Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 expectations...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

AGRO wrote:
Effes wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/matthew-lloyd-says-carlton-will-struggle-to-win-games-in-2017/news-story/de867a327e2e934444e51d69888fbe2b

Matthew Lloyd says Carlton will struggle to win games in 2017
Matthew Lloyd, Herald Sun
March 17, 2017 6:00pm
Subscriber only

I DON’T want to be so glass half-empty just six days out from Carlton’s season-opener against Richmond at the MCG, but sugar-coating doesn’t help anyone.

When you look at Carlton’s list and the form we have seen from the Blues in the JLT series, I would be really concerned if I was AFL boss Gillon McLachlan at just how far this once great club has fallen.

And how ugly the scoreboard may become for the Blues on a regular basis in 2017.

He talks about being glass half full but the problem with Monga Lloyd he's got half a brain.

Yes he's right to criticise our form, but he hasn't a clue about our list.

Flower of cretin.

:roll:

Around the middle of last season he wrote an article stating that it was an exciting time to be a Carlton supporter....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

i was thinking about that humpers..here is a link to the article

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... otk78.html

since then we've added sps, fisher, macreadie, polson, williamson, marchbank, pickett, kerr & lebois with palmer (for pick 1million), smedts and silvagni coming in as the temporary big bodies
most would think that's a pretty talented young group on the whole so not sure what's changed for monga...he really needs to stop writing these "half baked" articles and look at the facts a little closer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:23 pm 
Bruce Comben

The only facts worth looking at will be available after about round 5.
Maybe then look to mould some of the nice young chaps who appear to have talent into junkyard dogs who can really play?
I think of the current opposition players that annoy the crap out of me each time we play against them.
For instance I would take Haydn Ballantine in a heartbeat. Skill and ATTITUDE.

Post subject: 2017 expectations...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:43 pm 
Robert Walls

Humpers wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Effes wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/matthew-lloyd-says-carlton-will-struggle-to-win-games-in-2017/news-story/de867a327e2e934444e51d69888fbe2b

Subscriber only

I DON’T want to be so glass half-empty just six days out from Carlton’s season-opener against Richmond at the MCG, but sugar-coating doesn’t help anyone.

When you look at Carlton’s list and the form we have seen from the Blues in the JLT series, I would be really concerned if I was AFL boss Gillon McLachlan at just how far this once great club has fallen.

And how ugly the scoreboard may become for the Blues on a regular basis in 2017.

He talks about being glass half full but the problem with Monga Lloyd he's got half a brain.

Flower of cretin.

Around the middle of last season he wrote an article stating that it was an exciting time to be a Carlton supporter....

So he just has an opinion based on which way the wind is blowing... fits perfectly in with footy media. All talk, very little analysis. John Ralph makes a living off it, can't be bothered watching every game... I am sure most of them are the same. It's sad that they are so lazy and dispassionate about their jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:15 am 
Geoff Southby

toddkurnski wrote:
Humpers wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Effes wrote:

Subscriber only

Flower of cretin.

So he just has an opinion based on which way the wind is blowing... fits perfectly in with footy media. All talk, very little analysis. John Ralph makes a living off it, can't be bothered watching every game... I am sure most of them are the same. It's sad that they are so lazy and dispassionate about their jobs.

So if we are doing better than expected say round 6 and we are 2-4 and pushed a lot of sides he will write an article quoting lots of champion data stats

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:45 am 
Vale 1953-2020

toddkurnski wrote:
Humpers wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Effes wrote:

Subscriber only

Flower of cretin.

So he just has an opinion based on which way the wind is blowing... fits perfectly in with Talking Carlton. All talk, very little analysis..

EFA

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 am 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
Effes wrote:

Subscriber only

Flower of cretin.

In this case I'm a head half empty kind of guy.

Best case scenario.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Waĺlsy god love him has us winning 10 to 11 games

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:

Someone needs to tap him on the shoulder and let him know we are in a year 2 of a 5 year rebuild. Shame on him....

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 am 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:

Well we won't win any now, thanks Wallsy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:22 am 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:

Must have some good weed in France.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:36 am 
John Nicholls

Beantown wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Must have some good weed in France.

They actually do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 am 
Bruce Doull

Foie grass.....

smokes up "gamey"...!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Lots of doom and gloom about us in the media and the season hasn't even started. Same as last year with the 'worst list ever' talk.

On The Couch gave us a good whack last night.

Will only intensify if we put in some howlers early in the season.

Know and accept the reality of where we are at and what path we are on. We're an easy target at the moment and the constant potshots irritate me.

Hope like hell we can at least put in some highly competitive performances early.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

Look at the Australian cricket team, experts gave them no hope in India and they have surprised many and it is the young guys that have shown the way, Renshaw, Handscomb and Cummins with some senior leadership.

I hope we can prove the so called AFL media (no experts) wrong

GO BLUES!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Save those quotes....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I don't really get the negativity.

Struggling to see what our list has lost other than Zac and can see an impressive list of gains.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

If only we were a team full of returning drug cheats. The AFL 'experts' would be barring up at the thought of seeing our heroes again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Jez1966 wrote:
Look at the Australian cricket team, experts gave them no hope in India and they have surprised many and it is the young guys that have shown the way, Renshaw, Handscomb and Cummins with some senior leadership.

I hope we can prove the so called AFL media (no experts) wrong

GO BLUES!!!!!

I have a good feeling about the baby blues this round 1

Just to stick it up the media and its Mongas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'll be there Thursday night but I don't have high hopes. Unfortunately I feel we've spent the past 4 months focussing on a game style that the coaches have quickly realised isn't sustainable. Their language and our progression in the JLT suggests we're rapidly trying to re-adjust but it will take time. I suspect by around round 4 we'll be in the groove. Hopefully I'm wrong and they've been able to rein it in earlier. Whatever the case, on Thursday night I suspect you'll see a significant change from what we saw a month ago.
Lessons for everyone involved. Personally, if the kids are getting preference and the future is being looked after, wins and losses won't be a huge issue for me. If we win 4 games, are competitive and pick up a Dylan Shiel or similar in the PSD, I'll be happy. :grin:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next