Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel_85 wrote:
Williamson looked at home at AFL level. Coupled with marchbank, doc, plow, simmo.
Very very solid down back. SPS you're about to become a star kid

indeed!
now...
time to change your avatar name? hmm? :razz: :beer:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Was Simmo wearing a short sleeve over a long sleeve? Looked like that when they were walking off

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/850983733926559744

smells like team spirit. :smile: :smile: :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:37 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Pro's:

Great to see Murphy influencing the game
Williamson was as exciting as I expected. Hungry for it, and good disposal.
Macreadie proved that he is best 22. Brave at the pack, and good disposal.
SPS showing he was worth the pick. Can't wait to see him in 50 games time.
Plowman played his best game for us and also gave us a glimpse of how solid our defense will be for the next 10 years.
Well done to both Rowe and White who did their job!
Docherty is back to last season's form. I used to think we'd be screwed once Simmo retired. With Williamson coming through and Docherty taking over as the general in the back line, we are in good hands.
SOJ looked clever everytime the ball went near him. Wet weather definately suited him.

Cons:

It's a sad state of affairs when I watch the game and feel like the umpires are interfering with the game. Players and coaches can't say anything, media won't say anything, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they tell us in 20 years time that there was match fixing in the AFL. I know we won, but I was calling it during the game like a psychic. "Watch this, they'll give Essendon* a free in front of goal to even it up"....."IF we get the next goal, this game is ours but I bet they give Essendon* another free and keep them in it...." Its also just as much all the free kicks they don't pay our way, as it is the one's they award to the opposition. I lost count of the times they should have called illegal disposal when we stuck an awesome tackle, and the ball spilled out. Damn them. I know we can't play the game without them but I just want consistency. I'm tired of feeling that when the game is ours for the taking, the umpires intervene and keep the opposition in it. A free kick here, a Carlton free missed, and a couple of goals the other way and our guys drop their heads......Fortunately, we got the points today. Absolutely won on determination. Can't wait till we're winning consistently by a margin that is beyond opposition free kicks. I would like to see the stat for goals kicked against us, due to free kicks direct or indirect. I'll stop now and I hate to sound conspiratorial but it really does spoil some games for me....

Disappointed in the fox broadcast. I was getting tired of watching the opposition players getting interviewed, watching post game praise of our opposition and then listening to the opposition coach talk about how great they did. I knew that would all change with a win so I sat back in my chair, grabbed my corn-chips and pepsi, got comfy and the broadcast ended. They didn't even give us the team song in the rooms.....

The commentators were plainly biased. Even when blind freddy (whoever he is) can see that we were leading all the stats including time in fwd half, they were telling us that Essendon* had been the better team etc etc. We had the momentum the whole game. They got some easy goals, lucky free kicks in desirable locations, lucky bounces but to their credit, some good running and ball movement. We had everything else our way and they couldn't find it within themselves to call the obvious. They were almost silent when Bartel, down at the ground at 3 quarter time, told them that he thought Carlton would win. Lastly, they got players names wrong throughout the call. Damn. That's your job. Get the names right. Great mark by Plowman...what a game he's having. (true, except it was Marchbank).

Pickett looked sharper today and gave glimpses. He didn't do much at all as has already been said, but he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time and when he's on he'll be hard to stop. Not sure if heading back to the Northern Blues would help or hinder....Hard to be too critical though.

GO BLUES

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:39 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Would have liked to see more blues supporters at the game. Atmosphere in the last 10 minutes was electric and the song was belted out with huge gusto. Sign up people and come to the games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

With the number of boys in the circle, from above it would have looked like a Busby Berkeley musical.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

Post subject: Re: Blues win
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:49 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Bluesman44 wrote:
Good win by the boys today. We definitely dominated the forward possessions and should have won by more, but the conditions and some ordinary kicking at times didn't allow it. The usual suspects Gibbs and Murphy played well for us as did some our kids like Silvagni. Definitely some promising signs for the future and good intensity at the ball, especially in our back half. A couple of points to whinge about.
1. Apparently the incorrect disposal rule doesn't exist anymore as I cannot count how many times I saw Essendon** players who were tackled with the ball, simply dropping it the ground and no free against them.
2. The holding the ball rule is being enforced so inconsistently, even within a game. You can, depending on the umpire's mood it seems be pinged for it if you have just gotten rid of the ball.
3. To Bargearse (Brian Taylor), learn what the deliberate out of bounds rule is. It doesn't matter if the player, such as Kelly was, kicked it from over 40 metres to out of bounds, we have been pinged for the same distance kick. It also doesn't matter that he kicked it from the other side of the ground. He deliberately kicked it to where there was no Essendon** player, and he hoped no Carlton player, that being the boundary line. Yes Simpson could have tried to keep the ball in, BUT, the onus is not on him, as he wasn't the last player to have possession of the ball, Kelly was! And the fact that it may or may not have been paid if the weather conditions were different is irrelevant! You comment on the game that is being played Taylor, not on hypothetical situations. And lastly don't go whingeing on about the decision for 5 minutes afterwards. Comment on what is happening which is what you are paid to do!

Hopefully the boys can take some positive lessons away from that game and beat Gold Coast next week.

These are all comments I made to my missus while whinging throughout the game....Great post. I wonder if they'll ever iron this out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Phone cut out as soon as I left. But those Essendon* supporters were SALTY on the way out :lol:

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Heading on an article in the sports section of the Age today.

"Diesel aims to smash Blues". Williams this week told Essendon*'s club website he "really hoped the Bombers kick their arse". Oh dear!

I'd stay away from Lygon St. for a while if I were you Diesel.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

With the number of boys in the circle, from above it would have looked like a Busby Berkeley musical.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

CK95 wrote:
Was Simmo wearing a short sleeve over a long sleeve? Looked like that when they were walking off

Yes, all the players with long sleeves were, Thomas, Plowman, Marchbank.

We obviously didn't order the blueout guernsey in long sleeves.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Last edited by TruBlueBrad on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:

Looks like Jack is too in that post-game pic. They mustn't have had any long sleeve blue-out jumpers.

(As the post above says...)

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Last edited by bluedog on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

What a win.
So worth getting wet.
Huge last quarter by Docherty.
Murphy and Gibbs sensational all day.
Stick that up your clacker Matthew Lloyd.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Joe Daniher. Ugliest man in football and what a flog. But mate do something about that cystic acne you ugly cauliflower. It's scaring the children
Sam Rowe owned you today you hideous prick, beat you pointless.
Well done Rowey.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:03 pm 
John Nicholls

BREAKOUT WIN FOR A CORE GROUP OF YOUNG, HUNGRY, TALENTED PLAYERS BUILDING TO TAKE US INTO THE FUTURE... 7 GUYS 20 AND UNDER, 5 TEENAGERS... HARD BODY-ON-BODY FOOTBALL.

THANK YOU Essendon****** YOU FILTHY, CHEATING, COCK-SMOKING DOUCHENOZZLES!

DADADADADAAAAAAAAA&#^&*$&%

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Loved the jumper but it was hard to see the numbers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:17 pm 
Robert Walls

We are going to be so tough defensively in two years. That was disappointing about the tigers game. Last two weeks it's been great.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:23 pm 
John Nicholls

GreatEx wrote:
Stick that in your anabolic arses you unflushable turds of immeasurable, insidious, irredeemable iniquity - you @#$%&! twats!

When maybe you aren't the most skillful, or the fastest, or the strongest, or the fittest, you can go one of two ways. You can cheat, like scum, like filth, like human garbage.

Or you can stand up, stand together, show courage, leave everything you have on the pitch. Like Carlton did today.

@#$%&! you, commentators. @#$%&! you, AFL - was that score high enough for you, you cauliflower? Manipulate this, cocksuckers. Watch closely, we'll show you what real heroes are made of.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Very proud of my boys.

Hope a few get along next week, build some momentum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next