Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
dane wrote:
So many teams in the history of the sport have snuck into the 8 and won a premiership. I know exactly where you're coming from SB.
You do realise that in 50% of our games this year we have had either same average age or older list on the paddock

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Did you quote the wrong post?
Can't see the link.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:
Rumour doing the rounds on the Rover of a three way deal.
Gibbs to Adelaide, McGovern to WCE and Gaff to us.
Article says that Gaff is the best of these players, not so sure about that, so some swap of picks may be thrown in.

Prefer a pick and Liam Duggan from West Coast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm 
Bert Deacon

i think we need to change 1 our game plan for 2018,and 2 need to add a couple of line breakers into the side , 3 add some speed this wat i see as our promblem. Our currant get ball either from defence or wings or when we go forward and do the long bomb we are going no where.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

from Marc Smurf 3 on BF;
Gibbs more likely to stay and looking for another property in Carlton
Kelly will either play for Carlton or GWS. We are seen as the club with the highest ceiling and able to compensate GWS most.
At this stage Hopper leaving GWS but to an unknown Victorian club.

Last edited by kezza on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
dane wrote:
So many teams in the history of the sport have snuck into the 8 and won a premiership. I know exactly where you're coming from SB.
You do realise that in 50% of our games this year we have had either same average age or older list on the paddock

And our senior players are generally awful and show no leadership.

What's your point?

Simmo at 32 will do that to us every time he plays.

Rowe and Thomas are next at 29...not long to go for them too

Then there's Armfield and White....it was the right thing to do playing last week in WA, and White plugs holes till...next year.

So, what happened in the other 50% of games? did we win a few when we were younger? Did we get close? Did we show signs?

I like your spirit Sydney, but you sound like the media to me.
Like Accountants, they make figures say what they want.

What they don't tell you is we all wanted to strip back the club and rebuild it off field and on field.
That is going backwards before going forwards. How would you explain that to a kid looking at the ladder?
My 9yo understands it. My 13yo is sick of the false dawns.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
from Marc Smurf 3 on BF;
Gibbs more likely to stay and looking for another property in Carlton
Kelly will either play for Carlton or GWS. We are seen as the club with the highest ceiling and able to compensate GWS most.
At this stage Hopper leaving GWS but to an unknown Victoria club.

I hope we are not putting all our eggs in the Kelly basket

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
wins are not important

Nobody is saying that.

What the club is saying is that the win/loss ratio is not the ONLY measure for us at the moment. We have failed against that performance measure in 2017, that is undeniable. But the big picture is about building a club which will become a genuine premiership contender. Are we doing that? We'll have a better idea this time next year. Personally, I have seen enough this year to be cautiously optimistic that we're on the right track to achieve long term success.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:26 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Football is measured on wins and losses nothing else

Bulldust.

It's measured on premierships.

Winning 50-60% of your games and sneaking into the eight is meaningless if you're not building a club which will win flags. See Carlton during the Ratten era. See North under Brad Scott. See Essendon*** basically since 2001.
See Bulldogs last year

A great example of a club who rebuilt itself properly and won a flag as a result.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

I'd much rather the club's leaders be talking about building to a flag than just consistently making finals just to keep everyone happy ala Richmond.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 pm 
Bob Chitty

dannyboy wrote:
someone claiming their own argument is "pretty strong" makes me suspect they are not arguing, (to arguge one must listen) they are prothletising - I would also question what does "we have gone backwards" mean? Gone backwards compared to what? To the win/loss ration or to developing a strong club, a strong list, a strong sense of direction - all of which are moves forward and can happen while "going backwards".

Almost everybody agrees with that. Unfortunately SB is too blind/cynical/jaded/blind to see it. We all feel sorry for him/her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
someone claiming their own argument is "pretty strong" makes me suspect they are not arguing, (to arguge one must listen) they are prothletising - I would also question what does "we have gone backwards" mean? Gone backwards compared to what? To the win/loss ration or to developing a strong club, a strong list, a strong sense of direction - all of which are moves forward and can happen while "going backwards".

Almost everybody agrees with that. Unfortunately SB is too blind/cynical/jaded/blind to see it. We all feel sorry for him/her.
I'm nobody's bitch.
People have been saying that about me on here for years Crippa.
Unfortunately in most instances I turn out to right.
Don't know if you were around day 1 when I took a set to Pagan. Then Malthouse.
Most thought I was a looney

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:06 pm 
John Nicholls

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

I'm nobody's bitch.

Pagan and Malthouse were very low hanging fruit. Love your passion for our club.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

I'm nobody's bitch.

Not sure of the relevance of the "I'm nobody's bitch" comment but can confirm I mean you no distrespect.

I've been on here for about 9 years. Under a different name until I forgot the password in 2015 and had trouble resetting it so just made a new name.

You were far from along bashing Pagan and Malthouse......but you are certainly in the minority now. Doesn't make you wrong of course. Maybe one day all the flat earthers will laugh in the face of people who believe the earth is a globe.

Like many I still honestly love your passion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Taff wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Crippa wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

I'm nobody's bitch.

Pagan and Malthouse were very low hanging fruit. Love your passion for our club.

Pair of old raisins those two.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

nice article in the herald sun today about the stats that show we are heading in the right direction, sorry i can't upload it but it explores more into the way we have lost rather than just our win/loss ratio
interesting facts about our players used, experience, rising star nominations, even points for and quarters won was a healthy surprise
previously (rightly or wrongly) we were being sold success so we came to expect even demand it, now unlike our previous accomplishments we are of an understanding that we need to build to that success so a bit more patience and growth needs to be established for that to be achieved

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

But da meedya sed we're going nowhere and should sakc the coach????

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 pm 
Ken Hunter

when people claim they are right once and so will be right again, I remember the old rule - show us your working out - it's not the right or wrong that matters - guesses can hit the mark (Chimps, typewriters and all that), it's the reasoning behind the answer that matters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

My biggest concern is that the Club tries to do the rebuild too quickly. When they announced a 66 game 'reset' when Bolton was appointed, I thought they were being too optimistic. 4-5 years seemed more realistic given where we were coming from.

This is year 2 of 3 years. I'd much rather them take an extra year or two and do it right, than trying to get the bulk of it done this year and next and falling short.

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

My biggest concern is that the Club tries to do the rebuild too quickly. When they announced a 66 game 'reset' when Bolton was appointed, I thought they were being too optimistic. 4-5 years seemed more realistic given where we were coming from.

This is year 2 of 3 years. I'd much rather them take an extra year or two and do it right, than trying to get the bulk of it done this year and next and falling short.

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ask yourself this question we play Hawks tomorrow night.
For the long term developed of these players and playing group what would be more beneficial.
Another honorable loss and pick 1 in the National draft or
A win over a side we have not beaten in 12 years and pick 2 or 3.
7 games we have been in front in the last quarter and lost.
If you look at the overall stats apart from uncontested footy we match it in almost every aspect.
They don't know how to win and they are told winning doesnt matter.
Learning to win is the most important thing this playing group needs

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 82  Next