Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: We are back
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blues Clues wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Every time I see the name Malthouse I think of our demise.
Reminds me of bad leadership, a coach in the dark ages, and a Board with no balls, let alone direction.

He's gone and "the world is our finals" campaign with Bolton...or something like that.

Malthouse...flower...figjam.

Do you also blame the national debt on Turnbull

Nah! He's my client. I like him and Lucy.

I don't like Malthouse.
Unfortuanely I have yo get use to him in the media giving us his godly opinion

So it was you who put together Turnbull's invite list for the Ramadan dinner with Sheik Shady? :razz:

I'm not religious and I don't trust people who don't drink, so I wouldn't have invited him.

Post subject: We are back
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:43 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Cause I'm Sheik Shady, yes I'm the real Shady
All you other Sheik Shadys are just imitating
So won't the real Sheik Shady please stand up,
Please stand up, please stand up?

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I was looking at something on youtube and this appeared on the side panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vus9i0MUeJ8

Thought I'd remind people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Sombrero wrote:

Good grief he was a super talent.

Such a waste.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:34 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

GWS wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Good grief he was a super talent.

Such a waste.

Yep. Best half of footy I've ever seen from a Carlton player, and that includes Jezza, Crosswell, Juddy, etc. He basically kicked 8 goals in a half - Well, a half plus 3 minutes.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Post subject: We are back
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Absolute gun when on, wish he was there in 2011 would have been a massive chance for the premiership.

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

teagueyubeauty wrote:
Absolute gun when on, wish he was there in 2011 would have been a massive chance for the premiership.

No doubt in my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

"It's never as bad as it seems, it's never as good as it seems." Bolton said.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

Effes wrote:

We have gone from embarassment to laughing stock in the space of a week............reckon us oldtime supporters are entitled to ask............when is it going to end.We are young,we are developing,we have heard it over and over till it makes you want to vomit..................that was a woefull effort up there today.PS Bolts.your gameplan was fine a couple of months back.Guess what ! everyone is onto it.That press is fine but that gaping hole you are leaving in the guts is heaven to our opponents.They cant believe how easy it is to waltz through their.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
Effes wrote:

We have gone from embarassment to laughing stock in the space of a week............reckon us oldtime supporters are entitled to ask............when is it going to end.We are young,we are developing,we have heard it over and over till it makes you want to vomit..................that was a woefull effort up there today.PS Bolts.your gameplan was fine a couple of months back.Guess what ! everyone is onto it.That press is fine but that gaping hole you are leaving in the guts is heaven to our opponents.They cant believe how easy it is to waltz through their.

I think the game plan is ok; there is just a lack of skill and inability to hurt the opposition.

Don't forget the captain last played in round 10.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:26 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Mickstar wrote:
Effes wrote:

Careful! Someone will have a go at you. BB is the messiah.

Can someone please change the title to 'We are back to where we were under Malthouse'?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Sombrero wrote:
'We are back to where we were under Malthouse'?

How many wins and losses this year compared to last? What is Carlton's percentage this year compared to last?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:41 pm 
John Nicholls

Posters have every right to be frustrated. I believe we just do not have the required skill level to do what BB wants. Yes we have won more games than last year but the last two weeks have really highlighted the deficiencies of our list. Next week is looking horrible and the last game of the year is not looking good either if they dish up what was presented today. Not sure about the elephant in the room BS but there is some serious soul searching required.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

Effes wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Effes wrote:

I think the game plan is ok; there is just a lack of skill and inability to hurt the opposition.

Don't forget the captain last played in round 10.

Got great respect for you input Effes.You do a great job..............BUT..........gameplans are there to be exploited.And ours has been shredded for two months now.Ya gotta tinker and evolve.Hate to say it,but Bolts has shown himself to be the least imaginative coach in the comp right now.That should have been a walk in the park up there.Leppitsch himself admitted half of his side is not AFL standard.A bunch of second and third rate novices ran rings around us.Dont want to get into a quarrel with a guy of your standing Effes,but anyway you dress it up that was a atrocious performance.....................however,one thing you and i have Effes is never ending hope.But that brainstrust needs a good hard look at itself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

How many wins and losses this year compared to last? What is Carlton's percentage this year compared to last?

Wins and losses are just one way to measure progress. You should listen to the coach. We are not about measuring wins and losses, we are looking for improvement. Well we beat Brisbane easily last time and this time we lost.

Our playing style has regressed in the past two months to the MM round the boundary and kick it long to a contest. For two months we played fast, attacking, run and carry, exciting football. We even won some games but then we stopped playing that way and winning.

The players love the coach and that's great but it doesn't compensate for a defensive setup that leaks goals like a sieve.
StKilda broke the WR for inside fifty marks last week and many of them were uncontested.
Brisbane had their best quarter since 2014 tonight and had a shitload of uncontested possessions inside fifty.

Are you happy with that?
We have wone more games. We are higher on the ladder. Our percentage is better because we haven't had a 100 point shellacking. They're just numbers. I'm worried about the style of play we have reverted to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Effes wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Wins and losses are just one way to measure progress. You should listen to the coach. We are not about measuring wins and losses, we are looking for improvement. Well we beat Brisbane easily last time and this time we lost.

Our playing style has regressed in the past two months to the MM round the boundary and kick it long to a contest. For two months we played fast, attacking, run and carry, exciting football. We even won some games but then we stopped playing that way and winning.

The players love the coach and that's great but it doesn't compensate for a defensive setup that leaks goals like a sieve.
StKilda broke the WR for inside fifty marks last week and many of them were uncontested.
Brisbane had their best quarter since 2014 tonight and had a shitload of uncontested possessions inside fifty.

Are you happy with that?
We have wone more games. We are higher on the ladder. Our percentage is better because we haven't had a 100 point shellacking. They're just numbers. I'm worried about the style of play we have reverted to.

Not sure what people are expecting

We simply don't have enough quality on our list and that has been the case all year

Relying on players like Curnow as a front line midfielder sums up where we are at

Although the last two weeks have been really disappointing and set us back, I am not too fussed as this is what I expected anyway

Nothing has changed, we still need to nail our next 2 -3 drafts, improve our culture, develop our young players etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

This is a long journey, we have to see it through. No point getting upset over losses like today. Look at the big picture and have some faith. We'll draft well at seasons end and delist more deadwood. BB has started with nothing, must be given time to make his mark.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Only 46 games to go

Winston Churchill

Last edited by AGRO on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mickstar wrote:
Leppitsch himself admitted half of his side is not AFL standard.

So they are going at about 20% better than Carlton, then?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:17 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Nah it was the heat and humidity that beat us today ...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next