Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:13 am 
Ken Hunter

I find it much better to just not watch or read any of the media coverage. Carlton game and that's it's it.. And even that exposes me too much to pathetic commentary and umpiring for one week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:52 am 
Bruce Doull

correct

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

Make Mitch McGovern an offer he can't refuse.
Maybe 6 years @ $700k per year.
Unbelievable talent...
Love to see him line up with Harry McKay and SOJ.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

List Management hey...l know hindsight is a wonderful thing but FMD Eddie Betts is making us look like fools!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:18 am 
Rod Ashman

Rod Waddell wrote:
List Management hey...l know hindsight is a wonderful thing but FMD Eddie Betts is making us look like fools!

Oh the pain, the pain.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:21 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rod Waddell wrote:

Yes but for a mere 200k more we got Daisy. His 1 tackle, 2 contested possessions and 4 clangers last week are an example to the young blokes. And don't forget, he speaks up in meetings. :thumbsup:
In the second quarter last week, Mathew Richardson commented "Dale Thomas is ahead of the contest with no-one on him". Does anyone really wonder why?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:43 am 
Horrie Clover

Blue Vain wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:

Yes but for a mere 200k more we got Daisy. His 1 tackle, 2 contested possessions and 4 clangers last week are an example to the young blokes. And don't forget, he speaks up in meetings. :thumbsup:
In the second quarter last week, Mathew Richardson commented "Dale Thomas is ahead of the contest with no-one on him". Does anyone really wonder why?

Aint no consolation but many a commentator 'expert' here in Radelaide thought the crows had paid too much for Eddie. They're eating their words now...

One of the few player losses that causes me to screw my face up in disgust and of course the stupid SA media pump him up way past universal proportions so there's no getting away from being reminded of his loss. :banghead: but time doesn't stand still and we must move on...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:42 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:

Sam Landsberger wrote an article in the HUN today about the Thomas deal. He reckons that Carlton would have got pick 13 for Betts under the free agency formula if we hadnt taken Daisy. I dispute that as we would only have got a second round pick for Kreuzer and he was offered more money on a longer term deal.
It will go down as the worst decision by this club since Stephen O'Reilly. Some of the extra money could have given to Betts and he would have most likely stayed, at least that is what he has said.
The decision making by some at our club is bloody frustrating.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:17 am 
Bruce Doull

What we forget though is that if Betts were still here we'd still be bombing the ball to the top of his head as our CHF.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:24 am 
Ken Hunter

Donstuie wrote:
What we forget though is that if Betts were still here we'd still be bombing the ball to the top of his head as our CHF.

True, but it would be better than watching those Crows supporters chanting his name.
I nearly want to cry when I see him kicking those freakish goals.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:19 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Betts' goals are works of art.

The list decisions made the first and second year Malthouse was at Carlton were very bad.
I don't mind that we lost a good player but we should have busted up the whole list at the end of 2012 and started what we are now doing years earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:

Sam Landsberger wrote an article in the HUN today about the Thomas deal. He reckons that Carlton would have got pick 13 for Betts under the free agency formula if we hadnt taken Daisy. I dispute that as we would only have got a second round pick for Kreuzer and he was offered more money on a longer term deal.
It will go down as the worst decision by this club since Stephen O'Reilly. Some of the extra money could have given to Betts and he would have most likely stayed, at least that is what he has said.
The decision making by some at our club is bloody frustrating.

Did you also read MM's revisionist history article, with the 'when Daisy comes good, we'll be eating our words conclusion'.....
He could win the Brownlow with the most votes in history, get mark and goal of the year .... And we would still be miles behind, let alone eat our words....
Made me vomit

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

club29 wrote:

The list decisions made the first and second year Malthouse was at Carlton were very bad.
I don't mind that we lost a good player but we should have busted up the whole list at the end of 2012 and started what we are now doing years earlier.

Say what you like. Malthouse turned over 12 per year during his tenure. He started rebuilding at carlton. Pity about the recruiting department

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 am 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:

It's a bit like having a spare defender in our forward half

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 am 
Harry Vallence

Michael Jezz wrote:
club29 wrote:

Say what you like. Malthouse turned over 12 per year during his tenure. He started rebuilding at carlton. Pity about the recruiting department

Yes but bringing in Jones, Tutt & Thomas was a disaster of epic proportions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 am 
Harry Vallence

Rod Waddell wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
club29 wrote:

Yes but bringing in Jones, Tutt & Thomas was a disaster of epic proportions

Yes and Jaksch, Whiely and Boekhurst may turn out to be another Boo Boo.
These six players and others have stifled three to 4years team development, lets hope we get some return from Jaksch and Boekhurst.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

barass70 on BF wrote:
We're interested in players 20-25 age bracket but still tuned going to be good times ahead going to have over 3mil salary cap space at end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:30 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
barass70 on BF wrote:
We're interested in players 20-25 age bracket but still tuned going to be good times ahead going to have over 3mil salary cap space at end of the year

Finally some list management. We can't bank the salary cap forever (95/105% Rule?) so expect to see some used this trade period. Hopefully wisely.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:08 am 
Harry Vallence

toddkurnski wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
barass70 on BF wrote:

Finally some list management. We can't bank the salary cap forever (95/105% Rule?) so expect to see some used this trade period. Hopefully wisely.

Yes we've waited patiently for a long time, I 'm enthusiastic about the Sivagni & Brodie reunion at recruting helm, the next two trade periods they bring a few A grade youngsters through the door.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:39 am 
Stephen Silvagni

If Ben Silvagni is considered an A grade tall in waiting, Weitering already is and Jack Silvagni, Charles Curnow and McKay are not far off, together with Marchbank and to a lesser extent Macredie, we have talks galore. Galore. Once we get the midfield sorted, look the @#$%&! out.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 82  Next