Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Pretty sure I saw in the highlights Goddard kicked a nine pointer but was only ruled 6 points.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

Get Beans

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:32 am 
Harry Vallence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:15 am 
Garry Crane

The_Wookie wrote:

Great Stuff!

Idiot Lloyd still saying our recycled players are bad, wasn't willing to admit he was wrong on guys like Plowman and Marchabnk. If you were doing an All-Australian team after 3 rounds, Plowman would have to be in it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Thanks Wook!!
Geez those were some lazy reports.
Chestnuts like ' they are enjoying their footy under Bolton..he's a breath of fresh air..' (not sic)
What about Plowman? What about the kids? Ah well.
Patience.. gonna be a long slog.
No guarantee to win against Suns either, has some have mentioned. Good that Murph got some credit.
I was thinking the same as Dunstall really. I was wrong about Murph as a leader... he's stepped up and matured.
Hats off to him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 am 
Harry Vallence

maxyblue wrote:
Really really enjoyed the win but why is the club making Kernahan front and centre here ... if the playing group needs "sticks" to deliver some motivational speech then this will become another false dawn ... I'm not suggesting the playing group needed the speech to win, but I wasn't there so perhaps they did ... i any event, I'd like to see the club stop this beatification of Kernahan ... champion footballer ... shithouse administrator

Didn't Kernahan present Tom Williamson with his jumper then made a speech about what it means to play for the jumper? What did you want Kernahan to do throw Tom the jumper and head to the bar without saying a word?? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Watched the game in Shanghai with London Blue.
Streaming was great. I think problem may be network in country you're in.

What a fantastic game of attrition.
I didn't think the kids could give that effort for more than 3 quarters.
London backed the Blues if they could crack 90 tackles.
The players definetely play for each other and are programmed to endure.

Weather suited us but the future is obviously very bright.

My best was Gibbs and Murphy.
Plowman best in 1st half and has played 3 good games in a row. He's hot.
Rowe is the Rock and Docherty the General.
Rowe is a beauty with 3 scalps in 3 weeks. He's belated 3 No. 1 KPFs.

Agree with everyone's best. Samo, Willow, Macreadie revelations.
Silvagni is a smart competitive beast.
Pickett showed enough to believe it's about to click.

Time to get real about Thomas. He's a passenger.
Tries hard but this is a new team. We need ball winners.
I don't need stats to see anything longer than a 20 metre chip from Daisy is a clanger.
We need to move the ball quickly with metres gained on sunny days.
He's cooked.

Kids we have picked up over last 2 years (bar McKay and Cunners, fisher and Polson) have proven to be the future and should displace depth players when fit.

Depth players are Daisy, Palmer and Kerridge.

I was a bit tough on Murphy last game. He led from front. This week he gained metres and did away with sideways and backward chip game, as you should on wet days. He has been valuable and consistent this year and I'm hoping he's been building to his line breaking best.

Over the moon.

Me and my boys are wearing our Carlton jumpers all over China this next month. People see the jumper, stop us and want a photo. It's the jumper.

Watched the game with Americans on train to Xian and they thought the umpires obviously favoured the red slash. I thought you'd like to hear that. They also mentioned the commentators don't help the viewer understand the game, as they barrack and discuss too much outside the game. They couldn't get away with that in the States.

BT needs to become an impartial reader of the gam againe. I know he practised and practised to make it on TV but it seems his ego has got in the way the longer he's on TV. It's time for him to change or be substituted. He lacks class, and doesn't do our game justice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Oh yeah... Wright and Kreuzer our heart and soul.

Both been in our best for 3 weeks in a row.

Not sexy, but work hard, hit hard, and lead by example.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:47 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:

Agree, my feed was bad at Saigon airport but every customer I meet in Vietnam complains about network cost and performance so nothing strange about that. Most ASEAN counties are years behind the rest of the world for internet access.

When I arrived back in singapore I rewatched the whole game and the stream was fine as it has been for the last month.

I only had streaming problems in singapore with the first few women's matches.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 am 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
We'll look forward to the 7.5 seconds that "Football Classified" devotes to the summary of the game "The Wookie" will have to have his finger ready on the record button otherwise he's going to miss it.
:razz:

On the Couch, Talking Footy, Classified and 360 all add up to about 30 sec, so you are remarkably accurate.

Garry Lyon making a smart arse comment about Cripps and Rowe being right to play

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

the worst ep. of F.C I've ever seen. nothing but bleating and ego head butting, with dim commentary interspersed.
is there a decent footy review show left anywhere?
I suppose...Offsiders...haven't watched it for ages. my luck it'll be Tracey Holmes reviewing the game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:00 pm 
Robert Walls

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

Agree, my feed was bad at Saigon airport but every customer I meet in Vietnam complains about network cost and performance so nothing strange about that. Most ASEAN counties are years behind the rest of the world for internet access.

When I arrived back in singapore I rewatched the whole game and the stream was fine as it has been for the last month.

I only had streaming problems in singapore with the first few women's matches.

I think some of its the app. Stream the audio on TuneIn and its fine. Go into the app and it constantly stops and has to buffer.

With the video, like most things the AFL doesn't just want the money from the subscriptions, there are ads between goals, every bit of data is associated with a sponsor, even at the ground TISSOT had a countdown going on the ground level fence.

The app is so poor. Can't watch the video and look at individual player stats. You have to minimise the video, go out of the match day video, look at the stats and then go back. Also can't make it full screen. No idea what the heat maps are meant to be showing me. Just utter garbage really.

Should also have the option of choosing the audio. Maybe I'd prefer Stan Alves to BT? They could make it so good but are too busy monetising every aspect of the game the actual platform sucks donkey balls.

Backwater leadership and sports administration. Money first in every aspect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

Dk wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:

Great Stuff!

Idiot Lloyd still saying our recycled players are bad, wasn't willing to admit he was wrong on guys like Plowman and Marchabnk. If you were doing an All-Australian team after 3 rounds, Plowman would have to be in it.

Thanks for that Wookie.
Matthew Lloyd does a rolling All Australian team on Sunday mornings. I bet he doesn't have Plowman in it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/TheCarltonShow/stat ... 9561196544

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

Interesting a few people have written that the conditions suited our team, but I think the reverse is true.

Essendon* have a more mature team and bigger bodies, which would be better for wet weather slogs.

Nor do I think it dragged them down to our level. The difference was tactics and desire to win each contest, and I have no doubt we would've won if the game had been played in fine conditions as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:27 pm 
Bob Chitty

Wojee wrote:
The_Wookie wrote:

Legend!

Thanks champ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/st ... big-stage/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

Any one else watched the replay multiple times?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:56 pm 
John Nicholls

kezza wrote:
Any one else watched the replay multiple times?

Just twice but I am sure it will get another viewing over the course of the season.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10