Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: We are back
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:03 am 
Harry Vallence

bluebeard wrote:
What I feel and know is we play with enthusiasm and a plan. It's obvious that the players know what ey need to do. The last coach to get a group to play to a plan is Parkin. I couldn't care less if we lose a game if we show this intense plan. We lost to NM and I knew why we were going to lose by half time. It wasn't aptitude, it was man power. I'm willing to lose a few games when we get out gunned but not to spirit and application.

We had a plan.. Thornton holds the ball high... slows things down..

It is incredible that a bunch of players can be bought together to play a repeat effort aggressive style of football that will win you games. We are winning with guts and heart, not seen from our club since 2000.

BB must be a genius.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:12 am 
Harry Vallence

Carlton 2016: I think it was Daniel Gorringe makes a mistake, then runs like a mad man possessed to the next two contests to make amends. We win the ball back because of repeat efforts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:19 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

famousblueraincoat wrote:
Carlton 2016: I think it was Daniel Gorringe makes a mistake, then runs like a mad man possessed to the next two contests to make amends. We win the ball back because of repeat efforts.

It is 'instilled' not 'inate' behaviour, otherwise he would have been doing the same for years prior.

It is the standard. Non negotiable perhaps.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:39 am 
Bob Chitty

I feel tomorrow is a danger game... But I also feel the group is just too drilled / switched on and professional to lose it. In recent years I'd be worried. How are others feeling???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:14 am 
John Nicholls

I'm taking the other half to the match for her first ever live game. f*ck I hope we win. She sees how I behave when we're losing a game we should win, it's curtains.

Post subject: We are back
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:33 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

She supports the drug cheats yeah?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:29 am 
Harry Vallence

Menzel_Mayhem wrote:
I feel tomorrow is a danger game... But I also feel the group is just too drilled / switched on and professional to lose it. In recent years I'd be worried. How are others feeling???

All of the above!

Lions have a tendency to never go away when they play us and I think that will be the case. An exhausting win under 10 points.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

robertbb wrote:
I'm taking the other half to the match for her first ever live game. f*ck I hope we win. She sees how I behave when we're losing a game we should win, it's curtains.

Pretty good. We're better coached and better drilled than them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:17 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'm taking my eldest tomorrow for the first time in a while as he asked me to come. Hasn't wanted to go to a game for a long time. I thought he was pretty much lost to other sports. Even 11 year olds are seeing the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:31 pm 
John Nicholls

dane wrote:

Good memory. Yes. Working hard on changing that

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:12 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Menzel_Mayhem wrote:

I will do my bit and follow Bolton's instructions and not get too down if we lose or two pumped if we win.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
dane wrote:

It might be a good thing for her to see you at your worst and end it. Win/win. Then you can start frequenting Lygon Street to find a nice girl!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:34 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
dane wrote:

Comeon Bluebaggers.

Give us a great show.

Kreeeuuuuuzzzzzeeeeerrrrrrr

Caaaaaasssssbbbboooouulltttt

Crippaaaaaaaaaaa

She will love it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:07 am 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:
dane wrote:

Keep pumping away at it .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:10 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Beantown wrote:
I'm taking my eldest tomorrow for the first time in a while as he asked me to come. Hasn't wanted to go to a game for a long time. I thought he was pretty much lost to other sports. Even 11 year olds are seeing the difference.

Can have a significant effect on membership numbers .

Families looking to do things together makes a a day at the footy an attractive option.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:02 am 
Rod Ashman

cimm1979 wrote:
Beantown wrote:

Can have a significant effect on membership numbers .

Families looking to do things together makes a a day at the footy an attractive option.

Just even the way Bolton presents himself to the way Malthouse did. I remember watching one of the post match press conferences last season and my son commenting on who would want to play on a team lead by that grumpy old bloke.

I asked him the other night what he thought of BB and he said he seemed like a good guy to be around.Hes not one bit interested on the tactics of the game, just the people the club puts up. That alone might put more bums on seats.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
No1Blue wrote:
Think people like Keogh have a right to have been pissed at our club at times and rightfully proud right now at the fight and the desire our players are showing..

My counter argument here would be that even those who were pissed at the club, but who didn't dismantle it brick by brick, day in day out, minute by minute, post by post, have equally as much reason to be proud of the Club's last 6 weeks at the moment.

Do the posters who said Carlton was Shite, from top to bottom, over and over, now become more entitled than the rest of us to bask in the current improvement. Are they more entitled to do so, than those who knew we were shite but who chose not to go on and on and on and on about it.

But as quick as those few that said were were shite, were to jump back on, they will jump back off again as soon as the wheels fall off. Like Death and Taxes it is inevitable. As soon as Gibbs has an off game! As soon as Rowe has 5 kicked on him! As soon as White has a few clangers! They will be back to what they do best. Sniping and gouging all and sundry. Taking cheap shots are the easiest thing in the world.

Give me the sugarcoaters any day. At least they are 100% consistent. :wink:

Regards Cazzesman

Cazzeman

I loved the club for 45 years. And I won't be jumping off when we have a bad game or when Gibbs stinks it up in the foreseeable future.
I was on board when Kernahan left and Lo Giudice drove the need to have an independent panel to go through an exhaustive process to get the right man to coach us. This process should have been going on 20 years ago.
The panel was carefully selected. I loved the fact that Postecoglu was on the panel. A guy who has built a team of elite athletes from scratch. And Judd had seen firsthand knowledge on how [REDACTED] the club was
This wouldn't have happened if the old Carlton had been still around but sticks and co could have learned from their mistakes rather than be arrogant .Those mistakes were Pagan and Ratten. No interview process there. And despite this they went and got a yesterday man, paid him 3 million with no
Thought or process to see what else was out there

I stopped being a member from that point on because clearly the club was dysfunctional, inept and I wasn't putting my hard earned into the club.
And apologies to Tommi here but I was right. Malthouse was a huge mistake but it should have never happened in the first place giving the previous dozen years.

Anyway to answer your question. No I'm not a member. I chucked in teaching four years ago. I'm a personal trainer at Deakin Uni down here in Geelong working weekends and I also wrap and deliver newspapers which is a night shift job with the weekend being the busy time so it is near impossible for me to get to games. My partner and I will be attending Saturdys game and purchasing a 3 game membership.

Now when are you Tommi and King Kernahan going to give an answer to having a beer
We all are different but share the love of the club.
Yes or no?

Looks like nobody wants to have a beer face to face
Oh well the offer is always there
Cheers Victor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

keogh wrote:
show urselves cowards

EFA :P

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:46 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

We are back alright

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:30 pm 
John Nicholls

Premature expectations.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next