Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:31 am 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I just feel sorry for my kids who cant bare to watch the 2nd half of Carlton games knowing the result.

Yep. A whole lost generation in fact. It's hurting us.

20 years in fact...

Bound by Depression.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:51 am 
Bert Deacon

My kids are Blues supporters but only by a thread. My eldest are 9 & 7, they have had the AFL ladder up in their class rooms since starting school. It's a struggle to keep them on the wagon but I will persist. my son asks me every weekend if we have won, he doesn't accept honourable losses. I will be selecting the games wisely that I take him too

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

I expected this season to be a bunch of 60-70 point losses against the top 4-6 teams, 20-30 point losses against the middle 6 and at least break even in wins/losses against bottom 6. Yesterday was not a shock in the least, and encouraging in a way that we limited the damage somewhat. There was a passage in the second quarter (I think) where the Swans kept kicking points and we could not for the life of us clear the ball from kick outs past our defensive 50. The gulf in class is too great, especially when the opposition can afford two giants like Buddy and Tippett to patrol their F50.

There really is no option other than to be patient. One thing we I really hope is that the skills will improve and turnovers will decrease. The difference in kicking from Casboult between this game and the last shows that small improvements can be made if the players are willing to work hard at their game. The main worry in this respect, as others have noted, is that most of our disposal FUBARs come from senior players. But I guess in a way that is good, because we are replacing them with players with pretty decent disposal in general.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

cimm1979 wrote:
Braithy wrote:
i don't subscribe to this whole shit opinion, we were a crap team last year, therefore we should expect to be crap again this year.

watching the swift and sharp rise of the bulldogs and port before them. bottom 4 teams with apparently no list depth and void of positional players but they come in with a new coach and new philosophy and they win off the bat and now they're looking like top 4 material in a few seasons.

i'm bound by frustration, not blue.

The Bulldogs rolled along the bottom for the McCarthy years. They were putrid.

This is season 1 of a rebuld Braithy.

I completely understand the frustration of many Carlton supporters. We have been putrid for over 15 years now. With at least another 3 - 5 years before we may contend again, it is disheartening.

However, we have at least made the decision to start again and do a proper rebuild, which obviously takes time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:22 pm 
Horrie Clover

the biggest disappointment for me is kruezer, i really want him to be a good player but after yesterday he is no where near it and i feel like he is cooked big time

like the 2 kids we recruited , weitering and CC have great disposal

i don't believe Sydney is the best team like you guys are sprouting , wait a few more games , they played a bad collingwood and us

also love how bolton is playing the kids, why not , we have nothing to lose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Some basic facts
Murphy to a lesser extent overrated
Kreuzer tries hard but is too slow and simply doesn't get enough of his own ball and doesn't take enough marks and doesn't hit the scoreboard enough
Gibbs simply picks and chooses when to go. 25 possessions and no impact.
For a guy who was fabled so much for his skill and awareness when he was drafted he falls short in that area as well.
Simpson been a fantastic player but some shocking efforts yesterday
Jamo did well on Buddy but not the footballer he once was

There are leaders who don't lead. Been a massive problem at this club for so long.

Phillips has a great leap but has little footy brain so the problem started in the ruck
We were smashed
Lamb not much chop
Rowe not much chop either
Everitt has to be dropped on his last two performances
Positives
Graham is a smart footballer
Docherty terrific
Kerridge a good pickup
As is Wright
Boekhurst has improved
Like Charlie's debut
Thomas best game
Curnows efforts put some of our bigger names to shame
Weitering terrific
Too much left to Cripps

It will be interesting to see what Bolton does with Gibbs and Kreuzer if these two play like they did yesterday

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
IMO Kreuzer peaked in NAB 1.

I'm probably being a bit impatient and harsh. But he seems to peak for about 1 game a year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

keogh wrote:
Lamb not much chop

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
I just feel sorry for my kids who cant bare to watch the 2nd half of Carlton games knowing the result.

Yep. A whole lost generation in fact. It's hurting us.

That's a weak as piss excuse, kids will follow what their parents do and say. Be realistic but positive is all it equates to.

I blame the well gorged parents of kids for reminiscing of the good old days...

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
just returned:

as I said last week - its all about out with the old in with the new

jamison
simpson
white
rowe
everitt
gibbs - he is trade bait material - if get a 1st round for him do it sos
thomas
kruzer

all need to be exited out asap - these guys wont get better and wont be with a premiership

still undecided about Broekhurst and Graham

happy with charlie , but rest him regularly
JW - superb - when everyone was losing their heads in the 3rd, JW has time and space marks in defence pauses then lace out foot pass.
i just pray that we dont burn these young kids

swans have a well driven team , superb list and a midfield

endeavour was there but no basic skills that lets us down - so what this means is we need to migrate players out and draft in new talent as fast as possible with a new development program driven and funded by the board...

Don't burn out the kids, but get rid of all the senior players ASAP? How does that work?

I agree that our seniors are way below par and won't be part of the next great Carlton side (I'm being crazy optimistic here and reckoning there will be one in my lifetime, even though the same 3 or 4 clubs have dominated the AFL for a decade now). But you can't just ditch them all at once and expect a squad with no experience to come good all on it's own; you need some old heads to turn potential into results. GWS have realised this, and we need to not forget it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Braithy wrote:
i don't subscribe to this whole shit opinion, we were a crap team last year, therefore we should expect to be crap again this year.

watching the swift and sharp rise of the bulldogs and port before them. bottom 4 teams with apparently no list depth and void of positional players but they come in with a new coach and new philosophy and they win off the bat and now they're looking like top 4 material in a few seasons.

i'm bound by frustration, not blue.

Most people over look the fact the dogs and port drafted well for 3 or 4 years before their quick rise. We have not.
Bont Stringer Johannisen Wood Hunter Libba Wallis etc that's years of good drafting.

Port are the same - Wingard Wines Lobbe Hartlett Boak etc etc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

3 years till our meteoric rise then!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Agree Em but it is helpful to get 2 early picks as f/s under the previous rule
Dogs very lucky to get wallis and libba very cheap and were first rounders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We have 18 players on the list drafted in the top 20 with 7 of them before pick 3
Its not about building a list it is about learning to win.
The players are so conditioned to losing they just accept it.
The entire football public expects them to lose they are told that effort is there but they are not good enough.
They need to learn to win
They need to expect to win
They need to learn that losing is not acceptable.
Get that mentality straight and things will turn around.
Get it wrong and then you continue to be Melbourne Footscray and Stkilda and Richmond and accept being mediocre

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
We have 18 players on the list drafted in the top 20 with 7 of them before pick 3
Its not about building a list it is about learning to win.
The players are so conditioned to losing they just accept it.
The entire football public expects them to lose they are told that effort is there but they are not good enough.
They need to learn to win
They need to expect to win
They need to learn that losing is not acceptable.
Get that mentality straight and things will turn around.
Get it wrong and then you continue to be Melbourne Footscray and Stkilda and Richmond and accept being mediocre

They need to be develop in a program that let's this potential flourish. Draft order is meaningless if the correct programs are not in place

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Culture at Carlton needs addressing, Brenden Bolton knows that but he's getting no help from our Board, most of whom have been in-situ for far too long.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

frank dardew wrote:
Agree Em but it is helpful to get 2 early picks as f/s under the previous rule
Dogs very lucky to get wallis and libba very cheap and were first rounders

Just hide them like we did with SOS.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:
Culture at Carlton needs addressing, Brenden Bolton knows that but he's getting no help from our Board, most of whom have been in-situ for far too long.

Haven't we replaced half the staff in the building since about this time last year?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Haven't we replaced half the staff in the building since about this time last year?

Ah yes but the board replaces the staff to fix the problem and that doesn't fix the problem.
Want to know why the board can't fix the problem when though they have replaced everybody three times over?

That's because the board IS THE problem!

Who would have thought eh? Lol

Simple case of process of elimination really

Have we been told when the 66 games begin exactly and exactly what's expected after we hit 66 games?
This is like listening a clairvoyant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

And we've witnessed no improvement whatsoever, roger

Oh wait

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next