Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:31 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Donstuie wrote:
Official: 20% increase in CBA
Quote:
AFL PLAYERS will receive a 20 per cent pay rise this year after a new $1.84 billion dollar, six-year pay deal was announced in Adelaide on Tuesday afternoon.

The bumper pay rise lifts the average player wage from $309,000 to $371,000 and the player salary cap from $10.37m to $12.45m.

In 2022, the final year of the agreement, the average player wage will be $389,000 with a salary cap of $13.54m.

The 20 per cent figure, first reported by AFL.com.au in March, will be followed by rises of 1.2 per cent (2018), 1.3 per cent (2019) and two 2 per cent in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

The deal was voted on by the players on Tuesday afternoon and signed off by AFL Players Association CEO Paul Marsh with overwhelming support of the League's 850 players.

AFL chairman Richard Goyder declared the historic six-year agreement was a significant win-win for both the players and the game's governing body.

AFLPA president Matthew Pavlich said the players were thrilled to receive a fixed share of industry revenue, with the deal giving the players a 28 per cent share of defined AFL un-forecast revenue.

Makes the decision to re-sign many of our young stars now all the smarter.

Also makes Casboult's decision to postpone negotiations until the end of the year look pretty smart....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:03 pm 
formerly King Kenny

If Gibbs left, and picked up Kelly, then Martin, and incorporate Hopper into the Kelly trade, we've rebuilt our midfield.

I'd trust our recruiters to pick some bottom age smokies again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:43 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The Normal One wrote:
If Gibbs left, and picked up Kelly, then Martin, and incorporate Hopper into the Kelly trade, we've rebuilt our midfield.

I'd trust our recruiters to pick some bottom age smokies again.

Martin as in Dustin Martin?
Great player but I think we are going down the no bogans path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am 
Stephen Silvagni

I wouldn't go near Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'm hearing if the Kelly/Hopper deal is going to happen, it will be packaging the Casboult compo pick together with a first rounder (probably next years as it's a better draft) and Murphy, Gibbs ain't going anywhere.

We're probably also going to take a salary cap dump as well, which will leave us in a favourable future position of positive dealings with GWS, as there will be a few more wanting to come back here in a year or two and they'd rather join a team where they have a few friends there already.

:wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 am 
Garry Crane

AGRO wrote:
I'm hearing if the Kelly/Hopper deal is going to happen, it will be packaging the Casboult compo pick together with a first rounder (probably next years as it's a better draft) and Murphy, Gibbs ain't going anywhere.

We're probably also going to take a salary cap dump as well, which will leave us in a favourable future position of positive dealings with GWS, as there will be a few more wanting to come back here in a year or two and they'd rather join a team where they have a few friends there already.

So based on the current grapevine....
- Blues Cross trade in Dusty (take a salary hit for Dusty along the way) and hand over Dusty and Casboult and next years first
- Tigers get high Compensation pick (reflecting high Dusty Salary that GWS only cop a portion of)
- Blues pick up Kelly / Hoppper, Keep Gibbs and first round draft pick but lose Levi

Who loses?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 am 
Harry Vallence

kingkerna wrote:

This.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:49 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:

Kelley AND Hooper for our first rounder and Casboult compo pick? Where the hell do i sign? Danny Ocean would be recruiting SOS after that steal.

Or do you mean Kelly OR Hooper?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ryan2000 wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Kelley AND Hooper for our first rounder and Casboult compo pick? Where the hell do i sign? Danny Ocean would be recruiting SOS after that steal.

Or do you mean Kelly OR Hooper?

I did mention Murphy and us taking a salary cap dump player as well.

Winston Churchill

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:20 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

kingkerna wrote:

Why?

Absolute gun. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:32 pm 
John James

moshe25 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Why?

Same here. Would add an edge to our midfield. No brainer if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:

So we keep Murphy and Gibbs and our first pick this year for Hopper/Kelly by giving up Casboult and next year's 1st?
Yes please.
Any news on Kreuzer?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
AGRO wrote:

So we keep Murphy and Gibbs and our first pick this year for Hopper/Kelly by giving up Casboult and next year's 1st?
Yes please.
Any news on Kreuzer?

Nope I didn't say we'd keep Murphy.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Personally i can't see Murphy going anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Why?

Doesnt know how to use a knife and fork.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:09 pm 
John Nicholls

Murphy and Bolt for Hopper and Kelly, and perhaps a Palmer-type player to alleviate cap pressure so they can afford to pay for our two. Maybe a late pick swap, yada yada.

GWS get a quality, experienced, ex-captain midfielder who will slot in nicely. And a forward who will likely be more dangerous with the type of delivery they'll give him.

We get two young mids... one to replace Murphy immediately and the other to replace Gibbs at the end of *next* year. Next year's draft we also get the two best mids available with our first pick and Adelaides first pick (which we get for Gibbs). That's four young, high quality, high potential mids for the loss of two older mids spread out over two years.

We extract maximum value and we give Murphy (and Bolt) a chance at a flag next year. We give Gibbs (who is younger and will likely play longer) a chance at a flag the following year.

I would be OK with giving our fist pick this year to get the above done (perhaps with their first coming back to us - we've done pretty well with picks in the late teens the last few years).

Tigers will keep Martin at any price, franchise player.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

WHO THE @#$%&! IS HOOPER!?!

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Donstuie wrote:
WHO THE @#$%&! IS HOOPER!?!

I thought we covered this....

The American swimmer

Yeeesh

:lol:

Go you good things

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
kezza wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Yes please.
Any news on Kreuzer?

Nope I didn't say we'd keep Murphy.

Sorry, didnt read it correctly.
Murphy, Casboult and a first rounder for both of them? Not sure about that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:28 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Age wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:

Why?

Same here. Would add an edge to our midfield. No brainer if you ask me.

No brainer is correct. Buyer beware

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 82  Next