Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

hotspur wrote:
38,518 as at 17/2/17

i was scrolling through other sites - at the present time:

Essendon** 53,740
hawthorn 65,288
st kilda 33,929
geelong 44,854
North Melbourne 32,363
Richmond 59,577

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:00 pm 
Bruce Comben

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
hotspur wrote:
38,518 as at 17/2/17

Essendon*** 53,740
hawthorn 65,288
st kilda 33,929
geelong 44,854
North Melbourne 32,363
Richmond 59,577

what are the 'pies #'s I wonder? we're not exactly one of the "BIG 4" anymore going on those numbers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

gasbill wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
hotspur wrote:
38,518 as at 17/2/17

Essendon**** 53,740
hawthorn 65,288
st kilda 33,929
geelong 44,854
North Melbourne 32,363
Richmond 59,577

what are the 'pies #'s I wonder? we're not exactly one of the "BIG 4" anymore going on those numbers

pies are tricky...they don't release numbers on their website but publish later

we lost our big 4 status years ago....we are bottom 4 now...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:31 pm 
John James

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
gasbill wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
hotspur wrote:
38,518 as at 17/2/17

Essendon***** 53,740
hawthorn 65,288
st kilda 33,929
geelong 44,854
North Melbourne 32,363
Richmond 59,577

You never give up do you misery guts?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
gasbill wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
hotspur wrote:
38,518 as at 17/2/17

Essendon***** 53,740
hawthorn 65,288
st kilda 33,929
geelong 44,854
North Melbourne 32,363
Richmond 59,577

Well technically given there are only 8 MELBOURNE based clubs if you're not in the top 4 you're in the bottom 4.

:lol:

But nonetheless still disappointing.

:cry:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

With the players on the phones calling and pleading to lapsed members, we will have more than 40000 n the next week or two.

We haven't had much success for such a long time the membership tally doesn't surprise me at all. I still don't get the ride Tigers supporters are on but I expect with success we will return to the Big 4.

There is no doubt that the reason we are considered as one of the big 4 is our ability to fill stadiums when we are doing well, not our membership tally. Different Metrics.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
With the players on the phones calling and pleading to lapsed members, we will have more than 40000 n the next week or two.

We haven't had much success for such a long time the membership tally doesn't surprise me at all. I still don't get the ride Tigers supporters are on but I expect with success we will return to the Big 4.

There is no doubt that the reason we are considered as one of the big 4 is our ability to fill stadiums when we are doing well, not our membership tally. Different Metrics.

the board spins that stuff out for years - they used to bang on about yield that is bigger membership revenue per member, but our member numbers rose in 2016 and the member revenue in fact dropped in the 2016 Financial Report, based on members taking our lower cost memberships

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Do we get a trophy for having the most members?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

How does this compare to last year?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:

We are a couple of hundred up on last year.......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 am 
Ken Hands

40,131 1/3/2017

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Jez1966 wrote:
kezza wrote:

We are a couple of hundred up on last year.......

We should break 50k again. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:52 pm 
Ken Hands

We seem to have a lost a whole generation of supporters.We are not one of the big 4 anymore certainly if we go by membership.
When a clubs like Geelong has more members than us , thats a worry , I know they have been successful but its no excuse look at the Cheats and Ninethmond they are killing us in the membership department with no success .We should have a minimum of 55000 when the season starts but we wont ,we will be lucky to have 47000.
I am in my 60s and we were the biggest or 2nd biggest club in the competition from 60s - 90s ,I hope with success we can get back to where we rightly belong .HERES HOPING

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

hotspur wrote:
We seem to have a lost a whole generation of supporters.We are not one of the big 4 anymore certainly if we go by membership.
When a clubs like Geelong has more members than us , thats a worry , I know they have been successful but its no excuse look at the Cheats and Ninethmond they are killing us in the membership department with no success .We should have a minimum of 55000 when the season starts but we wont ,we will be lucky to have 47000.
I am in my 60s and we were the biggest or 2nd biggest club in the competition from 60s - 90s ,I hope with success we can get back to where we rightly belong .HERES HOPING

aleluia- a member that accepts the reality of Carlton - we are not a big 4 - we are a bottom 4 club - australia wide...

we don't have any "right" to belong at the top - those days are over with salary cap and national draft

we need more than just "hope" - we need a footy intelligent , obsessive, driven and smart [you fill the blank] that makes decisions that are correct 99/100 times to pull us out of this continuing decline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:36 pm 
Ken Hands

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
hotspur wrote:

aleluia- a member that accepts the reality of Carlton - we are not a big 4 - we are a bottom 4 club - australia wide...

we don't have any "right" to belong at the top - those days are over with salary cap and national draft

we need more than just "hope" - we need a footy intelligent , obsessive, driven and smart [you fill the blank] that makes decisions that are correct 99/100 times to pull us out of this continuing decline

You know whats strange ,I go to a few games interstate ,and we really have a large supporter base in Qld,NSW,S.A Tas ans W.A look at twitter, facebook and instagram so why dont these supporters become members .I cant understand ,maybe its the price ,family committments ,but all clubs have the same issues .I feel for our club I really do

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:41 pm 
John James

Maybe Carlton membership people should be over here (WA) approaching Blues fans. Next Friday a Subiaco is a perfect opportunity. But it wont happen...

WA has a huge Blues following just needs to be tapped.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:43 am 
Ken Hunter

This is what happens when you lose your heritage and culture and try to become something else.
We stood for something over the 100 years of success with a winners mentality. Our members where proud to say "I follow Carlton"....continuous finals, premierships and no wooden spoon ever!!!
We lost that the minute we accepted medicrity for draft picks. Sold our sole!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:35 am 
Rod Ashman

hotspur wrote:

Of the original "big four" clubs we have by far the most trouble holding onto and attracting members.

Richmond fans in particular have had nothing to celebrate since 1982 and have seen just a handful of finals appearances since, but they still flock back in droves, season after season.

I actually find it all quite interesting. We haven't had a huge amount of recent success, but objectively speaking we have been closer to the mark than both Richmond and Essendon*. Richmond haven't even won a final since 2001, Essendon* since 2004. They have both seen their fair share of dysfunction/scandal in the meantime. But their memberships (Richmond in particular) continue to soar, while Carlton's lag well behind.

Why are Carlton fans so easily deterred and disheartened while Richmond/Essendon* fans are so undeterred and committed?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:59 am 
Wayne Johnston

Blues2005 wrote:
hotspur wrote:

Of the original "big four" clubs we have by far the most trouble holding onto and attracting members.

Richmond fans in particular have had nothing to celebrate since 1982 and have seen just a handful of finals appearances since, but they still flock back in droves, season after season.

I actually find it all quite interesting. We haven't had a huge amount of recent success, but objectively speaking we have been closer to the mark than both Richmond and Essendon**. Richmond haven't even won a final since 2001, Essendon** since 2004. They have both seen their fair share of dysfunction/scandal in the meantime. But their memberships (Richmond in particular) continue to soar, while Carlton's lag well behind.

Why are Carlton fans so easily deterred and disheartened while Richmond/Essendon** fans are so undeterred and committed?

Because we expect more then mediocrity....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

hotspur wrote:

You are right in what you are saying. We are not a big 4 club anymore.
One point on Geelong and their membership. Because they still play home games at Geelong you have to be a member and have a reserved seat to get in. If they played their home games at the MCG or Etihad the need to be a member would not be as strong.
We have lost a generation of supporters, 15 years in the footy wilderness has done this. I cannot for the life of me understand why Richmond has so many members, maybe they are happy with no success and Carlton supporters have been spoiled over the years and our expectations are higher.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next