Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 injury tracker
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:35 pm 
Rod Ashman

Megaman wrote:
Hmmm, Wonder who will get their chance to train in his place?

the board?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:50 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/831014702616424448

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-25/a ... um=twitter

CARLTON ruckman Daniel Gorringe suffered an Achilles injury in Carlton's 54-point pre-season loss to Melbourne on Saturday, placing further strain on the Blues' dwindling ruck stocks.

Gorringe, who was rested in the first half of the JLT Community Series clash at Casey Fields, suffered the injury in the third quarter and will be assessed in the coming days.

Click here for full match coverage and stats

The Blues are already without big man Andrew Phillips, who is sidelined indefinitely and on the Blues' long-term injury list as he recovers from a stress fracture in his left foot.

Coach Brendon Bolton was hopeful Gorringe, who was shown on broadcast footage punching a table in frustration and holding his head in his hands, would not be facing a stint on the sidelines.

"I hope he's OK … I think he stirred up his Achilles," Bolton said.

"At some stage during the week we'll get a result on that, let's hope and cross our fingers it's not too bad."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:19 am 
Stephen Silvagni

that's a sad for him

he's not very durable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:41 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Effes wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-25/achilles-injury-could-sideline-big-blue?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CARLTON ruckman Daniel Gorringe suffered an Achilles injury in Carlton's 54-point pre-season loss to Melbourne on Saturday, placing further strain on the Blues' dwindling ruck stocks.

Gorringe, who was rested in the first half of the JLT Community Series clash at Casey Fields, suffered the injury in the third quarter and will be assessed in the coming days.

The Blues are already without big man Andrew Phillips, who is sidelined indefinitely and on the Blues' long-term injury list as he recovers from a stress fracture in his left foot.

Coach Brendon Bolton was hopeful Gorringe, who was shown on broadcast footage punching a table in frustration and holding his head in his hands, would not be facing a stint on the sidelines.

"At some stage during the week we'll get a result on that, let's hope and cross our fingers it's not too bad."

It's interesting that he seems to give more of a shit off the field than on the field.

:?

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 am 
Vale 1953-2020

AGRO wrote:
Effes wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-25/achilles-injury-could-sideline-big-blue?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's interesting that he seems to give more of a shit off the field than on the field.

I think he suffers from a trait that a number of great, good, and not so good footballers have over the years. And that is that he just looks laconic. Doesn't mean that he doesn't give a shit.

I've watched him train and he busts a boiler. I've spoken to him and he's a nice intelligent (but not intense) guy.

I really like him and hope he makes it.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:00 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

moshe25 wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Effes wrote:

I think he suffers from a trait that a number of great, good, and not so good footballers have over the years. And that is that he just looks laconic. Doesn't mean that he doesn't give a shit.

I've watched him train and he busts a boiler. I've spoken to him and he's a nice intelligent (but not intense) guy.

I really like him and hope he makes it.

I'd like for everyone to make it.

:razz: :wink:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:47 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Gorringe is alive!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
Gorringe is alive!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... umwmh.html

Carlton ruckman Daniel Gorringe cleared of serious Achilles injury

Daniel Cherny
Published: February 28, 2017 - 2:40PM

Carlton have received good news, with ruckman Daniel Gorringe cleared of a serious Achilles injury following scans early this week.

Gorringe, 24, sat out the first half of the Blues' 54-point JLT Community series loss to Melbourne at Casey Fields on Saturday, before taking to the field in the third quarter. His stint on the ground was short-lived however after he experienced discomfort in his Achilles.

The former Gold Coast big man was shown on camera by Fox Footy at three-quarter time looking despondent in the Blues rooms on Saturday. The injury had caused him major issues at the Suns in 2014.

However Carlton said on Tuesday that the scans had found inflammation but no major damage. The Blues said Gorringe would soon return to full training and could play as early as the club's final JLT series match against Fremantle in Perth next week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:29 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Rexy wrote:
that's a sad for him

he's not very durable

:donk:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
verbs wrote:
Gorringe is alive!

Daniel Cherny

Carlton have received good news, with ruckman Daniel Gorringe cleared of a serious Achilles injury following scans early this week.

Gorringe, 24, sat out the first half of the Blues' 54-point JLT Community series loss to Melbourne at Casey Fields on Saturday, before taking to the field in the third quarter. His stint on the ground was short-lived however after he experienced discomfort in his Achilles.

The former Gold Coast big man was shown on camera by Fox Footy at three-quarter time looking despondent in the Blues rooms on Saturday. The injury had caused him major issues at the Suns in 2014.

However Carlton said on Tuesday that the scans had found inflammation but no major damage. The Blues said Gorringe would soon return to full training and could play as early as the club's final JLT series match against Fremantle in Perth next week.

FMD, you'd think he was shot the way he was carrying on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

I think you're being harsh.

He has had serious achilles injuries in the past and wouldn't have known the seriousness or otherwise of what he had done on on Saturday. I don't blame him for feeling like his career could be over if it had gone again.

Plus, he was in pain and didn't know he was being filmed.

Give him a break.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:44 pm 
John James

He probably had McKay telling him he was out for 1 - 2 weeks

Post subject: 2017 injury tracker
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
Effes wrote:
verbs wrote:
Gorringe is alive!

Daniel Cherny

FMD, you'd think he was shot the way he was carrying on.

Actually think it shows how much he cares and how important it is to him

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree ABN and Choo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

WA Blue wrote:

:lol:

Good to see someone took it in the light hearted manner it was meant.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:36 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

WA Blue wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:40 pm 
Bob Chitty

Player Injury Duration
Patrick Cripps Back Test
Ciaran Byrne ACL Indefinite
Daniel Gorringe Achilles 1 week
Andrew Gallucci Shoulder 2-3 weeks
Andrew Phillips Foot TBC
Sam Petrevski-Seton Quad 1-2 weeks

Updated March 1, 2017

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

RIP SPS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

From Bolton's press conference

Buckley: Pinch in his hip - scan
C Curnow: Knock to his shoulder - hopefully a stinger. Assessed during the week

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next