Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
Actually Syd I think you'll find BS was addressing 99prelim.

Situational awareness... :lol:
Whoops sorry BS

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:

I think we need drug tests on here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

dane wrote:
GWS wrote:

Ran out of beer last night
Opened a bottle of red
Bad choice :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am 
Craig Bradley

Nice own goal SB :lol:

I admire your passion and your views even if I don't agree with many of them... I also believe you should be allowed to present your thoughts without the personal attacks.

But I think you've gone 12 months early... I like to give a coach until his 3rd year to start judging his direction in the big picture. That's not to say I won't make observations in the meantime but need to understand the low base we're coming from. But if at this time next year we're still playing chippy-chippy-long bomb and praying other teams lose so we may avoid the spoon, I'm going to start asking questions as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
dane wrote:
GWS wrote:

Ran out of beer last night
Opened a bottle of red
Bad choice :lol:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hornet wrote:

I admire your passion and your views even if I don't agree with many of them... I also believe you should be allowed to present your thoughts without the personal attacks.

But I think you've gone 12 months early... I like to give a coach until his 3rd year to start judging his direction in the big picture. That's not to say I won't make observations in the meantime but need to understand the low base we're coming from. But if at this time next year we're still playing chippy-chippy-long bomb and praying other teams lose so we may avoid the spoon, I'm going to start asking questions as well.

Great post. Brilliant! :clap:

Btw - I'll be joining in, as I have raised these concerns already.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Hornet wrote:

I agree with giving a coach three years, but the problem here is most have already decided that he is a success already, rather than wait three years (or longer).

We've all been teased by multiple false dawns over the last 15 years and I say SB is completely justified in being sceptical.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:
Hornet wrote:

I agree with giving a coach three years, but the problem here is most have already decided that he is a success already, rather than wait three years (or longer).

We've all been teased by multiple false dawns over the last 15 years and I say SB is completely justified in being sceptical.

Hear, hear, (to both posts).

I hope as much as anyone that we're building a list that will see us in flag contention in a few years, but IMO there are quite a few posters here who are a bit bullish about things. I seem to have heard the phrase "did a couple of nice things" used consistently as a precursor to "will be a future star" ... but it doesn't always work out that way. The best draft pick we've had in recent times is Cripps. IIRC he was injured for a lot of his first season, then won our B&F is his second. In other words it didn't take long for the quality to shine through. I reckon if we're going to seriously climb the ladder we're going to need at least half a dozen as good as him.

I like the way Carlton is going about things under Bolton, but it's waaayyyy to early to be talking future top 4 placings based on what we've seen so far. Hopefully next year some of these kids will take the next step and really start to shine.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigKev wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Hornet wrote:

Hear, hear, (to both posts).

I hope as much as anyone that we're building a list that will see us in flag contention in a few years, but IMO there are quite a few posters here who are a bit bullish about things. I seem to have heard the phrase "did a couple of nice things" used consistently as a precursor to "will be a future star" ... but it doesn't always work out that way. The best draft pick we've had in recent times is Cripps. IIRC he was injured for a lot of his first season, then won our B&F is his second. In other words it didn't take long for the quality to shine through. I reckon if we're going to seriously climb the ladder we're going to need at least half a dozen as good as him.

I like the way Carlton is going about things under Bolton, but it's waaayyyy to early to be talking future top 4 placings based on what we've seen so far. Hopefully next year some of these kids will take the next step and really start to shine.

Nice post

Agree one must always wait for long term results and short time, before judging outcome, and Bolton's win/loss doesn't look good in the last 8 rounds.
In my Eyes we have exceeded expectation with an even effort across the board and only 1 'sorta' blow out'.
We were too close too dismiss in 7 other game. Games we hit the front in the last.
Bolton has done that with kids instead of discards from other clubs, ever since Mansfield.

Players who haven't got it aren't playing.
Have a look at the names who aren't.
They are missing despite a huge injury list.
We need to and will replace them. We will upgrade ins some instances, which adds to depth.
That depth might just get us over the line next year and moreso the year after.

Since injuries we have struggled. Have a guess why?
Hint: don't focus on Bolton. He isn't injured.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Anybody else decidedly unimpressed with what Hopper has shown at this level thus far? Kelly on the hand... outright star, would hand over first pick in an instant.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

smithy wrote:
Anybody else decidedly unimpressed with what Hopper has shown at this level thus far? Kelly on the hand... outright star, would hand over first pick in an instant.

Hopper is the butter knife.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

smithy wrote:

If he's done the deal he might have checked out - been known to happen.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Pregame footage from the journey with Bolton telling the players how much he wants them to win.

What is wrong with this guy?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

Now someone try and tell me winning's not that important.
Come on ... I dares ya. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
GWS wrote:

Whoops sorry BS

For what?
It'd be a pretty boring place if nobody got excited.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

BigKev wrote:

:roll:

Nobody has been saying that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:38 pm 
Bob Chitty

BigKev wrote:

Oh my god!!!!! Nobody has said that!!!!

This all started with Craig's comment and Bolton just decided to mention it specifically in his presser.

"We make decisions not about where we might finish towards the bottem end of the ladder but we make decisions for the long term into the future because that's why we keep putting Zac Fisher out there, that's why SPS starts in the middle, that's why Charlie is playing Center Half Forward in his second year, because all those decisions are about the long term".

It's not about wins and losses. It's about decisions for the long term.

I hope you have a smile on your face SB. I hope you enjoyed our baby blues winning a great game. I had a ripper night and I genuinely hope everybody enjoyed it as much as I did.

GO BLUES!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

you know, i reckon if we got kelly - which is certainly not a gimme - but if we did, i think i would like to keep levi.
i think more burst out of the middle and levi deep, with pickett at his feet would be great. leaves charlie to be higher and harry time to get in gear.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BigKev wrote:

QFMFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree 10000%

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
BigKev wrote:

Oh my god!!!!! Nobody has said that!!!!

This all started with Craig's comment and Bolton just decided to mention it specifically in his presser.

"We make decisions not about where we might finish towards the bottem end of the ladder but we make decisions for the long term into the future because that's why we keep putting Zac Fisher out there, that's why SPS starts in the middle, that's why Charlie is playing Center Half Forward in his second year, because all those decisions are about the long term".

It's not about wins and losses. It's about decisions for the long term.

I hope you have a smile on your face SB. I hope you enjoyed our baby blues winning a great game. I had a ripper night and I genuinely hope everybody enjoyed it as much as I did.

GO BLUES!!!!
Loved every minute of it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 82  Next