hateful person, and after Essendon** I have absolutely no hatred left in me for anyone.
That shit stain of a club entirely consumes every ounce of hate I have in me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next