Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

36,131 @4/3/17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Megaman wrote:
36,131 @4/3/17

Where do you get that figure from? :?

It's officially 36,197.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:14 pm 
Craig Bradley

kezza wrote:
I cannot for the life of me understand why Richmond has so many members?

Because they've made a huge effort to include and engage with their supporters. We've made some slight improvements, but we're still miles off from where we need to be. Supporters can cope with preseason pastings. What they're not so keen is being told they're not really welcome at the club. The ridiculous training policy is an obvious example of this.

Bolton and Trigg have done a magnificent job in getting the club internally united. Next task is to embrace the supporters as well. Stop fooling yourselves about secret game plans that will give us extra wins which will then bring the supporters flooding in. We're simply not going to win enough games to build our membership base that way (for another 3-4 years).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:27 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Stefchook wrote:
kezza wrote:

Because they've made a huge effort to include and engage with their supporters. We've made some slight improvements, but we're still miles off from where we need to be. Supporters can cope with preseason pastings. What they're not so keen is being told they're not really welcome at the club. The ridiculous training policy is an obvious example of this.

Bolton and Trigg have done a magnificent job in getting the club internally united. Next task is to embrace the supporters as well. Stop fooling yourselves about secret game plans that will give us extra wins which will then bring the supporters flooding in. We're simply not going to win enough games to build our membership base that way (for another 3-4 years).

Open or closed training sessions will have very little impact. Carlton supporters are hugely different to the likes of Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon* supporters. Those teams have their supporters sign up as members no matter what. Carlton supporters need their club to meet all sorts of requirements before they sign as members. We're collectively above those other clubs. Superior and much smarter. More entitled.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think we have lost a lot of supporters to the Dorks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

The problem is Carlton treated members like shit. They assume that people will continue to hand over their cash simply because 'we're Carlton'. There's too much competition for for people's money these days

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

verbs wrote:
Megaman wrote:
36,131 @4/3/17

Where do you get that figure from? :?

It's officially 36,197.

Well after today, it's 24,335.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

In previous years I've been inclined to blame the club's poor membership & engagement for our shit membership numbers. But now I'm not sure.

Given the inroads the club has made, and reading the comments coming from our preseason games, I now believe a good proportion of our supporters truly don't give a shit unless the club is magically on top again like them good ol days.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

I think some supporters may feel burnt from poor decisions made by previous administrations and whilst it appears that they're on the right track, they still have a way to go to win the supporters back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

Too many false dawns..............lead up the garden path once too many.Me,i'll never give 'em away no matter what.But i am afraid the new kids on the block want instant gratification.They wont get back until we start to deliver.Talk is cheap and no more so than at our club.Having said that i'll give 'em another season before i crack it.But my patience is being tested as it is so obvious that a lot of these new kids in the joint aint got it and will never make it with all the good intentions of our coaching staff.Far too many sheep dogs for mine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Donstuie wrote:
In previous years I've been inclined to blame the club's poor membership & engagement for our shit membership numbers. But now I'm not sure.

Given the inroads the club has made, and reading the comments coming from our preseason games, I now believe a good proportion of our supporters truly don't give a shit unless the club is magically on top again like them good ol days.

I'm sure that's true for some.

But for others of us, we just want to be convinced the club really wants us. I have no issues with the list strategy we've embarked on. In fact, I haven't been so excited about the direction of the club for years. Was planning to come on board again as a member over summer for the first time in years (although I only get to 1 or 2 games a year). But the club never really gave me the impression it actually wanted supporters there over summer. I've taken the hint. Doesn't change my love for the club. I know the club wants membership money. But still not convinced it actually wants members.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

I know I've harped on about a many of things that have changed within our club and maybe, just maybe I might be wrong, but what set off alarm bells just recently, on how far off we are as a successful club right now, was Bailey Rice's choice.
People can spin it anyway they wish but this kid grew up with us and yet, after spending a month with the other mob, his decision was easy. I'm sure we had the 'right' people in place then!
If that doesn't ring alarm bells then nothing will.......for me it something that doesn't sit right and leaves many, many doubts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:41 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

SurreyBlue wrote:
..... Sold our sole!!!

But we got Fisher.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:04 am 
Rod Ashman

verbs wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
kezza wrote:

Open or closed training sessions will have very little impact. Carlton supporters are hugely different to the likes of Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon** supporters. Those teams have their supporters sign up as members no matter what. Carlton supporters need their club to meet all sorts of requirements before they sign as members. We're collectively above those other clubs. Superior and much smarter. More entitled.

So right Verbs, I'm shocked at how many Blues fans I know who aren't members. The real supporters stick when the going is tough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:33 am 
Harry Vallence

Just spent 13 minutes waiting to speak membership regarding tickets for the Port Adelaide away game, was then given incorrect information...

Can't imagine why it took 13 minutes...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:41 am 
Ken Hands

I think Richmond and Essendon* supporters are more passionate about their club than Carlton supporters are , even last year when Essendon* were a basket case they still had good membership .Performances like we did against St.kilda does nothing to excite supporters and in turn sells membership .We did that last year in the pre season aslo .I have been a member for 45years ,I firmly believe we are in trouble ,I am not saying the club is wrong in what they are doing but we need hope ,I hope the players we recruited can get us out of the wilderness .I can see bottom 4 again .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blues Clues wrote:
verbs wrote:
Stefchook wrote:
kezza wrote:

Open or closed training sessions will have very little impact. Carlton supporters are hugely different to the likes of Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon*** supporters. Those teams have their supporters sign up as members no matter what. Carlton supporters need their club to meet all sorts of requirements before they sign as members. We're collectively above those other clubs. Superior and much smarter. More entitled.

So right Verbs, I'm shocked at how many Blues fans I know who aren't members. The real supporters stick when the going is tough.

But ex members who were burned by the previous Marketing guru are going to be difficult to get back in the fold, especially when their seats have been taken away and families and friends who once sat together are what looks permanently split.

You have to feel for them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:13 pm 
Ken Hands

40,651 @ 6/3/17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:15 pm 
Craig Bradley

I don't like it when people trot out the 'real' or 'true' supporter tag... where all supporters with different breaking points.

There are some that will only jump on board if were back on top again but most fans seem to not trust re-build x plenty and have prioritized other things in their lives.

I believe we're on the right track but after a stretch of 22 years, I almost reached my breaking point last year after the round 23 junkies game. If ever there was a game for the fans this was it. A chance bury a fierce rival and give us some enjoyment for the off season. Instead the club and the players looked forward to mad Monday and some that supposedly love the club went house shopping interstate. Our place in the draft is all we seem to talk about these days.

This club has lost its soul... is it any wonder the fans have lost interest?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

I will only come on Board when all the Poker Machines are removed :hitcomputer: :hitcomputer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next