Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:
Synbad wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
this womens agenda thing is just pathetic window dressing to disguise the real issue of our club

And the women are in on the conspiracy, of course.

Where is your nest, so I can incinerate it

No you're saying the men at Carlton are making women feel uncomfortable and unable to join with the men in coteries as equals!

That's what you're saying!

I am, but you're the one implying intent as inseparable from fault, something you're apparently immune to
a

You need to illustrate your claims..

Why don't you just say
.I think and it's my personal belief women at Carlton get treated like crap by the boys on the top and it's better they have their own club within a club?

You'd get much more credibility

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:00 pm 
Rod Ashman

teagueyubeauty wrote:
Lol....women overall make up 32-33% of memberships across the comp. Most would be members as part of family memberships or because they want to take their kids who have a genuine interest.

There's more women than men in this world...do the maths.

Womens football is booming, I was circumspect until I saw the game in Tv between Melb and doggies I think last year. It was a wonderful standard.

The crap MF and Synners are going on about is "win games and they will come" mentality that has pervaded this club forever lol

A women's team IS about growth. 3 teams in a massive market for x amount of years until expansion is even thought about. It's a no brainer to me

ok einstein:

You are assuming that if we have a womens league, we will have more women members?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Synbad wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
this womens agenda thing is just pathetic window dressing to disguise the real issue of our club

And the women are in on the conspiracy, of course.

Where is your nest, so I can incinerate it

No you're saying the men at Carlton are making women feel uncomfortable and unable to join with the men in coteries as equals!

That's what you're saying!

I am, but you're the one implying intent as inseparable from fault, something you're apparently immune to
a

You need to illustrate your claims..

Why don't you just say
.I think and it's my personal belief women at Carlton get treated like crap by the boys on the top and it's better they have their own club within a club?

You'd get much more credibility

Because at that point you're basically asking me to give a lecture on feminism and social equality from the perspective of women and minority groups, which is so far out of my wheelhouse I would welcome the usual abuse I get on here for sounding like I know better than everyone else.

If you'd been paying attention to the cultural side of media over the last 18 months, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

teagueyubeauty wrote:
Lol....women overall make up 32-33% of memberships across the comp.

We're the lowest with 34%, the highest I think is about 40%. So the gap between best and worst isn't much on a percentage basis, but there's a lot of work to be done, most especially by us.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:06 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

If the AFL want Carlton to boost revenue by broadening their base with a women's team then that's exactly what Trigg will do.

Anyone who thinks we run our own show is naïve.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
If the AFL want Carlton to boost revenue by broadening their base with a women's team then that's exactly what Trigg will do.

the afl dont understand football

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Everything booms from a very low base.
If you had one person tattooing their face last year and this year you had two.
That's a 300% increase in people with their faces this year compared to how many were around last year
On the surface a 300% increase is a boom

But really nobody is following Carlton for any other reason as how the Carlton team is going and the women's boom won't translate into anything different when you measure against capital outlay and running costs.
Unless you blokes have real data saying otherwise...

Because it doesn't make sense that first a kid will follow the obscure women's league and then become a Carlton member from a clean football slate.

Loll

It's so ridiculously funny it's mind boggling

You can apply lack of women members and lack of children as a parallel to lack of interest in the brand overall with only rusted on types interested

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rexy wrote:

Why the hell wouldn't we seek an emerging market to boost revenue

We've upped our membership efforts, we've upped our online content significantly in both volume and production quality, we've secured one of the two major multicultural zones in Melbourne for a diversity academy system exclusively: the only club to do so.

The only thing we haven't improved remarkably is our social media presence.

We're kicking goals everywhere except on the field, where we're rebuilding with a completely re-focused development drive that's currently paying dividends against a very strong Footscray line up in the VFL.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
Everything booms from a very low base.
If you had one person tattooing their face last year and this year you had two.
That's a 300% increase in people with their faces this year compared to how many were around last year
On the surface a 300% increase is a boom

But really nobody is following Carlton for any other reason as how the Carlton team is going and the women's boom won't translate into anything different when you measure against capital outlay and running costs.

Because it doesn't make sense that first a kid will follow the obscure women's league and then become a Carlton member from a clean football slate.

Loll

It's so ridiculously funny it's mind boggling

You can apply lack of women members and lack of children as a parallel to lack of interest in the brand overall with only rusted on types interested

It's official, you're in fantasy land, not me.

Better change my user info

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

this womens agenda will splinter the brand - it will force some supporters to follow rugby, some A league..thats why the afl have got no clue

the womens league is a reaction to the W league in soccer...afl have got no idea how to stop it...

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Rexy wrote:

Well the afl included gws and GC into its attempt at empire building but all its done is weaken the competition

There are more clubs struggling financially now in my opinion than prior

Even with more games and more TV rights

The women's game is a fend off to women's soccer.
But women play soccer all over the world and there scope to move into.

Afl will always have the same problem

Nobody else outside of the southern states actually cares and it's a totally localized sport..

That's why they're attempting to make it part of the fabric of every day life...

But overall more than half the clubs are broke !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:16 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Rexy wrote:

You don't understand the AFL.

Evans, Samuel, Keltie and their pet dog named Vlad crushed Elliott and in effect Carlton's independence.
They plant their club Ceo's in place to orchestrate their desired overall outcome.
I'm sure they're quite happy for Trigg to keep Carlton just making up the numbers while GWS and GC build a new revenue base.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

I can tell you the afl is rather alarmed at Carlton and Essendon* right now.
If Richmond and magpies don't make the finals it's a disaster for the afl... Make no mistake

The afl is careful in its attempts to balance growth and the franchise clubs.

But it's juggling way too many knives right now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rexy wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Rexy wrote:

You don't understand the AFL.

Evans, Samuel, Keltie and their pet dog named Vlad crushed Elliott and in effect Carlton's independence.
They plant their club Ceo's in place to orchestrate their desired overall outcome.
I'm sure they're quite happy for Trigg to keep Carlton just making up the numbers while GWS and GC build a new revenue base.

I fully agree with that Rexy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

What you two are essentially agreeing on is the afl have destroyed the club? Lol

Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:

Got any real data to back up your point of view?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
What you two are essentially agreeing on is the afl have destroyed the club? Lol

Unbelievable

no i dont - I agree with the fact that rexy said above

I have stated clealy the board issues since elliott have wrecked our club

the 2 factors are related and dependent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Elliott destroyed the club in losing its independence.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yes ask your friends how their kids follow their club

Simple

Lol
And how many will change clubs outside their formative years

That's common sense

Now you give me your common sense Cecil

I'm interested in an insight into you. You're so quiet we hardly know you.
Excerpt that your name here comes up as green.

Tell us how children support who they support and when they begin to follow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:33 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Yes ask your friends how their kids follow their club

Simple

Lol
And how many will change clubs outside their formative years

That's common sense

Now you give me your common sense Cecil

I'm interested in an insight into you. You're so quiet we hardly know you.
Excerpt that your name here comes up as green.

Tell us how children support who they support and when they begin to follow

So no real data? Thanks for clearing that up.
What if the women's team attracts some disenchanted female fans who haven't previously felt connected with the club? Those women see the efforts being made by the club and begin following again. Then they have children who follow, then their children's children... and so on.

Plenty of people who don't follow a club, but do have an interest in the game. I only have to look at my group of female friends to see that. Evidence of a club committed to the women's game may attract their support.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Here's my own personal anecdotal evidence: a competitive women's team would draw my sister and my cousin back into watching footy more again.

My sister, a former state league-level junior hockey player, was pretty interested in how the Northern Football League's women's divisions were going.

I reckon if I helped her with her disposal she'd be a superb midfielder to develop; she's got the bloodlines.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next