Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

doofdoof wrote:
We've played between 7 to 10 players aged 20 and under 16 times this season. Most of these are teenagers.
I think most agree that every single one of these guys have shown something & seem to be developing well under Bolts.
The group doesn't include Cripps (22), Doc(23) and Plowman(22) who should serve us well for a while yet.
Maybe I have my navy blue glasses on but to me it looks like the foundations for a strong future are there.
Where is it written that by simply playing kids means they will develop into better football players. It could have the opposite affect.
The number of times I have read on here that we flogged Kruez at a young age.
Weiters looks tired and needs a spell.
It has been a long season and the kids are knackered.
But now playing them is the secret to long term success.
The 2 players on our list who have had the biggest impact on team have been Liam and Alex and Kerridge hasn't been that bad as well.
Playing in a side that is continually beaten cannot be good for long term developed.
I have said it plenty of times the players need to learn how to win.
As good as Murphy Gibbs and Kruez are they don't know how to get the team across the line because their whole careers have not been about winning. They even arrived at the club through a losing mentality.
Where a loss was considered a win.
Every week Bolton comes out and says our season is not measured on wins and losses.
This is the absolute wrong message to say to anyone

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

This is the absolute wrong message to say to anyone - in your opinion
in my opinion development cannot be held to only win or loss - that would be an absolutely stupid thing to do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:
doofdoof wrote:
We've played between 7 to 10 players aged 20 and under 16 times this season. Most of these are teenagers.
I think most agree that every single one of these guys have shown something & seem to be developing well under Bolts.
The group doesn't include Cripps (22), Doc(23) and Plowman(22) who should serve us well for a while yet.
Maybe I have my navy blue glasses on but to me it looks like the foundations for a strong future are there.
Where is it written that by simply playing kids means they will develop into better football players. It could have the opposite affect.
The 2 players on our list who have had the biggest impact on team have been Liam and Alex and Kerridge hasn't been that bad as well.
Playing in a side that is continually beaten cannot be good for long term developed.
As good as Murphy Gibbs and Kruez are they don't know how to get the team across the line because their whole careers have not been about winning. They even arrived at the club through a losing mentality.
Every week Bolton comes out and says our season is not measured on wins and losses.

Playing kids does not guarantee wins but the chances of sustained success are built on a commitment to 4 plus years of drafting. Bulldogs, Cats, Hawks made that commitment. The swans had cola. Our list was so weak, we dont have a choice. I think the major benefit of our youth and drafting policy will be from 2020. Geelong took from 1999 to 2005 to ignite and finally winning a premiership in 2007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 am 
Bob Chitty

Sydney Blue wrote:
doofdoof wrote:

You weaken your argument with every post. It's becoming quite amusing on one hand but as per my previous post quite I feel sad for you on the other.

Weren't Murph, Gibbs and Kruze around during the Ratts days which you (and most of us) view as positive days with wins in finals?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crippa wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
doofdoof wrote:

You weaken your argument with every post. It's becoming quite amusing on one hand but as per my previous post quite I feel sad for you on the other.

Weren't Murph, Gibbs and Kruze around during the Ratts days which you (and most of us) view as positive days with wins in finals?
2nd last with 5 wins
Cant kick 100 points and a percentage of 79
Worse than last year.

My argument is pretty strong

We have gone backwards

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 am 
Ken Hunter

someone claiming their own argument is "pretty strong" makes me suspect they are not arguing, (to arguge one must listen) they are prothletising - I would also question what does "we have gone backwards" mean? Gone backwards compared to what? To the win/loss ration or to developing a strong club, a strong list, a strong sense of direction - all of which are moves forward and can happen while "going backwards".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:18 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

We are not talking school boy footy here.
We are talking about fuĺl time professional footballers getting paid the same amount as those playing for spots in finals.
Football clubs are multi million dollar businesses they have a responsibility to achieve the best results possible.
Results in this business is shown up in wins and losses.
Nothing else.
Losses on the football field result in losses in revenue fall in members and fall in crowd numbers.
They are providing a form of entertainment for the public who are paying $ to watch them perform.
What other professional outfit or business can you say results don't matter.
The way the system is set up every club has to have 3 selections in the draft .
So chances are every club has at least a 1/4 of their player's under the age of 21.
Sometimes you need to stand back and look at it from a different prospective.
You cannot have a professional outfit in any form saying you can't judge us on our results.
It's like been a general in an army and losing every battle.
A doctor who cant cure a patient.
A team of sales people that get no sales.
Or a singer who sounds like a wounded dog.
Football is measured on wins and losses nothing else

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
My argument is pretty strong

"We have the biggest arguments!"

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 am 
Bruce Doull

Hey Dee Boy.....

how ya doing brother...?

up for an early morning piss into the wind i see...!

kindest regards tommi

i agree with your questions by the way...!

now i need to wipe my face...!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 am 
Ken Hunter

but which win/losses?
Carlton used to understand that question. It is showing signs that it understands it again.

Hey tommi - yes I try to stay out of the things nowadays, but sometimes..well sometimes i just can't help myself...talking with fools helps remind me of how foolish I ultimately am.

hope all is well tommi.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
We are talking about fuĺl time professional footballers getting paid the same amount as those playing for spots in finals.
Football clubs are multi million dollar businesses they have a responsibility to achieve the best results possible.
Nothing else.
Losses on the football field result in losses in revenue fall in members and fall in crowd numbers.
They are providing a form of entertainment for the public who are paying $ to watch them perform.
So chances are every club has at least a 1/4 of their player's under the age of 21.
You cannot have a professional outfit in any form saying you can't judge us on our results.

Bob Dylan does ok.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Nothing else.

Bob Dylan does ok.

Tommi said "Pissin' In The Wind" not "Blowin' In The Wind"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sydney Blue wrote:

Bulldust.

It's measured on premierships.

Winning 50-60% of your games and sneaking into the eight is meaningless if you're not building a club which will win flags. See Carlton during the Ratten era. See North under Brad Scott. See Essendon* basically since 2001.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

So for those who argue that ladder position is irrelevant, will you be ok with another spoon next year as long as we're getting lots of games into the new kids?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Bulldust.

It's measured on premierships.

Winning 50-60% of your games and sneaking into the eight is meaningless if you're not building a club which will win flags. See Carlton during the Ratten era. See North under Brad Scott. See Essendon** basically since 2001.
See Bulldogs last year

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

So many teams in the history of the sport have snuck into the 8 and won a premiership. I know exactly where you're coming from SB.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

dane wrote:
So many teams in the history of the sport have snuck into the 8 and won a premiership. I know exactly where you're coming from SB.
You do realise that in 50% of our games this year we have had either same average age or older list on the paddock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
dane wrote:
You do realise that in 50% of our games this year we have had either same average age or older list on the paddock

And our senior players are generally awful and show no leadership.

What's your point?

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
dane wrote:

And our senior players are generally awful and show no leadership.

What's your point?
Well the entire premise is that we are building and developing a young group of players who will lead us to a premiership. So therefore wins are not important. It is about young player development.
And yet most weeks we are fielding a side that is just as old as our opposition.
I feel the club is hiding behind youth and development as an excuse for not winning.
We are constantly reminded we are not measuring our performance on wins and losses. Its all about developing.
But if we are fielding sides who are currently the same age or older and losing .
Doesn't this suggest that are opponents are also playing youth and developing also but they still win.
The team we took to Brissy was almost 12 months on average older than Brisbane.
And they smacked us

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:

Not really. The druggies were winning well when they were on the gear.....look how that went?....and how they will be perceived for a very long time.

It's not all about wins and losses.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 82  Next